Here Comes the Boom
Kevin

Medford, MA

#1 Nov 16, 2012
Wonder how many locals caught this movie. Makes you wonder what our teachers are willing to do to save programs for our kids. Funny movie with a plot that hits close to home. Finding the money to save a program!!!! And the teachers were helping the school system!
Add

Little Falls, NY

#2 Dec 8, 2012
Wonder how many locals caught this movie. Makes you wonder what our teachers are willing to do to save programs for our kids. Funny movie with a plot that hits close to home. Finding the money to save a program!!!! And the teachers were helping the school system!
U shoulda been swallowed

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Dec 9, 2012
In the movie was the school system given a chance to merge? Was the system offered millions to merge? Were the tax payers offered a reduction in taxes? Were kids offered new program the minute the merger took place?

Did the town reject all that was offered above and expect under paid teachers to take pay cuts instead?

And the embarrassment continues. Where do you the nerve and can you really be this fkin stupid?

You people aren't asking your teachers to teach an extra section. You're asking teachers that are paid on the low end of the scale now, to take a 20-25% pay cut. Do you have "any" idea how mentally challenged you sound?
clowns

West Palm Beach, FL

#4 Dec 9, 2012
Ouch.
DHB

Herkimer, NY

#6 Dec 10, 2012
U shoulda been swallowed wrote:
In the movie was the school system given a chance to merge? Was the system offered millions to merge? Were the tax payers offered a reduction in taxes? Were kids offered new program the minute the merger took place?
Did the town reject all that was offered above and expect under paid teachers to take pay cuts instead?
And the embarrassment continues. Where do you the nerve and can you really be this fkin stupid?
You people aren't asking your teachers to teach an extra section. You're asking teachers that are paid on the low end of the scale now, to take a 20-25% pay cut. Do you have "any" idea how mentally challenged you sound?
Republicans call that the "entitlement" mentality.
try this

Shallotte, NC

#7 Dec 10, 2012
DHB wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans call that the "entitlement" mentality.
At this point I call merging option 1 or survival, as opposed to option 2 or being dissolved.
Heresone

Herkimer, NY

#8 Dec 10, 2012
How about we stop trying to maintain the status quo with budget increases. There's 190k. We could save an additional 500k by eliminating redundancy in administration. That's nearly 700k half the alleged deficit.This can be done with out laying off one teacher. Stop trying to threaten lower level employee's and attack the big money. Start purchasing supplies with other schools which saves all of us money. Sell the giant washer and dryer blunder, gotta be at least 30k there. Out source maintenance. Have teachers pick up 15% of health insurance, that's much lower than any private sector employee pays. Raise property taxes 2% if necessary. Last elect a BOE with a set of bawls. It's not that tough we just have to reconcile the gravy train is over.I know I know these are all dirty words and I'm uneducated, beer swiller,c sucker redneck azz hole and probably a few I have forgot, but I'm right. And I will sleep very well tonight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Empire Diner 33 min Get a better job 12
Roaches Tool place 1 hr Hammer 7
Congrats on the 1.8% tax increase Village Board 3 hr cleanup Herkimerscum 13
Ward Halverson, the therapist 10 hr I know 16
brennan the judge (Oct '14) 14 hr secretsecret 153
Scumbag susan schrader 15 hr Msjean 7
Fat Cats 21 hr What a joke 20

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance