Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

wonderful we are so proud wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's true you're a bigger assholl than you've been letting on. With a half a brain you must know our track record. Although districts are only allowed to have so much in reserve our system from Fusco on up has always had a bit extra up their sleeve. We've had money when no one else has. If we hadn't merged we won't have made cuts this year. At this time, although not exactly on paper, our reserves are to the max.
Bank on it.
I don't believe 'Up our sleeve' would be considered "Generally Accepted Accounting Practices". It's nice to know the numbers in the school budget I voted for were apparently just smoke and mirrors. Thanks.
WahWah

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Missed the big Payday........
charter this

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

the od pic today of the student being herded down the hall way looks inviting, cant imagine what the classroom looks like, upurs dale u too cockmo
Hey dkhead who cares

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

temple grandin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe 'Up our sleeve' would be considered "Generally Accepted Accounting Practices". It's nice to know the numbers in the school budget I voted for were apparently just smoke and mirrors. Thanks.
Our tax dollars + building ratio aid + rent from Remington = More than covers the 2mill increase, leaving 4.5mill to pay over the top on debt or whatever.

In a budget you always figure on the high side (accepted accounting practice).

And if you check, CVCSD placed $325k into our reserve fund.

Ain't that a bitch?
Insider

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Interesting, but at one of the very first merger meetings (4 school merger), I recall the consults telling us, the concerned parents,that if you had a (for example) first grader in the Herkimer, Mohawk, Ilion or Frankfort zone that you could be assured that you child would be receiving the same education, no matter where they were attending school. I knew at that time that the situation as described by the consultants was not possible and I know for a fact it is not happening now. Unfortunately, the teachers whom you hoped would be putting their egos on the backburner and working for the common good of the children they are educating, is simply not happening to the extent expected and hoped for.
sure thing

New Lebanon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

So in the first 2wks of school all elementary teachers at one school are not following the expected curriculum.

Knowing anything like this for a fact, means you must be the administrator doing the teacher evaluations.
who cares

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

as long as im making my 185k with benis for life, thx dale your best friend cockmo
Tiger Lily

Fort Plain, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

sure thing wrote:
So in the first 2wks of school all elementary teachers at one school are not following the expected curriculum.
Knowing anything like this for a fact, means you must be the administrator doing the teacher evaluations.
. All teachers in NYS have to follow the Common Core Curriculum. Some schools are following the NYS prepared "Modules" for ELA & Math, and some are choosing to use existing programs/textbook series' etc. and supplementing to meet the expectation(s) of the Common Core. There are no prepared programs for subjects such as Middle School Science, for example. So I'm wondering how you are so sure that teachers at the elementary school you are referencing are not teaching the expected curriculum? And I'm totally confused to how that relates to being an Administrator responsible for doing observations. When a Teacher turns in their plans explaining the lesson observed, they very clearly list which Common Core Standards were covered in the lesson. I don't think you really have any idea what you're trying to complain about.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

who cares wrote:
as long as im making my 185k with benis for life, thx dale your best friend cockmo
Sorry "who's clueless", cockmo got the job but no raise and 185 with benefits isn't even close.

Why do you insist on trying to mislead you neighbors?
sure thing

New Lebanon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Hey Tiger, I'm responding to "Insider" who is full of shht.

I'm asking how anyone can say, after only 2wks of school, teachers are not doing what's expected.

I'm saying, to know anything like that for a fact, must means you're the administrator in charge of doing teacher evaluations.
Paydayboy

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Poor angry retiree's
misguided

New Lebanon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Paydayboy wrote:
Poor angry retiree's
No one has receive a payday yet and no one will be getting a payday.

Watch the show, don't start guessing till it's over.
misguided dont think so

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

ILION, N.Y.—
Keeping school bus stops clear of snow will be an additional challenge this winter, Ilion Department of Public Works Superintendent Jack Sterling told the village board last week.

“We had a hard enough time doing it with 11 stops, let alone 44,” he said, adding crews will not be able to clear all of the areas with the sidewalk plow. He also expressed concern about manpower issues and overtime.

Mayor John Stephens said village residents are responsible for their own sidewalks and if they are not clearing them the codes department and police will have to cite them for codes violations.

According to village codes, residents must clear their sidewalks within 24 hours after a storm, Sterling said, adding,“The codes have got to be enforced.”

Sterling also had safety concerns about the stops at the bottom of some hills in the village, noting that if a plow skidded coming down a hill, there could be a child or a bus in its path. He said he would like to see those stops moved away from the intersections.

Trustee Robert Wellington said some parents are driving their children to the bus stops. On a rainy day at one stop, two children were standing at the stop and nine vehicles were parked nearby as parents waited with their children in the car, he said. Trustee Joanne Moore added it could be difficult for an emergency vehicle to get through.

Stephens asked Sterling to discuss his concerns with Central Valley School Superintendent Cosimo Tangorra.

“This is new,” said Stephens of the transportation changes brought about by the newly merged school district.“It’s brand new to everybody.”
go fcuk yourself dale

Read more: http://www.herkimertelegram.com/article/20130...
O my heavens dis is awful

New Lebanon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Oh my god, knowing this we have no choice but to UNDO THE MERGER. The sky is falling...Smoke and mirror's. The world is coming to an end. To fkin funny!!!

Big fkin deal, so they need to adjust. Have Johnny Stephens stop paying ridiculous money and accepting pay vouchers from our village attorney. Problem solved. Ck into that.

Have they figured global warming into the equation?
O my heavens dis is awful

New Lebanon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

go fk yourself coksoaker

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Valley health Schrader & Watson 7 hr steve 152
Mysteries of the universe with busy mom (May '13) 7 hr busy mom 78
polish club 9 hr evil 19
Licari Motor Car sucks (Sep '10) 9 hr Tom Huge 23
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Go Blue Forever 6,370
Tutty named interim superintendent at Central V... 13 hr WOWSA 24
Valley Liquor putting liquor shops out of busin... 14 hr El Farolito 16
Mayors circus 14 hr unauthorized use 43
cheating men 19 hr say what 51
•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••