Costmore And Long backtrack on Merger...
Really

Little Falls, NY

#42 Sep 3, 2013
useyourhead wrote:
<quoted text>
If Herkimer adds Mandarin Chinese to their electives that's new, right?
BUT, if we merged and Mandarin Chinese is offered to Herkimer that's not new???
SERIOUSLY...are you really this stupid.
Taxes in Ilion lower than expected and Mohawks are down.
Let me guess your eyes a really far apart.
Taxes are "lower than expected" Sounds a lot like TAXES WENT UP. At least you have opportunity and Mandarin Chinese. Perfect..........
and ur shocked

Albany, NY

#43 Sep 3, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Taxes are "lower than expected" Sounds a lot like TAXES WENT UP. At least you have opportunity and Mandarin Chinese. Perfect..........
Yup, up as they are supposed to and Mohawk's DOWN. Are you just learning this? Maybe I can help.

Our taxes went up less than expected, we have Mandarin Chinese, opportunity and cash to hopefully weather any storm.

Here's the breakdown

The 2012-13 combined bugets of Ilion & Mohawk schools (last year) was:$42,062,610.
The 2013-14 combined bugets of Ilion & Mohawk school (this year merged) is:$44,125,000.

Change in spending: 4.9 percent increase or 2,062,390.

When our budget passed May 21st of this year those tax dollars covered that 2mill.. None of that 2mill was covered by aid money.:-)

Read more: http://www.herkimertelegram.com/x863228333/Sc ...

In addition we receive rent from the our Remington School building now occupied by BOCES.

We received an "additional" "$725k" for merging which allowed us to use Ilion's more favorable bldg aid ratio.

And the state sent us an additional 4.4million in aid for merging.

New classes, my son has several electives available to him that were not offered last year.

All of the the above is in place as we speak, in other words...undeniable facts.

Really

New York, NY

#44 Sep 3, 2013
No Not shocked at all. How many electives can your kids take? Try getting into college taking electives LOL. Electives equal classes for kids who can't deal with the higher learning Curriculum. Congratulations you've accommodated the tards.Be Proud
cake eatenhomo

Little Falls, NY

#45 Sep 3, 2013
and ur shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, up as they are supposed to and Mohawk's DOWN. Are you just learning this? Maybe I can help.
Our taxes went up less than expected, we have Mandarin Chinese, opportunity and cash to hopefully weather any storm.
Here's the breakdown
The 2012-13 combined bugets of Ilion & Mohawk schools (last year) was:$42,062,610.
The 2013-14 combined bugets of Ilion & Mohawk school (this year merged) is:$44,125,000.
When our budget passed May 21st of this year those tax dollars covered that 2mill.. None of that 2mill was covered by aid money.:-)
Read more: http://www.herkimertelegram.com/x863228333/Sc ...
In addition we receive rent from the our Remington School building now occupied by BOCES.
We received an "additional" "$725k" for merging which allowed us to use Ilion's more favorable bldg aid ratio.
New classes, my son has several electives available to him that were not offered last year.
All of the the above is in place as we speak, in other words...undeniable facts.
thx dale u fat fcuk, we got miller to lead us through now. u can have cockmo u pos now gfum
sure thing

Albany, NY

#46 Sep 3, 2013
Really wrote:
No Not shocked at all. How many electives can your kids take? Try getting into college taking electives LOL. Electives equal classes for kids who can't deal with the higher learning Curriculum. Congratulations you've accommodated the tards.Be Proud
He had 3 studyhalls last year, so I'll say he can take 3.

It's interesting you find electives such as foreign languages and advanced math classes laughable.

Did you find Herkimer and Franforts increase in spending, tax levy increase and major cuts laughable? Having no elective equal studyhalls and drop out losers. Be proud.

Read more: http://www.herkimertelegram.com/x863228333/Sc...

Night night sweetheart ;-)
well

Ilion, NY

#47 Sep 4, 2013
nothing will change same terrible teachers producing sub par results busing is a mess and i will say taxes will be lower for years one and two ...lets see what happens after that?...same results just more kids bigger expenses more money for admins great job all you voters who fell for the pitch!
one or two years what

Albany, NY

#48 Sep 4, 2013
well wrote:
nothing will change same terrible teachers producing sub par results busing is a mess and i will say taxes will be lower for years one and two ...lets see what happens after that?...same results just more kids bigger expenses more money for admins great job all you voters who fell for the pitch!
What part don't you get??? Or do you still have your eyes closed.

Our spending went up the least of any district and we covered that increase with our 2% increase in tax dollars. We touched zero aid dollars and made no cuts to achieve our balanced budget.

We are now renting Remington, receive 725k for our build aid ratio and we get 4.4 million a year for the next 5yrs and 59mill over the next 15yrs.

You're hanging on to a busing issue as if it's a big deal...busing will work itself out.

As far as teachers, we are all in the same boat. Like many struggling businesses have demonstrated, key changes can be made to return to profitability. As a school system we need to increase test score and graduation rates. Granted this will take years.

The difference between us, we have money, the time and we won't be suffering or collapse during the long process.
DHB

Herkimer, NY

#49 Sep 4, 2013
well wrote:
What school merger have you previously participated in ? I lived through a large one 15 years ago. They are now ranked nationally, in the top 30 in the state, and there isn't any talk today of cutting teachers, classes, sports, they have great food choices in the cafeteria, they offer 5 languages, etc. There is even talk of putting artificial turf on the school fields ! This merger will be what you make it to be.

Fixed costs are going to rise over time and your taxes are not going to go down forever. However, you have changed the structure enough to get the costs more in line with the revenue and student body size. I know you despise change, but organizations like Ford, Apple, and various sports teams change their operating structure and perform well without changing out every employee. Conversely, you have a Kmart/Sears who keeps trying to cut their way to prosperity. Do you like shopping there ? Schools are not that different.
Student

New York, NY

#50 Sep 4, 2013
sure thing wrote:
<quoted text>
He had 3 studyhalls last year, so I'll say he can take 3.
It's interesting you find electives such as foreign languages and advanced math classes laughable.
Did you find Herkimer and Franforts increase in spending, tax levy increase and major cuts laughable? Having no elective equal studyhalls and drop out losers. Be proud.
Read more: http://www.herkimertelegram.com/x863228333/Sc...
Night night sweetheart ;-)
Herkimer still offers tons of advanced classes...
coonazz

Utica, NY

#51 Sep 4, 2013
i wouldnt say a ton but 6 i know of and zaleski teaches one of them pos
temple grandin

New York, NY

#52 Sep 4, 2013
one or two years what wrote:
<quoted text>
Our spending went up the least of any district and we covered that increase with our 2% increase in tax dollars. We touched zero aid dollars and made no cuts to achieve our balanced budget.
We are now renting Remington, receive 725k for our build aid ratio and we get 4.4 million a year for the next 5yrs and 59mill over the next 15yrs.
You're hanging on to a busing issue as if it's a big deal...busing will work itself out.
As far as teachers, we are all in the same boat. Like many struggling businesses have demonstrated, key changes can be made to return to profitability. As a school system we need to increase test score and graduation rates. Granted this will take years.
The difference between us, we have money, the time and we won't be suffering or collapse during the long process.
You have completely misunderstood the CVA budget. Go read it again and/or have someone explain it to you.

According to you, the entire 2 million increase in overall budget was covered by Ilion's tax increase - NOT EVEN CLOSE.
z u pos

Utica, NY

#54 Sep 4, 2013
btw cva has 8 offered this fall counting drama ahahahha upurs dale
temple grandin

New York, NY

#55 Sep 4, 2013
one or two years what wrote:
<quoted text>
The only revenue line that increased for CVA was state aid - roughly 5.5 million increase (which includes the merger money of 4.4 million). Tax revenue actually decreased due to Mohawk tax cuts. You began the budget process with a(roughly) 4 million deficit - you plugged that deficit with your state aid money(ie merger funds) and used the remaining 2 mil on added items due to the merger. Period. The End.
DHB

Herkimer, NY

#56 Sep 4, 2013
Agree wrote:
I live in the Herkimer district and have a kid in the high school. He is still receiving a lot of options for electives so I really don't see a problem there. My problem is the new principal. I thought the last one sucked now we are left with a cold hearted woman whom could care less about our kids! How great for us. Just can't win can we, any of us!
While most of the electives are worthless, the new principals are treating the high school as if it were an elementary school. The kids cannot get into the school until 7:40...you know many kids were there early printing off homework, etc ? Most did not have printers or even computers at home. You know how many kids parents have to leave for work by 7:00-7:15 ? Don't give me the safety crap.....I pay taxes in a AAA school that is open half the weekend and until 9:00 at night with all kinds of programs going on ! Why do we put up with a school that that is never open and is seldom ever part of the community ? You are going to be paying enough for it.
sooo

New York, NY

#57 Sep 4, 2013
temple grandin wrote:
<quoted text>
The only revenue line that increased for CVA was state aid - roughly 5.5 million increase (which includes the merger money of 4.4 million). Tax revenue actually decreased due to Mohawk tax cuts. You began the budget process with a(roughly) 4 million deficit - you plugged that deficit with your state aid money(ie merger funds) and used the remaining 2 mil on added items due to the merger. Period. The End.
So CVCSD budgeted everything this year we need for the new system to move forward? Mohawk is now on an even playing field tax wise. Mohawk now get to choose from Ilion's course offerings and visa versa. We had no cuts. So we're good. The end.
temple grandin

New York, NY

#58 Sep 4, 2013
sooo wrote:
<quoted text>
So CVCSD budgeted everything this year we need for the new system to move forward? Mohawk is now on an even playing field tax wise. Mohawk now get to choose from Ilion's course offerings and visa versa. We had no cuts. So we're good. The end.
Whether you're good or not is conjecture. I will stick with the financial facts. You(CVCSD) are broke(again) and your teacher's union hasn't even had a turn at bat.
sooo

New York, NY

#59 Sep 4, 2013
temple grandin wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you're good or not is conjecture. I will stick with the financial facts. You(CVCSD) are broke(again) and your teacher's union hasn't even had a turn at bat.
Don't worry about a thing, we got it.

You worry about your cuts, it must be difficult.
We wouldn't know.
temple grandin

New York, NY

#60 Sep 4, 2013
sooo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about a thing, we got it.
You worry about your cuts, it must be difficult.
We wouldn't know.
Born and raised in Ilion and current CVCSD school tax payer. Merely posting on an 'out of town' thread - as you apparently are doing.
Hysterical

Canajoharie, NY

#61 Sep 5, 2013
DHB wrote:
<quoted text>
While most of the electives are worthless, the new principals are treating the high school as if it were an elementary school. The kids cannot get into the school until 7:40...you know many kids were there early printing off homework, etc ? Most did not have printers or even computers at home. You know how many kids parents have to leave for work by 7:00-7:15 ? Don't give me the safety crap.....I pay taxes in a AAA school that is open half the weekend and until 9:00 at night with all kinds of programs going on ! Why do we put up with a school that that is never open and is seldom ever part of the community ? You are going to be paying enough for it.
Dumbest post of the entire thread. So the school buildings should be open 24-hours a day & the teenagers should hang out there unattended? Brilliant! There would be no risk to the school district for doing that- hahahahaha! I mean, how early do you think they should open? So you have to leave for work at 7:00... Tell your little Princess to get her ass on the bus like everyone else. Find something legitimate to bitch about if you feel the need to complain.
wonderful we are so proud

New York, NY

#62 Sep 5, 2013
temple grandin wrote:
<quoted text>
Born and raised in Ilion and current CVCSD school tax payer. Merely posting on an 'out of town' thread - as you apparently are doing.
If that's true you're a bigger assholl than you've been letting on. With a half a brain you must know our track record. Although districts are only allowed to have so much in reserve our system from Fusco on up has always had a bit extra up their sleeve. We've had money when no one else has. If we hadn't merged we won't have made cuts this year. At this time, although not exactly on paper, our reserves are to the max.

Bank on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The quitter 26 min dumbass 5
Carpenter, over 400 unprosecuted DWI's...... 1 hr DWIDanger 31
rob and chris (Mar '13) 11 hr harold 3
Herkimer School District (Jun '15) 13 hr bye bye 39
paul simon sounds like siht and his lib pukes 13 hr Trump 1
Carpenter Signs on Right of Ways and Abandoned ... 14 hr .... 9
Its Campaign Season, Friendly, Fake ,Phony. Jef... 14 hr to Roper 16

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance