Costmore And Long backtrack on Merger Promises

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
WOWSA

Little Falls, NY

#1 Aug 27, 2013
Read the Telegram. CVS Hasn't started the first year as a merged district and they are fiscally strained. Wasn't the merge suppose to solve this problem. Wasn't it supposed to reduce taxes? Mr Long? How many current Educators received pay increases this year?
RIT reading is tough

Stephentown, NY

#2 Aug 27, 2013
If you're talking about the Telegrams article dated the Aug.26 "Central Valley hiring as school year nears" you're clueless.

Tangorra said the district is fiscally strained because of being a low-wealth district. We are all strained. Revenues haven't changed. Except for the 700k+ Ilion/Mohawk can subtract from the bottom line as a result of merging. Also while we are all strained CVS has millions to play with while we all tho find a solution.

Taxes...Ilion's taxes are actually lower than expected and Mohawk's taxes have been reduced.

As for teachers and pay increases, they are still under contract. No one got shht.
MIT

Liverpool, NY

#3 Aug 27, 2013
your really a big kook get out of here, you big dope. you have NO clue you socialist prick
RIT reading is tough

Stephentown, NY

#4 Aug 27, 2013
Almost forgot, Ilion/Mohawk closed Remington School and are now renting it to BOCES.
Hi honey im back

Stephentown, NY

#5 Aug 27, 2013
MIT wrote:
your really a big kook get out of here, you big dope. you have NO clue you socialist prick
I'm sure Mr. Long would like me to explain where the district picks up $725k simply for merging.

The additional $725k we now realize is from Mohawk's debt being added at Ilion's more favorable bldg aid ratio.

Isn't that great,$725k plus what BOCES is paying us to lease Remington, on top of the State aid.
Funny

Little Falls, NY

#6 Aug 27, 2013
RIT reading is tough wrote:
If you're talking about the Telegrams article dated the Aug.26 "Central Valley hiring as school year nears" you're clueless.
Tangorra said the district is fiscally strained because of being a low-wealth district. We are all strained. Revenues haven't changed. Except for the 700k+ Ilion/Mohawk can subtract from the bottom line as a result of merging. Also while we are all strained CVS has millions to play with while we all tho find a solution.
Taxes...Ilion's taxes are actually lower than expected and Mohawk's taxes have been reduced.
As for teachers and pay increases, they are still under contract. No one got shht.
Funny they never mentioned the district would be straining for funds at the Public forms they held. As for the BUZZ WORDS you fck'tards keep using " New Opportunities"* what opportunities? You're broke and strained..... try a laxative Mr I missed my payday.

* Taught by the same failing Fck'tards who got us here
Another idiot

Stephentown, NY

#7 Aug 27, 2013
Funny wrote:
<quoted text> Funny they never mentioned the district would be straining for funds at the Public forms they held. As for the BUZZ WORDS you fck'tards keep using " New Opportunities"* what opportunities? You're broke and strained..... try a laxative Mr I missed my payday.
* Taught by the same failing Fck'tards who got us here
Nowhere, did you read Central Valley is straining for funds. Nowhere, did you read Central Valley is broke and strained.

You read the district is fiscally strained because of being a low-wealth district, as all the valley districts are. Nothing has changed, you didn't discover something.

However some things have changed with the merger...
Ilion/Mohawk has increased their revenue by closing Remington School and now renting it to BOCES.

Ilion/Mohawk receive an additional $725k from Mohawk's debt being added at Ilion's more favorable bldg aid ratio.

Ilion/Mohawk get millions in additional state aid for merging.

Opportunities... programs offered by one school and not the other, are now offered to both.
Ilion's taxes are LOWER than expected and Mohawks taxes have been LOWERED.

Have I missed anything? Oh yeah...Herkimer & Frankfort taxes increased and they made program cuts.
MIT

Liverpool, NY

#8 Aug 27, 2013
suk the big one lenox boy
forked tongue

New York, NY

#9 Aug 27, 2013
Another idiot wrote:
<quoted text>

Opportunities... programs offered by one school and not the other, are now offered to both.
It sounds so impressive when you say it that way. lol
u b hatin worse nxt yr

Stephentown, NY

#10 Aug 27, 2013
forked tongue wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds so impressive when you say it that way. lol
Hey how about this way...

When the 4 school merger was proposed some 3yrs ago it was explained, programs offered by one school and not the others would be offered to all, once merged. An undeniable plus. It was explained, after the first year the newly elected BOE would look at student interest and needs. At that point the BOE would decide what courses to keep and what courses they might add.
The "same" was explained in the 3 school merger proposal and explained "again" for you learning impaired in the 2 school merger proposal.
Question...was your raised taxes and program cuts your proposed educational opportunities? If it was then Ilion's LOWER and Mohawks LOWERED taxes and additional course options is ours.

How is that sweetie, better?
a hint

Stephentown, NY

#11 Aug 27, 2013
You can't bring Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail to a fun fight.
Really

Little Falls, NY

#12 Aug 28, 2013
Another idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere, did you read Central Valley is straining for funds. Nowhere, did you read Central Valley is broke and strained.
You read the district is fiscally strained because of being a low-wealth district, as all the valley districts are. Nothing has changed, you didn't discover something.
However some things have changed with the merger...
Ilion/Mohawk has increased their revenue by closing Remington School and now renting it to BOCES.
Ilion/Mohawk receive an additional $725k from Mohawk's debt being added at Ilion's more favorable bldg aid ratio.
Ilion/Mohawk get millions in additional state aid for merging.
Opportunities... programs offered by one school and not the other, are now offered to both.
Ilion's taxes are LOWER than expected and Mohawks taxes have been LOWERED.
Have I missed anything? Oh yeah...Herkimer & Frankfort taxes increased and they made program cuts.
" Low Wealth District " A new "BUZZ PHRASE" Potatoe / PA TA TOE . Everyone is in a low wealth state accept the Union Employees and over paid administrators. Thanks to the Unions.
cvs bus problems

Liverpool, NY

#13 Aug 29, 2013
Superintendent Cosimo Tangorra said he understands parentsí concerns, but said he has advised district employees that if callers are belligerent, loud or rude, they should advise them to call back when they can speak rationally and hang up the phone. Thanks cockmo

Read more: http://www.herkimertelegram.com/article/20130...
DHB

Herkimer, NY

#14 Aug 29, 2013
cvs bus problems wrote:
Superintendent Cosimo Tangorra said he understands parentsí concerns, but said he has advised district employees that if callers are belligerent, loud or rude, they should advise them to call back when they can speak rationally and hang up the phone. Thanks cockmo
Read more: http://www.herkimertelegram.com/article/20130...
Couldn't agree more.....
New Programs

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Aug 29, 2013
The district is offering new programs this year, and expanding on existing programs Mohawk and Herkimer didn't have; excuse me, Herkimer STILL doesn't have!
you got it

New York, NY

#16 Aug 29, 2013
cvs bus problems wrote:
Superintendent Cosimo Tangorra said he understands parentsí concerns, but said he has advised district employees that if callers are belligerent, loud or rude, they should advise them to call back when they can speak rationally and hang up the phone. Thanks cockmo
Read more: http://www.herkimertelegram.com/article/20130...
No problem sweet-heart.
bfd who the fk are you

New York, NY

#17 Aug 29, 2013
cvs bus problems wrote:
Superintendent Cosimo Tangorra said he understands parentsí concerns, but said he has advised district employees that if callers are belligerent, loud or rude, they should advise them to call back when they can speak rationally and hang up the phone. Thanks cockmo
Read more: http://www.herkimertelegram.com/article/20130...
If you have a concern, a question or a possible solution you should call. If you can't express yourself with an education level above a Herkimer drop-out don't bother calling.

I couldn't agree more.
Really

United States

#18 Aug 30, 2013
Give Herkimer's guidance department a call and find out about all the new electives they did in fact add. Also ask about the college now courses they do in fact offer! Once again the sky didn't fall on Herkimer and there is opportunities. Thank you.
Agree

Springfield, MA

#20 Aug 31, 2013
I live in the Herkimer district and have a kid in the high school. He is still receiving a lot of options for electives so I really don't see a problem there. My problem is the new principal. I thought the last one sucked now we are left with a cold hearted woman whom could care less about our kids! How great for us. Just can't win can we, any of us!
Unreal

Little Falls, NY

#21 Aug 31, 2013
bfd who the fk are you wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a concern, a question or a possible solution you should call. If you can't express yourself with an education level above a Herkimer drop-out don't bother calling.
I couldn't agree more.
As if Ilion's Drop out rate is lower than Herkimer's LMAO. The only reason Ilion's drop out rate would decrease is because of Mohawk Students raising the graduation rate and lowering the teenage pregnancy rate.Keep up the good work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a man. 3 hr Want some 3
It's Been 6 Months and What has the Fatty Mayor... 15 hr Plan Z 2
What did Ex-Ilion investigator PAUL ROSE reciev... 15 hr cry 2
Herkimer to be annexed in 3 years? Sat Lark Lancer 88
Pure Fri sophia 4
Shear Pleasures Dec 19 joke 31
Larry Dack comes out of the closet!!!! Dec 19 Hahahahahahahahaha 4
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Herkimer News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Herkimer

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:08 pm PST