Interesting facts about the Merger vote
ChickenLittle

Little Falls, NY

#24 Aug 18, 2013
The sky didn't fall..and the sun came up. Anymore doom and gloom you like to perpetrate?
funny

Stephentown, NY

#25 Aug 18, 2013
ChickenLittle wrote:
The sky didn't fall..and the sun came up. Anymore doom and gloom you like to perpetrate?
The sky is falling buddy and it started years ago. What do you plan to cut next year??? You will have cuts and when you make those cut start thinking the next years cuts.

I'll pull this page up again next year just for fun.
funny

Stephentown, NY

#26 Aug 18, 2013
Hey tell us how that meeting between the no-voters and the superintendent went after the merger vote.

I was there, it was quite funny to see the look on the faces of those dumbfks when they realized what they didn't know.

You'll catch on.
ChickenLittle

Little Falls, NY

#27 Aug 18, 2013
I know what I'm going to do. I suggest you take those clip on balls out of your wife's purses and suck it up like a real man. So quit your whining and go have a nice hot cup of STFU.
Psych 101

Stephentown, NY

#28 Aug 18, 2013
Watching you losers slowly fall apart and in denial
is a riot.

too fkin dumb for words
DHB

Herkimer, NY

#29 Aug 18, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>How does the Education get better with all the same Employees?
You move the current teachers to appropriate classes and hire new ones. Central Valley already has. You have the ability to address poor regents and test score performance areas by replacing ineffective ones or improperly placed ones with other teachers. Now, when you have poor regents performance on a subject, and Herkimer performs POORLY on several, you have no one to replace that teacher with, not to mention it may not be their specialty in the first place. There just does not happen to be anyone else.

On that same topic, there are many companies that perform well when the structure changes and the employees don't. Does Apple ring a bell ? Facebook ?
ChickenLittle

Little Falls, NY

#30 Aug 19, 2013
Psych 101 wrote:
Watching you losers slowly fall apart and in denial
is a riot.
too fkin dumb for words
Clearly. Because you keep using the same two words of your ten word vocabulary. What's the matter? Your payday didn't come in? Were you the cut teacher? Maybe you're the cut teacher's nutty girlfriend. Such an angry lil elf. So much anger and so few words to express yourself. Have you tried screaming into a pillow?
Chickendenial

Stephentown, NY

#31 Aug 19, 2013
ChickenLittle wrote:
<quoted text> Clearly. Because you keep using the same two words of your ten word vocabulary. What's the matter? Your payday didn't come in? Were you the cut teacher? Maybe you're the cut teacher's nutty girlfriend. Such an angry lil elf. So much anger and so few words to express yourself. Have you tried screaming into a pillow?
This is entertainment...
Your entire town is entertainment...from your taxes, village board, nation grid, Main St. and school system.

I'm on the outside looking in. It's like going to the zoo. No anger involved, I'm simply shaking my head with a smile. You guy are the best.

Put the Legislature in charge of the whole village before it's too late.
Too Late

Kirkville, NY

#33 Aug 19, 2013
It's already too late. I only wish the yes voters would make up for the cuts and the increase in taxes that I'll have to pay.

Yes voters, please keep track of all the improvements in the education of the kids, in the regents scores, etc. Please keep track of all the proposed 'promises' and let us know which actually come to fruition.
lets begin

Stephentown, NY

#34 Aug 19, 2013
Too Late wrote:
It's already too late. I only wish the yes voters would make up for the cuts and the increase in taxes that I'll have to pay.
Yes voters, please keep track of all the improvements in the education of the kids, in the regents scores, etc. Please keep track of all the proposed 'promises' and let us know which actually come to fruition.
No cuts in program this year.

No cuts in staffing this year.

Mohawks taxes decreased.

Combined classes so both schools benefit.

Millions from the state.

We'll let you know when our test scores increase, you do the same.
TaxesTaxes

Little Falls, NY

#35 Aug 19, 2013
If the Herkimer bastard BOE were serious about reducing taxes.Why on earth would the school district take on the additional expense of Basloe Library. It was a village problem and the BOE made it a school district problem. They decided it was time to get those East Herkimer folks for voting NO. Further increasing your taxes.If they were serious about reducing taxes, why did they buy a new bus? Further increasing taxes. When the NO voters suggested out sourcing the busing they were chastised. Costmore just outsourced all of the newly formed districts busing.Now he's a hero. So did Cos take the no voter advice or is he wrong too? BOE keeps taking about having no money yet they continue to spend. I think a great way to offset these new increases is to reduce retirees health benefits. Once again the BOE is the problem not the new super.Contract and Mandates are two different things, Contract are Negociated by the BOE. Mandates are forced. Once again the BOE is the responsible party. Regarding teachers contracts. When the BOE consists of under achievers. It's not so hard to see why our children continue to suffer. The dysfunction is systemic and will continue to be, unless we vote these knuckle heads off.
wow

Stephentown, NY

#36 Aug 19, 2013
The meeting between the no-voters and the superintendent after the merger vote was quite funny. The look on their faces when they realized what they didn't know.

Out sourcing the busing...what? Bus runs were as outlined 4yrs ago in the merger study.

No-voters get no credit for a reason and I saw in that meeting why.
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

#37 Aug 19, 2013
You must be either retired or retarded. Either way you have too much time on your hands. Grumpy POS.
DHB

Herkimer, NY

#38 Aug 24, 2013
TaxesTaxes wrote:
If the Herkimer bastard BOE were serious about reducing taxes.Why on earth would the school district take on the additional expense of Basloe Library. It was a village problem and the BOE made it a school district problem. They decided it was time to get those East Herkimer folks for voting NO. Further increasing your taxes.If they were serious about reducing taxes, why did they buy a new bus? Further increasing taxes. When the NO voters suggested out sourcing the busing they were chastised. Costmore just outsourced all of the newly formed districts busing.Now he's a hero. So did Cos take the no voter advice or is he wrong too? BOE keeps taking about having no money yet they continue to spend. I think a great way to offset these new increases is to reduce retirees health benefits. Once again the BOE is the problem not the new super.Contract and Mandates are two different things, Contract are Negociated by the BOE. Mandates are forced. Once again the BOE is the responsible party. Regarding teachers contracts. When the BOE consists of under achievers. It's not so hard to see why our children continue to suffer. The dysfunction is systemic and will continue to be, unless we vote these knuckle heads off.
Dude....your taxes are not going down.
Big M Shopper

Herkimer, NY

#39 Aug 28, 2013
Voter wrote:
1) When the straw vote was done: No lines No waiting very fast.
2) October 18 vote we experience approx 500 more voters why the big crazy lines. 62 voters per hour more than the initial vote. 500 People over 8 hours created the voting nightmare? Makes you wonder if the number were cooked in the straw vote.
3) 97% of the New Vote voted 'NO"
4) Only 3% of the new vote was yes. Seems extremely disproportionate.
5) Comso made promises to teachers they would get raises when we became a "A" school
6) Cosmo himself would gain the largest pay raise in the district.
7) The taxpayers were going to have a tax hike no matter what. Essentially no tax savings as they promised.
Now....after knowing this. Why would any right thinking person vote for this merge, when it most certainly APPEARED to be the biggest scam perpetrated on the tax payers of the Mohawk Valley. The most outrage about the 'NO" vote is coming from the very ones who stood to gain the most. Keep spinning the story about losing sports and how this was about the kids. The people of Herkimer knew something wasn't right and they voted accordingly. The burden to prove what was right or wrong is not on the "NO" voter. It's upon the BOE. What was the n plan if the Merger was voted down? Was that ever discussed? What ideas were floated in the event of? It's always the same old story with BEO and Administration. Cut Sports and fire teachers. Because these are hot button issues with the voter and you guys know it. I'll bet it was even discussed in private to use these issues because they are more effective. Same old tactics. Frighten the voters, frighten the elderly. The "NO" people are not to blame. They should be commended for standing up and challenging this Merge. Exercising their RIGHTS, guaranteed by that little document we call the CONSTITUTION. Heaven forbid they dared to disagree with the plan Cosmo created. Perhaps if Cosmo and various other officials weren't so ambiguous and evasive when answering hard questions at the public meetings things may have gone better when the final vote was tallied. The people spoke on OCT 18th. All we hear now is what kinds of spiteful Un-Christian things you are planning for the voters of Herkimer. Real professional..........
It's really quite ridiculous that anyone living in Herkimer would vote against the merger, but many of you did, dummies that you are.

I hope that you realize that your children will be going to school at Proctor sooner or later. The Valley is wasting away, and your insistence re: defending your little bit of turf is way beyond stupid.

If the four municipalities involved had had the collective IQ of >60 required to make an intelligent decision, things would have been different.

But, as far as you morons who voted against having a viable school down here, just go ahead and and eat your just desserts.
Interesting

Little Falls, NY

#40 Sep 1, 2013
Chickendenial wrote:
<quoted text>
This is entertainment...
Your entire town is entertainment...from your taxes, village board, nation grid, Main St. and school system.
I'm on the outside looking in. It's like going to the zoo. No anger involved, I'm simply shaking my head with a smile. You guy are the best.
Put the Legislature in charge of the whole village before it's too late.
You were on the outside looking in? Yet you attended a meeting that had no effect you. Why do you persist?
well

Stephentown, NY

#41 Sep 2, 2013
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>You were on the outside looking in? Yet you attended a meeting that had no effect you. Why do you persist?
That's what reporters do.

Nomally I try to be objective. But I found the opposition in this fight to be self-serving or simply blissfully uninformed.
Howaboutnow

Stephentown, NY

#42 Nov 19, 2014
ChickenLittle wrote:
Is the sky falling now bitch?
I hope little johnny or Susie have to attend CVA or Loser Fall their senior year.
Howaboutnow

Stephentown, NY

#43 Nov 25, 2014
Hey Chickenmoron.
herk

Locke, NY

#44 Nov 25, 2014
When. remington finally closes it will affect the whole area the whole economy and whole tax base as most small business will close most lower income families will move out there will be a abundance of empty rentals and housing esp in the ilion area...the already non existant economy in ilion will turn the town into a ghost town....the whole valley will be affected..but herkimer will struggle but remain the strongest in the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Herkimer County Sheriff Debate 2 hr RUSerious 39
don manley 2 hr Vikki 10
highway men motorcycle club 9 hr big deal 18
tim zaleski's regents scores (Jul '11) 10 hr dread pirate roberts 32
My first time at Otto's Diner Sun iknowit 11
Mysteries of the universe with busy mom (May '13) Aug 27 busy mom 93
DA and judge get ready Aug 27 GoodOlBoys 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Herkimer Mortgages