Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
16,881 - 16,900 of 22,181 Comments Last updated 14 hrs ago

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Texas surpasses California in GDP for first time ever. Won't be the last time. Where is Forand now?
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

I suppose they feel that they will have all the money and plenty of slave labor by then. When the reveloution comes they will think BUT THIS CAN'T HAPPEN HERE. That's what the King of France thought right up until he lost his head. I pray that won't happen here in America, but it can.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Texan. This is me. Come on. It's not that bad. Especially for Texas Got to keep your head up. Already there is labor unrest in China. They want higher wages and better working conditions. Things change. Times change. We can only keep going, and try to remain true to the things that we believe in.
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

test
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Texas surpasses California in GDP for first time ever. Won't be the last time. Where is Forand now?
Maybe Burnt Rearend is tired of having his butt kicked by the "low information voters" on this thread. LOL
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Texan. This is me. Come on. It's not that bad. Especially for Texas Got to keep your head up. Already there is labor unrest in China. They want higher wages and better working conditions. Things change. Times change. We can only keep going, and try to remain true to the things that we believe in.
I would like to be optimistic, but I can't be. There are too many deliberate things being done to destroy the value of U.S. currency.
All because a few sociopaths have some wet dream about a one world government.
department of fisgon

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Since I'm such a loser can I lose my nutts deep in yore ass. Suck it suck it suckit
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

department of fisgon wrote:
Since I'm such a loser can I lose my nutts deep in yore ass. Suck it suck it suckit
Sounds like you are a frequent graduate of the Dept. Of Corrections.
You also must be a low IQ sub-human crapsack that lives off of the
gubmint because you're too stupid to learn any job skills.

Do the world a favor and go hang yourself.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

I agree waco, but that is the mindset of too many of the CEOs out there, a company making record profits, getting new contracts, and on a rapid upswing; they lie and want to take away from the employees who make it all possible. Drive a company to bankruptsy then get a multi-million dollar bonus when they leave?????????? Not only that but what does the company have to sell without the guy who builds it? Which would you rather intrust your life to a product built by a skilled craftsman, or one built by an unskilled laborer working and living in poverty? Like I said they don't believe it can happen here BUT IT CAN.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

The Fed is raising interest rates. Odd timing. This will destroy the false recovery, ruining the economy right about time for the 2014 off year elections. Too bad for the democrats.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

If anything The Fed, or any other government agency ever does makes any sense at all it would surprise everyone. Too bad for all of us, but they do not care.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Whites don't dominate or own the corporations, either.
Jews own and dominate them.
The corporations control the people and,Jews control the corporations.
Lots of blacks are poor and, more whites are poor. This is something I just read - the poor are usually described as black. But, 5s7% of America's poor are white. Everyone thinks black, when they think poor. Someone is getting off free, not paying for social services to help the poor. How are they doing it?
By saying that poverty is a racial issue.
No one wants to end poverty, if it is seen as a black thing.
So you're saying that Jews are not White and that they are the main reason for our current economic mess?
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

He's just an anti semitic, racist. And it's trash like him that give us all a bad name.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Israel is our only ally in the Mideast. We are responsible for our own economic mess.
obvious

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Hm
Vote

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Vote
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Your GDP of Texas illuminates the growing disparity between the elite and its labor force. It can be manipulated for political rationales. At best it is a simple rule of thumb. One would have to have all the variables , that were used and not used to achieve their GDP. Texas borrowed $6 Billion from Obama and increased its minimum wage earners. To put it in a nut shell.
First, free time, or leisure is not included in GDP analysis. While someone may be happier only working four days a week, that additional day off will reduce the GDP number. While this makes sense because GDP is the measure of the total value of output, it shows us why using GDP as a measure of well-being or happiness doesn’t make sense. It is possible to have a very industrious country have a very high GDP, but all of its people could be overworked and sick which would translate to a poor well-being measure.
Next, GDP measures total production for a nation, and GDP per capita gives us an average amount of output per person, but it never tells us how GDP is divided among its residents. Think of a corrupt nation, maybe the leaders of the government keep all of the money generated from production, and allow their citizens to live in slums. Well-being could be very low even though GDP is high, because the majority of the products from that nation go to the elite.
Third, some services and products included in the GDP measure actually lower our well-being. Imagine expenditures on the military, police, security and services for drug addiction and lawsuits. Just because these services are being purchased, doesn’t mean that they improve our well-being.
Finally, GDP doesn’t take into account negative effects on the environment or other externalities. When we produce goods and services, we use resources from the earth, and sometimes we pollute the air, water, and soil as well. When trash goes into a landfill, this affects GDP positively because a service was purchased. When oil is taken out of the ground, this counts positively towards GDP, but nowhere in this measure is it taken into account that the oil is now gone, and can never be used again.
Where have I been? Good to see you guys miss me. Have been aiding a fellow human being to T.L.C. their home. This will take up some more of my time as this is a higher priority.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to be optimistic, but I can't be. There are too many deliberate things being done to destroy the value of U.S. currency.
All because a few sociopaths have some wet dream about a one world government.
Lower the currency the greater the demand for EXPORTS! Reductions in outsourcing profitability.
One world government is not any sociopaths’ dream? Has nothing to do with that end of the spectrum. More to do with Liberal International Freed Markets. Consider the defeat of orthodox communism, with out violence. Berliners were singing “As The Walls Come Tumbling Down”.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Missed you???????? Well I suppose it could happen; I had hemroids once, and when I got rid of them I did miss them for a couple of days. So just get back to your higher priority and we will all do just fine without your same old blah blah blah bullshit.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Here is one small example of how GDP was translated during WW II.
Basically production of consumption goods shifted to production of military goods, however people were still paid for their labor. Because they had less products to spend their money on, money was saved during this time period by everybody supporting the war effort. After the war ended, there was a lot of idle capital (machines, factories, etc.) left from the war effort. This idle capital was then used to create consumer goods, and since people had money saved from their efforts during the war, they had money to spend. This encouraged GDP to grow after the transitions were made.
The difference between nominal GDP and real GDP is that nominal GDP is calculated using current values of the final goods and services while real GDP is calculated by designating a base year, and using prices from this base year to calculate the value of the final goods and services. This difference allows us to account for inflation. For example, if inflation is 3% per year, we would expect nominal GDP to rise 3% per year even if real GDP didn’t increase at all. One drawback of using real GDP is that prices may rise at different rates relative to each other. For example, the price of food may rise, but the price of computers will go down. The further we are from the base year, the worse this measurement problem becomes.
Texas’s exploitation of variables give them the illusion of success while all the while they are spiraling further into inequality of labors’ productivity. Consider the backward income tax system they employ. Less the income the greater the tax? Greater income less tax as a ratio of productivity. Not to mention the decline in Health benefits; such as the termination of Planned Parenthood. Education returns to the back alleys and superstitious teachings.
Once again Texas lays in the shadows of California and will remain so until they actually have responsible government elected.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Hereford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Hereford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hereford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hereford