Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
15,921 - 15,940 of 22,285 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
ftgdr cc

Dallas, TX

#17407 Apr 25, 2013
.........ijuhy ggg. ....
s wha

Higginsville, MO

#17408 Apr 25, 2013
cold here
s wha

Higginsville, MO

#17409 Apr 25, 2013
what u doing
s wha

United States

#17410 Apr 25, 2013
oh no

“Hong Kong Phooey”

Since: Nov 12

So Far Out of this World

#17411 Apr 25, 2013
Hey! Hey! Hey!

Theres an old voice in my head thats holding me back..
Well tell her that I miss our little talks....
Soon it will all be over and buried with our past....
We used to play outside when we were young and full of life and full of love..........
Some days I feel like Im wrong when I am right...
Your mind is playing tricks on you my dear....

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#17413 Apr 26, 2013
orward this to NY governor Cuomo:

This article basically confirms what we all knew.

More Guns Equal Less Violent Crime
by Professor John R. Lott, Jr.
University of Chicago Law School
1111 East 60th Street, Chicago IL 60637

For the Democratic Party the solution to violent crime is clear - more regulation of guns. What is their net effect? Are more lives lost or saved? Do they deter crime or encourage it? I recently completed a study of one type of gun control law-laws on concealed handguns, also known as "shall-issue" laws. Thirty-one states give their citizens the right to carry concealed handguns if they do not have a criminal record or a history of significant mental illness.The FBI's crime statistics for all 3,054 American counties from 1977 to 1992. Our findings are dramatic. Our most conservative estimates show that by adopting shall-issue laws, states reduced murders by 8.5%, rapes by 5%, aggravated assaults by 7% and robbery by 3%. If those states that did not permit concealed handguns in 1992 had permitted them back then, citizens might have been spared approximately 1,570 murders, 4,177 rapes, 60,000 aggravated assaults and 12,000 robberies.
The benefit of concealed handguns are not limited to just those who carry them or use them in self-defense. The very fact that these weapons are concealed keeps criminals uncertain as to whether a potential victim will be able to defend himself with lethal force. The possibility that anyone might be carrying a gun makes attacking everyone less attractive; unarmed citizens in effect "free-ride" on their pistol packing fellows.
Our study also provided some surprising information. While support for strict gun-control laws usually has been strongest in large cities, where crime rates are highest, that's precisely where right-to-carry laws have produced the largest drops in violent crimes. For example, in counties with populations of more than 200,000 people, concealed handgun laws produced an average drop in murder rates of more than 13%. The half of the counties with the highest rape rates saw that crime drop by more than 7%.
Concealed handguns also appear to help women more than men. Murder rates decline when either sex carries more guns, but the effect is especially pronounced when women are considered separately. An additional woman carrying a concealed handgun reduces the murder rate for women by about three to four times more than an additional armed man reduces the murder rate for men. Allowing a woman to defend herself with a concealed handgun makes a larger difference in her ability to defend herself. Guns are the great equalizer between the weak and the vicious. Our study is the first to provide direct empirical evidence of the Brady Law's effect on crime rates and we found just the opposite result: The law's implementation is associated with more aggravated assaults and rapes. Mrs. Brady's exaggerated estimates of the number of felons denied access to guns are a poor measure of the law's impact on crime rates.
We also collected data on whether owners of concealed handguns are more likely to use them in committing violent crimes. The rarity of these incidents is reflected in Florida's statistics: More than 300,000 concealed- handgun licenses were issued between October 1, 1987 and December 31, 1945, but only five violent crimes involving permitted pistols were committed in this period. And none of these resulted in fatalities. That's of 1% misuse rate for permitted pistols in an eight year period or LESS than 1/1000 of 1% misuse rate per year.

And what about accidental deaths? The number of accidental handgun deaths each year is fewer than 200. Our estimates imply that if the states without "shall issue" laws were to adopt them, the increase in accidental handgun deaths would be at most nine more deaths per year. This is small indeed when compared to the at least 1,570 murders that would be avoided.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#17414 Apr 26, 2013
Excellent! Not to mention that the course you take aids in the reduction of accidents.
BIG JOHN

North Richland Hills, TX

#17415 Apr 26, 2013
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't blame this on Russians. Those bombers were Checx Muslims who had immigrated to Russia. They were Muslims.
White Russians are still good.

Thats what i had thought.
BIG JOHN

North Richland Hills, TX

#17416 Apr 26, 2013
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, she's more messed up than I will ever be, John.

She defently is and there is not a day that goes by that i don,t hear nothing about her. Oddly i had a odd dream that she came up to my door wanting money! CRAZY DREAM.
BIG JOHN

North Richland Hills, TX

#17417 Apr 26, 2013
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
At least, I'll go home to my own white neighborhood and not try to tell other neighborhoods how to act.

If only walmarts was a white place! Gessh its crowded with allians of all kinds. Just the way those people stair makes me think they hate whites only.
BIG JOHN

North Richland Hills, TX

#17418 Apr 26, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Waco. I once spent some “time” in Jacksonville and New Bern North Carolina out by Moorhead beach. for a couple of years. Nothing like the Carolinas in the Morning. Two seasons. 6 months brown and 6 green. You will enjoy it. Went by there a couple of years ago and what a change from the 70’s.. Tex you like that?“Time”

Too many drug problems there barney. I set here and wonder when your going to leave this forum. Correct me if i,am wrong but you live in florida right???
crazy

Fort Worth, TX

#17419 Apr 26, 2013
BIG JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many drug problems there barney. I set here and wonder when your going to leave this forum. Correct me if i,am wrong but you live in florida right???
kinda crazy to focus on some thing so much don't you think ?
but then again we all have our reasons for doing things
crazy

Fort Worth, TX

#17420 Apr 26, 2013
Texan wrote:
Anyone who comes here illegaly should be deported, and it shouldn't make one iota of difference where they come from, or the color of their skin. If they are here illegaly they have broken the law, and that makes them a criminal. The reason they broke the law does not matter. If they will break one law they WILL break another. Deport all illegals and DO IT NOW!
ok but odds are you will be packing too . if we went by that rule the native american would have the wright to deport us all back to wear we come from and just because there are so many of us hear who said we had the wright to this land any ways our ancestor's did the same as them
crazy

Fort Worth, TX

#17421 Apr 26, 2013
Texan wrote:
Anyone who comes here illegaly should be deported, and it shouldn't make one iota of difference where they come from, or the color of their skin. If they are here illegaly they have broken the law, and that makes them a criminal. The reason they broke the law does not matter. If they will break one law they WILL break another. Deport all illegals and DO IT NOW!
is that only thing you no how to say ?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#17423 Apr 27, 2013
crazy wrote:
<quoted text> ok but odds are you will be packing too . if we went by that rule the native american would have the wright to deport us all back to wear we come from and just because there are so many of us hear who said we had the wright to this land any ways our ancestor's did the same as them
The Native Americans didn't have deportation laws and still don't. The Federal government in DC is the ruling body, so get over it. Go back to school and lurn sum inglish.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#17424 Apr 27, 2013
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound stupid. In trying so hard to dance with words, you appear to have 3 left feet.
Burnt Rearend actually has the mind of a steel trap. Too bad it was rusted shut at birth.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#17425 Apr 28, 2013
BIG JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
She defently is and there is not a day that goes by that i don,t hear nothing about her. Oddly i had a odd dream that she came up to my door wanting money! CRAZY DREAM.
Lol, John. Does Lindsay give you wet dreams?

Location hidden

#17426 Apr 28, 2013
BIG JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
If only walmarts was a white place! Gessh its crowded with allians of all kinds. Just the way those people stair makes me think they hate whites only.
I try to never go to walmart. The diversity is sickening. I only go there when i NEED A NEW WATCH BATTERY, they replace it for free.

Whites should all go to rural small towns. Leave cities to competing minorities, get away from them.

Globalists want to usher all into cities, to control them. Let darkies be controlled. I'm mnoving to the country.

Location hidden

#17427 Apr 28, 2013
crazy wrote:
<quoted text> ok but odds are you will be packing too . if we went by that rule the native american would have the wright to deport us all back to wear we come from and just because there are so many of us hear who said we had the wright to this land any ways our ancestor's did the same as them
Indians are not native to America. They immigrated from Asia, killing the true natives of America ... the Vikings.
Natives can't tell me anything, except "Shhh. don't tell them we killed the first people and lied about being here first".
Natives are liars and they do not walk on water.

Location hidden

#17428 Apr 28, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Native Americans didn't have deportation laws and still don't. The Federal government in DC is the ruling body, so get over it. Go back to school and lurn sum inglish.
Well, that's funny. The Indians kicked all black Indias off the reservations. Isn't that a form of deportation?

just because I tell the truth and you don't like it, does not mean I need to go to school.

Maybe it's retards like you who need school, since you deny truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hereford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 1 hr Wow Wee 524
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Defiant1 17,876
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 1 hr That Fart Guy 722
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Thu Gasman 663
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Gasman 766
•••
•••
Hereford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hereford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hereford People Search