Tornado Victims Frustrated as they Wa...

Tornado Victims Frustrated as they Wait for Federal Help

There are 1 comment on the ArkansasMatters story from May 17, 2008, titled Tornado Victims Frustrated as they Wait for Federal Help. In it, ArkansasMatters reports that:

“I know there's damage everywhere, you know? I figure i'll wait my turn, see what happens. That's about all I can do”

Frustrated tornado victims in Hensley wonder when federal help from FEMA will arrive. via ArkansasMatters

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArkansasMatters.

Shreveport, LA

#1 May 19, 2008
I do not understand why our government,it seems, is always ready to act quickly when there is need outside the US from storms or other needs , but it takes weeks or months or longer for response to our, within the US, needs. There are people homeless in the Hensley area and still no word from FEMA. The state and county representatives have been around, but must wait for FEMA to respond. According to the Governor's office last week, per a phone call, FEMA was to announce today. I haven't seen anything or heard anything announced today. At a Hensley community help station, they have given out phone numbers to obtain information, but, when called you are referred to someone else and on and on. There are older residents in need of financial help, under insured persons, that need help to replace their homes and get back to living their lives. Someone of authority should take charge of FEMA, a department that is totally not organized to be prepared for these storms or other emergencies here in the US for american citizens. I think FEMA should announce that they are or that they are not going to help these people so the state and county can step in and help these people who are displaced from their homes. They at least need some hope, some news. It is inhumane to keep american people, especially old people, feeling hopeless that they will not be going home anytime soon. Lets get a plan people!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hensley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Your Choice 2016: A voter's guide to this year'... Oct 20 Do Not Lie 3
News Today in History - March 5 (May '09) Aug '16 Frank Lawrence 11
Review: Quality Care Tree Service (Jun '15) Jun '16 hacksaw 2
News Heartbeat fans back petition to save show (Mar '09) Jun '16 Abc 5
Melanie Mixon or Melanie Farris?? (Oct '15) Apr '16 Curiousity 4
Hogue looking for Ken A Jarrett (Jul '14) Apr '16 Guest 2
Looking for kenny a jarrett (Feb '16) Feb '16 Guest 1

Hensley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance