Tuff Luck if Your Kid is #400

Posted in the Henryville Forum

Anonymous

Winnebago, IL

#1 Jan 8, 2013
400 Scott2 kids failed BOTH IStep Engl&Math!? Where's the public outcry about that? These are our future care givers and leaders. And yet, I hear our elected officials say they don't want a drastic change because of what it will do to Scott 2 employees!? What about my (& your!) kids!?
Why could I be forced to drive them to an out-of-county school in order to get a drastic change in HOW my kids are educated?
The Charter school will bring new ways of teaching (inquiry based!)- reaching the kids who learn hands-on/ interactive style.
The CS can tap into the money that's already been taken out of my paycheck by the gov't that is ONLY for charter schools.(Seems like a great way to bring in more $$ & jobs to Scott.)
Parents & Grandparents of Scottsburg, stop accepting the status quo & welcome another school option to this county. Your kids depend on it!
You said it

Rushville, IN

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Wahrheit12 wrote:
400 Scott2 kids failed BOTH IStep Engl&Math!? Where's the public outcry about that? These are our future care givers and leaders. And yet, I hear our elected officials say they don't want a drastic change because of what it will do to Scott 2 employees!? What about my (& your!) kids!?
Why could I be forced to drive them to an out-of-county school in order to get a drastic change in HOW my kids are educated?
The Charter school will bring new ways of teaching (inquiry based!)- reaching the kids who learn hands-on/ interactive style.
The CS can tap into the money that's already been taken out of my paycheck by the gov't that is ONLY for charter schools.(Seems like a great way to bring in more $$ & jobs to Scott.)
Parents & Grandparents of Scottsburg, stop accepting the status quo & welcome another school option to this county. Your kids depend on it!
And I wonder why it's the teachers faults in your eyes that these 400 kids failed Math or English?? I want to point something out to you that maybe you're not willing to look at, or even consider being true. TEACHERS CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH!!!! PARENTS have to step up in this community, HELP TEACH their kids at home. Go over homework, help with homework, make sure they DID their homework instead of being out running around with their friends. I agree, SCSD2 has some bad teachers, teachers that do not need to be in the school system teaching. But a majority of the teachers, they try hard, they work hard and they get no help from parents at home. Society today is falling apart. I just hope the Chinese take care of us when they take over the world.
to all you dumbasses

Corydon, IN

#3 Jan 14, 2013
Let the kids do their homework instead of doing it for them because its easier. teach them how to do a math problem instead of using a calculator. and most of all, teach them a little respect!
Really

Jeffersonville, IN

#4 Jan 16, 2013
Wahrheit12 wrote:
Hey, this guy knows what he's talking about. I for one am very excited about VIA. Who wouldn't be? I mean, as a taxpayer I will have absolutely no say in who the board members are for this school. That's great. I don't want to be heard. I want to blindly trust people, many of which had no problem backstabbing the school district that originally gave me a job. These are the people that need to teach morales to my children. Where do I sign up?

Once my kid is there, I'm glad the charter school will not provide transportation. Who wants these poor kids mixing with my little Johnny? All the poor kids are helping their parents make meth anyway. Let them homeschool or something. My little Johnny needs to be around other children and I want to interact with other like-minded parents so I can get involved in after school programs like the Hitler Youth League and such.

And who cares if this charter school closes a school. Might close Lexington. So what if that school has been one of the top ranked schools in all of Southern Indiana. They lost their high school years ago, might as well finish the job now.

So, yes, let's all band together to get this school started! With so many leaders either running off or flinging insults to community leaders, what's not to love?
QuietOne

Scottsburg, IN

#5 Jan 17, 2013
to all you dumbasses wrote:
Let the kids do their homework instead of doing it for them because its easier. teach them how to do a math problem instead of using a calculator. and most of all, teach them a little respect!
Yup. I want to know how active all these charter school supporters are in the education of their children. Obviously they aren't at all if they think the charter school will offer anything different...and if they still admire Brent Comer after he made such a fool of himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
word game. a ~2~ z (Mar '14) 44 min 40ish 356
Who re of Scottsburg 6 hr Dunno 1
paul stucker (Mar '10) 9 hr real talk 48
antisocial in Indiana 9 hr KEVIN HENDRIX 1
Jamie Knowles 9 hr KEVIN HENDRIX 5
more kni-gure crime in the county 13 hr KEVIN HENDRIX 2
Looking for Bob & MaryJo Bowling (Mar '13) 21 hr Yomamma 4
Henryville Dating
Find my Match

Henryville Jobs