Downing Henryetta??
Kenny

Tahlequah, OK

#1 Jul 2, 2010
Why is it that everyone on here does nothing but promote hatred towards Henryetta's government? The sales tax is within reason, compared to other city's(not saying I like to pay sales tax) but consider this. Henryetta is still a town where you can go to walmart safely at midnite(not like the city 15 miles north), the council whether you like them or not are mostly long time residents who have a vested interest in what the future is and small groups of locals have organized new events for the city like the 4th of July fireworks display at Nichols Park. I realize the water project that is going on inconveniences people more than they would normally like, but the outcome will be well worth the short term headaches. The city is not laying anyone off in the foreseeable future so that is good. I have inquired into why the water increase was so much and have learned that it has not been increased in 3 years. As with everything else, chemicals and insurance premiums for workers have increased, yet water rates have not. I think maybe a small increase every year may be the answer for water woes.
I think some on here use this forum to do nothing but complain. Henryetta is not perfect but it could be much worse. Some uneducated people use this forum as an outlet for their ignorance. If you do not like the city government then vote in the next city election. Or donate your time and help push what you believe are directions you think the city should be headed in.
Kenny
jack

Okmulgee, OK

#2 Jul 3, 2010
henryetta's lame..u suck
small minded town

Okmulgee, OK

#3 Jul 21, 2010
who can down henryetta anymore its already at the bottom of the barrel.
fmr hen now outlaw

Okmulgee, OK

#4 Jul 28, 2010
small minded town wrote:
who can down henryetta anymore its already at the bottom of the barrel.
i think henryetta should go with the drug problem and just start selling meth snow cones with oxycontin flvoring add alittle sugar and there ya go money to fix all the streets.im kidding OF COURSE.
the one the only

Tahlequah, OK

#5 Aug 14, 2010
fmr hen now outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>i think henryetta should go with the drug problem and just start selling meth snow cones with oxycontin flvoring add alittle sugar and there ya go money to fix all the streets.im kidding OF COURSE.
You might be kidding but it does sound like a good idea. how about you start it off. if they dont bust you then others might join in.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 16, 2010
meth snow cones, he!! yeah. sign me up! those will sell faster than heat and plastic tubing.
Ovvverr

Ringling, OK

#7 Oct 19, 2010
Lol Henryetta is a racist skank town.
Wanderer

United States

#8 Apr 15, 2011
I've been to walmart in okmulgee late at night many times and never felt my safety was an issue. My sister went to henryetta walmart one night not too long ago, before midnight, and was followed around by a crackhead inside...and then while she was loading her car the person was watching her and started running at her. At which point she jumped in her car and left.

The first thing the town needs to do is clean up the drug problem. Then they need to work on cleaning up the town. No matter which way you enter town your first impression is pretty negative. You have the junkyard at the western end and then the wonderful used trailers to greet you as you're coming in from the east on 40. Those definitely send the message that it's a nice town. The city should make people clean up their yards. I don't know how many neighborhoods that used to be nice are now nothing but dilapidated crack houses. Whatever good changes they claim to be making are lost on me. I've been through many many small towns that aren't on major highways that have nice, cute, clean towns. The only thing that would do the town any good are some bulldozers and gasoline.
Just saying

Okmulgee, OK

#9 Apr 17, 2011
Why do you just sit on your computer and grip about our town. It just takes one person to get something started. Why don't you get off your rear end and get something going like a group to help clean up. Some of the homes with trashy yards are old people that aren't able to clean it. Go up to houses and ask them if you can clean it up for no charge, but to just clean up the neighborhood.

The drugs in this town are being cleaned up by our police department. I have read in the paper more drug sweeps being done in this town more than I ever have, they make their presence know in all neighborhoods now. Several people are talking about how they are everyday getting drugs or stuff to make drugs off people.

I agree we need to get rid of that scrapyard out west. I also think the wrecker places coming in from the north need to put up fences up to hide all the junk cars. The trailers on the south side of town are sitting in the county not in our city limits so we can't do anything about that I guess.

I'm just one person in our town of over 6500 people, and I would be willing to go do anything that I posted and would love to see more people get together in a positive way to help make this town what we would like it to be.

God Bless you all and our town.
Wanderer

United States

#10 May 2, 2011
Well you must be crazy to think I would drive through a random neighborhood and offer to help some crackhead clean up their yard. If I drove by and saw an elderly man or woman trying to do something then yeah, I'd probably stop. But generally the old people are the only ones in the neighborhood that have a home that's taken care of...because that's how their generation was. They weren't afraid of a little hard work and knew if something was going to get done then you have to do it yourself. They have pride in things they own.

Any attempts to clean up the drug problem in this town are lost on me. Everytime I go to walmart or homeland it's infested with crackheads and their passel of welfare checks...or shall I say children. I read the paper and I don't see any mentions in the police logs referencing drug crimes. I just hope to god that some idiot doesn't hit me while I'm driving through town because there's probably a 9 out of 10 chance they're not going to have insurance....since that's what the majority of the tickets in this town are given out for.

I'm ouf of state the majority of the year and I can honestly say everytime I come back to town it gets worse and worse. I have never been to a town that's as bad as henryetta has gotten.
ggfyjct

United States

#11 Jul 3, 2011
I like how y'all tlkn bout henryetta having a drug problem Cuz okmulgee has a Meth house on every block

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henryetta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to the Okmulgee Daily Times? (Oct '09) Jun 18 Reed Nevins 36
Okmulgee Police (Nov '11) Jun 17 America rise or hush 95
Weleetka t mart Jun 11 Fudrucker 6
Will You Still Patroniz Ike's? (Mar '13) Jun 5 Mark 48
ELECTED county workers paid $62,496.00 per year. Jun 3 Hillary Clinton 10
Chief Pangle (Aug '13) Jun 3 Username 11
Bell Mansion History (Mar '14) May '16 Michelle Bell Dou... 7

Henryetta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance