no way

Paris, TN

#63887 Jan 28, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
"Lawmaker Seeks To Overturn Citizens United Supreme Court Ruling."
Click here:
http://uspolitics.about.com/b/2013/01/28/lawm...
I clicked on the link and my antivirus software said it was severely infected and my computer would be damaged.
Why are you trying to do that?

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#63888 Jan 28, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Ironically, it may be the darling of the "right", Antonin Scalia that becomes the swing vote for gun control.
Scalia, according to his own words, believes the constitution is a dead document. He believes it means what it meant when written, and is not elastic.
IF he truly believes this, the constitutional right to bear arms would be a right to own muzzle loading single shot arms.
Only Scalia and perhaps his colleagues on the court know what he REALLY believes but he has issued many opinions that are based on his interpritation of a constitution which is not elastic. SO, it is entirely possible that if the court takes a gun control case, which must define specifically which "arms" are contemplated in the second amendment......Scalia may become the darling of the "left".
The 2nd amendment does not define the term "arms" as a single shot muzzle loader, so, he may feel that "arms" means all arms with no distinguishing between types and therefore any type of weapons ban would be unconstitutional in his eyes. Either scenario is possible and I am sure that others could be presented.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63889 Jan 28, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2nd amendment does not define the term "arms" as a single shot muzzle loader, so, he may feel that "arms" means all arms with no distinguishing between types and therefore any type of weapons ban would be unconstitutional in his eyes. Either scenario is possible and I am sure that others could be presented.
It is true that the amendment does not define "arms". And the court may refuse to take a case that would finally "define" them. My only point was, if they do, Scalia, based on his dissent on the ACA, basicially said, since there was no health insurance when the document was written, the commerce clause could not be used to regulate it....With his opinion that the constitution is not a living document, which bars what he calls "Judicial activism"... and his opinion on the ACA, how can he possibly expand the meaning of arms beyond those available when the document was written ?
He could certainly change his mind, but that change would leave his legacy in tatters and undermine every decision he has made in the name of a strict construction of the constitution interpritation.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63890 Jan 28, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are typing in the comments box, any word in the spell dictionary, that the program uses, that is not properly spelled has a squiggly red line under it. Words that are not in that dictionary, like topix, Dunlapian, etc. will also be underlined. It has always been this way. It lets you know the word is misspelled. It does not correct that spelling. That is up to you. It is a spell check, not spelling correction.
My computers, both here and at home do not have that feature....but then again, both are pretty outdated.(a lot like myself !!)
If you know of some way to load that feature on an older computer, please let me know. It will save me a lot of proof reading time...and get rid of some of the mistakes that still get by.
It won't help those who advocate for their "right to bare arms" though !! Chuckles !!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63891 Jan 28, 2013
One of the guns Feinstein wants to ban:

http://www.google.com/imgres...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63892 Jan 28, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link:
[Hagel] told Obama:“We are at a time where there is a new world order. We don’t control it. You must question everything, every assumption, everything they”— the military and diplomats —“tell you. Any assumption 10 years old is out of date. You need to question our role. You need to question the military. You need to question what are we using the military for.
The two (Obama and Hagel) share similar views and philosophies as the Obama administration attempts to define the role of the United States in the transition to a post-superpower world."
I can define the role of the US as Obama steers the ship toward the "transition". All you have to do is look at how he's steered the people of this country. His intention is to make the government supreme, and the individual subservient. He's growing the government and it's power, while making the individual dependent on the government.
So, he needs a Hagel to slowly emasculate the military, so that they too will be subservient. Remember when he said he wanted a civilian force as powerful as the military? Well, in the Dept of Homeland Security, he has that civilian Army. Indeed, last week, the lesbian that runs the department was advising us on how to shovel snow:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dhs-offer...
That'll save us from terrorists.
Meanwhile, as we do a Clinton on the military, China is ramping up it's armies.
And Obama has already expressed his admiration for china's way of life.
Ahhhh. I'm just a drama queen......
Wasn't it Dwight Eisenhower tht left the presidency with a stern warning about the military-industrial complex ?
The DOD isn't exactly the leanest or best run department of government. They simply benefit from a public that has been conditioned to believe that they need all the money thay ask for in every budget. We FAR outspend all other countries in defense spending, so how much is enough, and how much is too much ?
I think we need to stop being the world's policeman. That has allowed other countries to save their defense dollars and use them to improve quality of life for their citizens....I think it is past time for them to step up and contribute to their defense, so we can as Obama said, do some nation building here at home.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63893 Jan 28, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> It is true that the amendment does not define "arms". And the court may refuse to take a case that would finally "define" them. My only point was, if they do, Scalia, based on his dissent on the ACA, basicially said, since there was no health insurance when the document was written, the commerce clause could not be used to regulate it....With his opinion that the constitution is not a living document, which bars what he calls "Judicial activism"... and his opinion on the ACA, how can he possibly expand the meaning of arms beyond those available when the document was written ?
He could certainly change his mind, but that change would leave his legacy in tatters and undermine every decision he has made in the name of a strict construction of the constitution interpritation.
Hmmm. Cannons and mortars existed back then. If we are to use your reasoning, then these "arms" would also be included for the public domain.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63894 Jan 28, 2013
Well, since the original intent of this topic was the governor of TN...Governor Haslam will give his 3rd State of the State beginning at 7 p.m. Eastern time tonight...

Sassy, just because I know you'll not want to miss it: The address will be streamed live over the Internet!

LOL

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63895 Jan 28, 2013
no way wrote:
<quoted text>
I clicked on the link and my antivirus software said it was severely infected and my computer would be damaged.
Why are you trying to do that?
You're lying and I am positive of that. You and your Buddies have tried that Lie before. If you had the BEST Protection and so much of it, like I do, your computers would be so slow, you wouldn't be able to even get on here to tell your Lies, trust me...and I run it all everyday, at least once.
That's what I have to do because of you Trolls and my Stalker/Harasser...on the advice of my Computer Tech a long time ago. So, don't even go there, Liar!
Rebel

United States

#63896 Jan 28, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>Dunlapian, I'm so glad you posted that because I'm the world's worst typist, as I have said many, many times and frankly, I'm getting tired of correcting my mistakes. If you, and couple of others, can make it out, that's all I care about. The rest of them can just skip over them and that will suit me just fine, believe me!
You told me one time to not sweat the small stuff...or something to that effect...I should have listened to you, then.:)

BTW, good Luck with "Pete". You're a "Better Man" than I am, is all I can say! Lol!
I wish I had been born as patient as you are...instead of so dang charming and good-looking! LMAO!
Really? Then stop correcting others biotch!

Location hidden

#63897 Jan 28, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. Cannons and mortars existed back then. If we are to use your reasoning, then these "arms" would also be included for the public domain.
NO, it would mean that you only had a Constitutional Right to have those, and Muskets, but NO GUNS...and certainly not Assault Rifles!
Rebel

United States

#63898 Jan 28, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>You're lying and I am positive of that. You and your Buddies have tried that Lie before. If you had the BEST Protection and so much of it, like I do, your computers would be so slow, you wouldn't be able to even get on here to tell your Lies, trust me...and I run it all everyday, at least once.
That's what I have to do because of you Trolls and my Stalker/Harasser...on the advice of my Computer Tech a long time ago. So, don't even go there, Liar!
That's isn't a lie. Your link is a risk to computers because mine did the same thing.

Location hidden

#63899 Jan 28, 2013
Nuh wrote:
Well, since the original intent of this topic was the governor of TN...Governor Haslam will give his 3rd State of the State beginning at 7 p.m. Eastern time tonight...
Sassy, just because I know you'll not want to miss it: The address will be streamed live over the Internet!
LOL
Believe it or not, I usually do watch hin whenever he speaks to the People and everytime, I've thought, "He's screwing us, again". They usually carry it on the PBS station, but I've watched it on Livestream, too.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#63900 Jan 28, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> It is true that the amendment does not define "arms". And the court may refuse to take a case that would finally "define" them. My only point was, if they do, Scalia, based on his dissent on the ACA, basicially said, since there was no health insurance when the document was written, the commerce clause could not be used to regulate it....With his opinion that the constitution is not a living document, which bars what he calls "Judicial activism"... and his opinion on the ACA, how can he possibly expand the meaning of arms beyond those available when the document was written ?
To the contrary. Health insurance did not exist in any form. Arms, however did exist. They have been improved through technology but exist they did when the 2nd amendment was written. Big difference.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#63901 Jan 28, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> My computers, both here and at home do not have that feature....but then again, both are pretty outdated.(a lot like myself !!)
If you know of some way to load that feature on an older computer, please let me know. It will save me a lot of proof reading time...and get rid of some of the mistakes that still get by.
It won't help those who advocate for their "right to bare arms" though !! Chuckles !!
What browser do you use? I use firefox and it has always worked on all of the computers I have used on this site.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#63902 Jan 28, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> My computers, both here and at home do not have that feature....but then again, both are pretty outdated.(a lot like myself !!)
I have tried it on 4 different browsers and it is the same on all. Firefox, IE, Opeera, and CHrome. all have the same feature with default settings. Maybe it is in how your seetings are set on your browser. I have been on here a little over 2 years and have had many computers on this site. It has always been that way with them all.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#63903 Jan 28, 2013
Opera and Chrome, settings. Even I get in a hurry sometimes and don't always proofread before I press send LOL

Location hidden

#63907 Jan 28, 2013
I don't have any "hip boots", so I've got to get off here. The BS is just getting too deep for me!
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#63909 Jan 28, 2013
You can always right click in the text body go down the list, and click spell check. Works every time :)
Rebel

United States

#63912 Jan 28, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I don't have any "hip boots", so I've got to get off here. The BS is just getting too deep for me!
News Flash! You don't have any hips either so you will be fine. You are shaped like a tree trunk on steroids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the beautiful young lady dark hair works in Wal... 14 min bro 28
Joe & jerrys 2 hr Kimberly w 7
Local News blackout-Henry County Parents need t... 3 hr TRUTH 20
Brandon Bryant 4 hr fairy princess 1
Girl from Casey's General 6 hr Mandy 1
Biggest Druggies in Paris 17 hr Lmao 35
sam lashlee 18 hr curious 1
Henry Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Henry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?