School Teacher Among Six Killed Over ...

School Teacher Among Six Killed Over Weekend

There are 16 comments on the NBC 5 Chicago story from Jun 2, 2008, titled School Teacher Among Six Killed Over Weekend. In it, NBC 5 Chicago reports that:

A Chicago Public Schools teacher was among five people fatally shot over the weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5 Chicago.

Priceless Princess

Omaha, NE

#1 Jun 2, 2008
This has just made me sick. Erika Prince goes to my church. This violence has got to stop! I have alway subscribed to the notion "don't pray and worry'. But I can't help but worry about the state of Chicago's future. I am truly broken hearted not just for Erika but for all the victems of this senseless violence.
Southsider

Schaumburg, IL

#2 Jun 2, 2008
People please stop the shooting and killing
Sad

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 2, 2008
This is disgusting. What is wrong with our society?
squarepegroundho le

United States

#4 Jun 2, 2008
Let the good times roll!
back to the DYING BOARD

United States

#5 Jun 2, 2008
NOW THE CITY'S ON FIRE!!! People are being shot to death all over the place! Chicago is out of control. All these stupid gangbangers
Steve

Waterloo, IL

#6 Jun 2, 2008
This is tragic, the gang bangers go after the innocent as well as the guilty. RIP Erika. STOP THE GANGBANGERS!
STEVE

Anchorage, AK

#7 Jun 2, 2008
SAD!!!
Texas Longhorn

Crest Hill, IL

#8 Jun 2, 2008
The NRA should be made to pay for her burial. And the burials of all the other victims of guns.
Jay

Chicago, IL

#9 Jun 2, 2008
Wow, this is really bad. I don't even have the words...it seems like the south side is it's own little secluded war zone and the rest of the city is isolated.

Sorry for the family, friends and especially her children for such a senseless loss...I'll say a prayer for her.
Susan Smith

Glenview, IL

#10 Jun 2, 2008
This is a true tragedy. A second tragedy appears in your reporting of this story. Please tell me that this is your reporter's error, not what the principal actually said, "She led them, teached them, and coached them, into dancing and they performed every year for our school," said Dixon Elementary School Principal Sharon Dace."

If she actually "teached them" the principal needs to be replaced immediately. If it's your reporter, same action.

Since: Oct 07

Evergreen Park, IL

#11 Jun 2, 2008
back to the DYING BOARD wrote:
NOW THE CITY'S ON FIRE!!! People are being shot to death all over the place!
Not necessarily. All the shooting deaths over the weekend (according to the article) every single one of them were on the south side of Chicago.

The city is not on fire and people aren't being shot all over.
John

Loves Park, IL

#12 Jun 3, 2008
Texas Longhorn wrote:
The NRA should be made to pay for her burial. And the burials of all the other victims of guns.
Handguns are illegal in Chicago, there is no violence problem.
Chicago

Canton, IL

#13 Jun 3, 2008
yeah and they want the olympics here. are they serious.
David

Chicago, IL

#14 Jun 3, 2008
Susan Smith wrote:
This is a true tragedy. A second tragedy appears in your reporting of this story. Please tell me that this is your reporter's error, not what the principal actually said, "She led them, teached them, and coached them, into dancing and they performed every year for our school," said Dixon Elementary School Principal Sharon Dace."
If she actually "teached them" the principal needs to be replaced immediately. If it's your reporter, same action.
Susan, watch the video clip. It appears that's what the principal said.
jack

Chicago, IL

#15 Jun 3, 2008
I'm still waiting for the "rev(s)" jackson & sharpton to march and protest against the skyrocketing violence in these black communities. Remember, "no justice, no peace"? Oh yea, I forgot. These are black on black crimes. No sense in protesting, the media attention wouldn't be as great.
Teacher and Parent

United States

#16 Jun 3, 2008
All of these Chicago murders are sad and this violent behavior needs to stop. People are just killing left and right and I feel fearful to go out and travel at night on the southside of Chicago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Jan 15 Earthqueen 178
neighbor's dog waste in common areas Jan 4 Potato 1
Fox Lake Police Stand Up To Child Abuser On Force (Jan '14) Dec '17 Ex resident 61
red light cameras (Feb '10) Nov '17 ChristopherLock 29
Review: Frassati Catholic Academy (Mar '10) Nov '17 Ex resident 3
News Woodman's store in Lakemoor on hold as legal ac... (Aug '16) Nov '17 Illinois Sucks 3
News Lakemoor police to crack down on drunk driving ... Nov '17 Bad cops 1

Henry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henry Mortgages