USA Skate information? Business in 80s/90s Roch

Posted in the Henrietta Forum

Dan

Melrose, MA

#1 Feb 4, 2013
I'm looking for some information about an old rollerskating rink in Rochester, I believe it was called USA Skate maybe in Webster or Pittsford area in the 80s until the late 90s. If anyone has any solid information that would be great, particularly where exactly it was located and what year it closed. And bonus would be any site online with this information and/or pictures (or thru email!). Thanks!
Dan

Lynn, MA

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Thanks!
john

Rochester, NY

#4 Mar 16, 2013
usa skate was on west ridge rd in greece where the home depot is now. and when it close idk yet trying to find out myself
Nancy Goethel

Schenectady, NY

#5 Feb 20, 2014
Dan wrote:
I'm looking for some information about an old rollerskating rink in Rochester, I believe it was called USA Skate maybe in Webster or Pittsford area in the 80s until the late 90s. If anyone has any solid information that would be great, particularly where exactly it was located and what year it closed. And bonus would be any site online with this information and/or pictures (or thru email!). Thanks!
you can find pics and info on the USA skating group on Facebook. DJ Brian worked there through 1989.
Lie Detector

Kenly, NC

#6 Feb 20, 2014
It was the worst of the rinks in the region . Guess why it closed !

City thugs fighting and chimping out on wheels . Insurance premiums went sky high for law suits . Security would not solve the problems .
Another venue closed by Farrel animals .
Pam Harris

Rochester, NY

#7 Feb 27, 2014
i lived at usa skate in rochester ny there is a Facebook one of my old time friends started so go check it out there
Andrea

Rochester, NY

#8 Feb 27, 2015
Dan wrote:
The Democrat and Chronicle said it closed in 1993, but this doesn't make sense to me since I remember going there in around 1995 ish time frame with an ex.
Hot wheels

Rochester, NY

#9 Feb 27, 2015
Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrat and Chronicle said it closed in 1993, but this doesn't make sense to me since I remember going there in around 1995 ish time frame with an ex.
It was torn down in mid 94'.....Home Depot opened 1995
Donna

Rochester, NY

#10 Saturday Apr 4
john wrote:
usa skate was on west ridge rd in greece where the home depot is now. and when it close idk yet trying to find out myself
Look up Steve Snow, he was DJ at USA in the 70's-80's. I was there from about when it opened til 93 when I wasn't allowed to skate because I was pregnant with my daughter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henrietta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racist White Cop Gets to Quit Before Getting Fired 20 min Phony pigpen facts 42
Amy Pierson Expecting 10 hr Bernie 9
News Teen Arrested in Transit Center Scuffle 11 hr CityRes 47
Its Always the Suburban Whites Arrested for Wel... 13 hr MoCo Cracker 2
News Stabbing, shooting keep Rochester police busy 13 hr MoCo Cracker 11
Human remains found in Irondequiot 15 hr MoCo Cracker 3
Break room ratings 18 hr Donald 234
More from around the web

Henrietta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE