On The Highway To Hell

#6862 Jan 24, 2014
Pretty Ditty wrote:
Hiddy Dickens !
I hadn't been over here In so long... I felt lost for a brief moment
*giggle*
*snort*
*giggle*
I took another day off of work and I am trying to tackle my 8 load's of laundry !
Hope your having a wonderful day dear!
Hi Wabbit love ^^^
Hi Doll :) I see your posts just fine it`s the 'its' posts that ain`t around long enough for people to see!! BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaa

“Snow isn't pretty in February”

Since: Jun 11

as it is in December

#6863 Jan 25, 2014
Good morning, PDitty and Wabbit! Good morning, Jem! And good morning to Friends, far and wide!

"We're having a Heat Wave, a tropical heat wave! Temperature's rising....hmmm....hmmmm..... "

That's all I can remember of that song. But Heat Wave it is, with the temperature at 39 and rising! Beautiful blue skies and bright sunshine. I'm loving it! We'd best enjoy this gorgeous weekend because you know it won't last long.....

It almost puts me in the mood for Spring Cleaning....but I'm going to fight it!

:)

as it is in December

#6864 Jan 25, 2014
To Friends and Visitors, a little welcoming song:

as it is in December

#6865 Jan 25, 2014
Oh, this is so neat! Here's an earlier version of the same song. I love the old Blues recordings.

...and now I've got to let my mind roll on and do some house work!

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#6866 Jan 25, 2014
Dickens , I am still working on my 5,000 load's of laundry but Kentucky play's in 20 minutes ....
Guess what that mean's ???
No laundry for at least an hour and a half :)
Hope you are enjoying the snow :)

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#6867 Jan 25, 2014
That's why I love you :)
Wabbit wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Doll :) I see your posts just fine it`s the 'its' posts that ain`t around long enough for people to see!! BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaa

_Word Woman_

“See you in the funny papers...”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6868 Jan 25, 2014
Hiya Dickens!!! Surprise...I came to visit your neck of the woods...hope all is well :)

as it is in December

#6869 Jan 25, 2014
_Word Woman_ wrote:
Hiya Dickens!!! Surprise...I came to visit your neck of the woods...hope all is well :)
What a wonderful surprise, WW! It is a treat to have you join us here! I hope you will enjoy posting with us in Ripley and make it a regular habit.

All is well here....this has been a beautiful sunny day with temps up in the 50's. I hope it was just as pretty on your side of the state.

Pepper has been sick with a sinus infection but she will be as happy as I am to see you here.

_Word Woman_

Location hidden

#6870 Jan 26, 2014
Dickens1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a wonderful surprise, WW! It is a treat to have you join us here! I hope you will enjoy posting with us in Ripley and make it a regular habit.
All is well here....this has been a beautiful sunny day with temps up in the 50's. I hope it was just as pretty on your side of the state.
Pepper has been sick with a sinus infection but she will be as happy as I am to see you here.
Thanks for the warm welcome, Dickens!!! I need to try to get caught up on the happenings here & then I'll do my best to post regularly...the Greeneville forum has fizzled out b/c of the hateful stalker troll & my hometown forum (Asheville, NC) isn't even worth reading. Anyway, glad to be here :)

***and, Pepper, if you're reading, I hope you feel better soon :)

as it is in December

#6871 Jan 26, 2014
Good afternoon, Everyone! Hi WW, PDitty and Wabbit, Jem, Pepper, and All!

WW, you have an open invitation to come post here anytime! It's fun having a friendly newcomer!

Pepper, I hope the meds and a weekend of rest have you well again. You are missed on the threads.

PDitty, I hope you are all caught up on your laundry....for at least a day or two! I know laundry baskets stay full when there are little ones in the home.

Wabbit, It's such a pretty day here, feels like Spring. 60 degrees as I type. But Winter will roar again tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a restful, pleasant Sunday afternoon.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6873 Jan 30, 2014

hello dickens ...
how is my good friend ?

))>><<((

as it is in December

#6874 Jan 31, 2014
Is it going to rain? Is it going to snow? Is it going to sleet?

Something ominous is coming. I can hear the theme music from Jaws!

as it is in December

#6875 Jan 31, 2014
what a russsh wrote:
hello dickens ...
how is my good friend ?
))>><<((
Hi Russsh! I'm glad you found the key hidden under the mat....I left it there so you and other friends could come on in even if I wasn't home.

I'm doing great. I hope you are too. I bet you've seen some rough winter weather in your northern town.

Natalie

Anonymous Proxy

#6876 Jan 31, 2014
Hello Dickens stopped in for a hug . I am glad to see you at home .

as it is in December

#6877 Feb 6, 2014
It is snowing!

With our recent ice-coated tree limbs falling, power outages, frozen truck doors, bitter cold temps, you might think I wouldn't get so excited over the beautiful white stuff but I can't help it! Oooh, it gladdens my heart and thrills my soul to see the feathery flakes drifting down.

Aah, beautiful, magical Winter Delight!

_Word Woman_

Location hidden

#6878 Feb 6, 2014
Dickens1 wrote:
It is snowing!
With our recent ice-coated tree limbs falling, power outages, frozen truck doors, bitter cold temps, you might think I wouldn't get so excited over the beautiful white stuff but I can't help it! Oooh, it gladdens my heart and thrills my soul to see the feathery flakes drifting down.
Aah, beautiful, magical Winter Delight!

as it is in December

#6879 Feb 6, 2014
_Word Woman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Word Woman! I was thinking about you today....truly I was! I was planning a fast trip to Greeneville to look in on you but I had distractions. Do y'all have snow on the ground? Or ice? It didn't snow long but I enjoyed every second of it!

_Word Woman_

Location hidden

#6880 Feb 6, 2014
Dickens1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Word Woman! I was thinking about you today....truly I was! I was planning a fast trip to Greeneville to look in on you but I had distractions. Do y'all have snow on the ground? Or ice? It didn't snow long but I enjoyed every second of it!
I don't know about Greeneville, but we didn't get any snow in Asheville. I was busy, fed up, & bored with the Greeneville forum & didn't post for a few days, but have posted some today...same ol, same ol, but not quite as nasty & libelous as it usually is...lol ;)

_Word Woman_

Location hidden

#6882 Feb 6, 2014
Natalie wrote:
WW so good to see you sweetie . Dickens just a drive by to say Hi .
Hi Natalie :)

as it is in December

#6883 Feb 7, 2014
Friday.....Gateway To The Weekend! I hope the day is passing quickly and smoothly for everyone!

I'm watching for snowflakes. We're supposed to get snow later today. I'm pretty well stocked up on everything so I don't need a trip to Wal-Mart but it might be a good idea to run into a convenience store.....I like to have candy on hand! It could give me an opportunity to get in a little visiting with the locals since you never know who you might run into on their way home from work.

I'm looking forward to watching the Opening Ceremony of the Winter Olympics at 6:30 so I can't tarry long in the store. I'll just make it one of those fast, fun run-ins.

Have a wonderful Friday evening and weekend, my friends!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drove through Memphis today. 1 hr Guest 6
Ripley Cotton Choppers (Aug '08) 8 hr Mister Twister 27
Memphis street outlaws (Jun '17) 11 hr Guest 29
Things the democrats don't want you to know Tue Guest 2
Drop a Word/Add a Word (Mar '12) Tue Alyssa76 2,397
Spring water in the area? Jan '18 Looking for info-14 1
News Ripley, TN Couple Say They're Being Stalked By ... (Nov '10) Dec '17 Invictus Rex 86

Henning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henning Mortgages