First Prev
of 2
Next Last
buckwheat

Jackson, TN

#1 Sep 29, 2013
Is Ted Cruz a United States Citizen ? Was he born in Canada ? Guess we will have to start another BIRTHER movement

United States

#2 Sep 29, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
Is Ted Cruz a United States Citizen ? Was he born in Canada ? Guess we will have to start another BIRTHER movement
He is an obstructionist and has brought govt to a shutdown.

So many well- seasoned republicans and moderate democrats have been able to COMPROMISE and get our budgets funded in the past.

The tea party is self- imploding and their lack of experience and lack of willingness to Compromise
Has made them out of touch with reality.

They are even targeting moderate republicans who have given many good years of service to our country in house and senate.
whatever

Ripley, TN

#3 Sep 30, 2013
Yes he is an American citizen. he was born in Canada (while his parents were there) but his mother WAS/IS an American citizen, making him an American citizen.

No big deal if you look it up. As for the GOP, it's the Democrats who are imploding. ObamaCare is so unpopular & Obama has wrecked the economy so badly that many fear the Senate will go GOP in 2014.

Don't believe all of the liberal slanted media stories. They'll never tell you what the people really think.
buckwheat

Jackson, TN

#4 Sep 30, 2013
whatever wrote:
Yes he is an American citizen. he was born in Canada (while his parents were there) but his mother WAS/IS an American citizen, making him an American citizen.
No big deal if you look it up. As for the GOP, it's the Democrats who are imploding. ObamaCare is so unpopular & Obama has wrecked the economy so badly that many fear the Senate will go GOP in 2014.
Don't believe all of the liberal slanted media stories. They'll never tell you what the people really think.
THen why did it make any difference where Obama was born, because his mother was an American citizen too. The truth is the truth no matter who says it
Jimmy Don

United States

#5 Sep 30, 2013
I am in no way an Obama supporter, but I've never seen that much in the birth issue. As long as the parent is an American, it doesn't matter where the child is born. I have friends who have had children born out of the country, and I have no problem with them being an American citizen. The thing that puzzles me is that Obama has been so secretive about the whole matter....along with his "college" records. What is he trying to hide???
buckwheat

Jackson, TN

#6 Sep 30, 2013
whatever wrote:
Yeah, Fox news never slants anything..LOLLOLLOL
whatever

Ripley, TN

#7 Sep 30, 2013
At this point Obama's birth place is irrelevant. He has already wrecked the entire economy & is destroying the medical/health care market to replace it with a government run single payer system. Harry Reid has even admitted that ObamaCare is just the first step toward that end.

If Democrats were worried about uninsured people why not just make them eligible for Medicaid or Medicare?

Even under ObamaCare they admit that around 18 million will still be uninsured. And if you look at some of the ObamaCare plans the premiums are only low in some cases b/c the plans only cover about 60% of the medical costs. This will leave these people declaring bankruptcy from medical costs just as many do today.

I read this on The New York Times & other websites- not Fox News.

United States

#8 Sep 30, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
Well, Buckeheat, I find myself in the position of agreeing with u here::

TEAPARTY is ignoring FACT that ACA is already law... It is not a "bill," it is a law upheld by Supreme Court..

tEA PARTY is going to cost taxpayers 1.5 billion if gov't shuts down.

Long for moderate repubs Nd dems who know how to GET TZhINGS done and are not

Hostage takers= TEA PARTY...

senate and Obama are correct here..

Tommie lee jones in "The Fugitive":;;
I don't bargain...
Correct call for senate and Obama here.

So disgusted with this fanatical, out if touch faction that had hijacked politics that were able to get job done...

United States

#9 Sep 30, 2013
Just read few mins ago that the MODERATE faction of the House republicans are going to stage their very own revolt because they want a CLEAN Budget passed with no delays:::

You see... The experienced , educated , Seasoned republicans and democrats both know how Govt works!!

It': the TEA PaRtY that i s. so Out of touch...

Not moderate dems and not moderate repubs!
whatever

Ripley, TN

#10 Sep 30, 2013
There are no "moderate" Democrats. Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer & Nancy Pelosi are leaders of the nut-wing faction of the Democratic Party. They rammed ObamaCare down the American people's throats, even though they knew people didn't want it. They didn't even read the damn thing!

As for it being a law already, DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) was law too but Obama decided he wasn't going to enforce & even fought it. He's doing the same thing with lots of other issues. He thinks he's a king & can do what he wants!
buckwheat

Jackson, TN

#11 Sep 30, 2013
We have fanatical tea partiers elected here. They are ultra conservative unless the tax dollars benefit themselves, then they become liberal. I bet everyone knows who I am talking about. THe Tea Party is " as Stalin referred to " a bunch of useful idiots that are actually working hard to keep the extreme rich elite in power
whatever

Ripley, TN

#12 Oct 1, 2013
The reason we have Republicans around Tennessee now (after decades of Democratic control) is b/c the Democratic Party started turning way way left! Reid, Pelosi, Kennedy, Carter, Schumer, Obama.

If the Democrats were actually "moderate" they might win but not by being pro-abortion, against Christians, for bigger government control, higher taxes, you name it!
buckwheat

Jackson, TN

#13 Oct 1, 2013
Its even obvious now that this person gets on topix and judges posts, clueless, nuts, and disagree. If I was an elected official and had a side business with local government I guess I would do the same to cover myself. Its OK though because election day is coming soon and you will be exposed
whatever

Ripley, TN

#14 Oct 1, 2013
and it's obvious you can't argue with logic & facts. Sorry Buckwheat- I like many of your posts but you're dead wrong on this.

Now, I will say I am against wealthy farmers getting government subsidies while wanting to cut Food Stamps. That's b/c I am a conservative- NOT mindless supporter of either party!

We are 17 TRILLION in debt & yet Obama says raising the debt ceiling won't add to the debt. WTH? Is this guy brain dead?
RLB

Jackson, TN

#15 Oct 2, 2013
There are only two parties in the US Congress, Republicans (and their other members, so-called Tea Party), and Democrats. There is not much difference in either party both have an agenda to stay in power. The country needs a real third party, so many of these folks can be sent home for good. They even change parties when the party is not useful to them. Don't know who Cruz is but not important because he is just one person and with over five hundred individuals making up Congress his impact is marginal or average. Trying to pin anything on one person is usually misguided because Congress votes on bills and no single individual can pass a bill by themselves. So-called ObamaCare is not the best bill, but it is better than nothing. The US is the only Western Country that doesn't provide free health care (not insurance) to its citizens. The healthcare is not free because it is paid for by taxes, just like defense or anything else, i.e. interstate highways, etc... It has already been mentioned about trying to cut food stamps but paying billions to grow tobacco and crops. billions for oil companies, billions for unnecessary wars, billions in foreign aid, especially to Israel. Trillions to bail out dishonest, thieving financial sector execs, who should have been all fired. America is a Christian nation, therefore Congress cutting money to help the poor must be a Christian thing to do? Maybe Mr. Cruz is trying to fulfill his Christian duty? I don't think so, but.....
Patriot

Ripley, TN

#16 Oct 2, 2013
There is NOTHING in the Constitution about the federal government providing health care to citizens. States might be able to help out the poor but the Constitution clearly laid out the limitations on what the federal government could & could not do.

The defense of the nation is the most important obviously & this was very plainly spoken of in the Constitution. But ObamaCare is clearly NOT Constitutional- despite what the SCOTUS says (the courts quit sticking to the Constitution a long time ago!). If Congress can require American citizens to purchase something (regardless of how noble the cause may seem) then Congress has no limitations on what else they might think we should buy. American- made cars? American-made TV's or cell phones, etc.

Using the excuse that others are paying for someone else's medical bills is NOT justification to ignore the Constitution. If Congress wants most people to have some form of health insurance they should pass tax credits or cuts that allow people to pay for it. Or perhaps use state grants to use for the really poor.

ObamaCare has already hurt the economy badly & companies all across the country have announced plans to either drop coverage, charge more for it or severely change the nature of their plans.

Check out these links to get facts about how ObamaCare is changing our economy- and NOT for the better...

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/28/ten-states-...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...

United States

#17 Oct 2, 2013
Patriot wrote:
There is NOTHING in the Constitution about the federal government providing health care to citizens. States might be able to help out the poor but the Constitution clearly laid out the limitations on what the federal government could & could not do.
The defense of the nation is the most important obviously & this was very plainly spoken of in the Constitution. But ObamaCare is clearly NOT Constitutional- despite what the SCOTUS says (the courts quit sticking to the Constitution a long time ago!). If Congress can require American citizens to purchase something (regardless of how noble the cause may seem) then Congress has no limitations on what else they might think we should buy. American- made cars? American-made TV's or cell phones, etc.
Using the excuse that others are paying for someone else's medical bills is NOT justification to ignore the Constitution. If Congress wants most people to have some form of health insurance they should pass tax credits or cuts that allow people to pay for it. Or perhaps use state grants to use for the really poor.
ObamaCare has already hurt the economy badly & companies all across the country have announced plans to either drop coverage, charge more for it or severely change the nature of their plans.
Check out these links to get facts about how ObamaCare is changing our economy- and NOT for the better...
http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/28/ten-states-...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...
Not passing a budget because one dies not like a law that has been upheld by Supreme Court as " la" is holding people if this country hostage..

It is their constitutional duty to pass a budge.

Suppose a so called" liberal-minded" house or senate official decided that Yhey were not going to pass a budget because they did not like

Supreme Court overruling the voting rights act that holds states accountable??

Supreme Court did just that! They struck down an important part if that law.

Many dems and moderate repubs don't like what the Supreme Court did in regard to that kaw.

However, do you see them holding our paid taxes hostage by not passing a budget? No

Time to move in an appropriate manner abd PASS the BUDGET and also raise debt ceiling to PAY BILLS we owe...

“Listen to the blue bird's song”

Since: Jun 11

when April showers come along!

#18 Oct 2, 2013
Patriot wrote:
If Congress can require American citizens to purchase something (regardless of how noble the cause may seem) then Congress has no limitations on what else they might think we should buy. American- made cars? American-made TV's or cell phones, etc.
Patriot, this thought came to me: If Congress can require American citizens to purchase something......then why must I pay extra on my auto insurance to protect me from "Uninsured Motorists"? Are there stiff fines for those drivers who are known to have no insurance coverage, as Obamacare will fine anyone who won't purchase health insurance? I may be looking at this too simply but if government can force the public to purchase health care insurance, why can't they force them to purchase auto insurance and all other forms of insurance that helps to protect the public good?

United States

#19 Oct 2, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
We have fanatical tea partiers elected here. They are ultra conservative unless the tax dollars benefit themselves, then they become liberal. I bet everyone knows who I am talking about. THe Tea Party is " as Stalin referred to " a bunch of useful idiots that are actually working hard to keep the extreme rich elite in power
: buckwheat::: agreed done fanatical representatives have their teeth in the repub part like the grip of a fighting pit bull::

Time tea party to go!

Abd the BOOZING in our very hallowed halls iof congress upons it's grounds MzoNDAY night is beyond understanding..

Republican Party needs to give these animal house tea parties THE BOOT..

Maybe they are not the TeaParty after all..

TEA-TIE-ONE-ON PARTiERS
Patriot

Ripley, TN

#20 Oct 2, 2013
Dickens1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Patriot, this thought came to me: If Congress can require American citizens to purchase something......then why must I pay extra on my auto insurance to protect me from "Uninsured Motorists"? Are there stiff fines for those drivers who are known to have no insurance coverage, as Obamacare will fine anyone who won't purchase health insurance? I may be looking at this too simply but if government can force the public to purchase health care insurance, why can't they force them to purchase auto insurance and all other forms of insurance that helps to protect the public good?
The requirements to have auto insurance come from the state- not Congress. However, the requirement to have auto insurance doesn't work too well either. I have seen estimates that around 17% of drivers do NOT have the required insurance.

If people aren't willing to buy auto insurance (which is cheaper than health insurance) then you can imagine how many poor won't buy ObamaCare- despite threats of fines.

Usually when someone is caught w/o auto insurance the offender will rush out to buy the bare bones policy, take the proof to court & then drop it after the court appearance.

I have been hit a couple of times by people with no auto insurance & you have no recourse in cases like that. How can you sue someone who is broke & driving a beat up Pinto? We end up having our own insurance pay for it while the offending driver gets off usually with some minor fine or court costs, if that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Mame Hair Braiding 3 hr never again 1
I'm waiting for the man 9 hr cherryqueen 2
Anyone know 20 hr Wonder 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Hiawatha 19,847
manny pacquiao vs. floyd mayweather fight Fri Tony 3
dog food Thu dboy88 12
brown dog food Thu dboy 1
More from around the web

Henning People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]