Do you think Steve Sanders has done a...

Do you think Steve Sanders has done a good job as sheriff?

Created by Tired on Dec 22, 2013

452 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
fed_up

Ripley, TN

#1 Dec 27, 2013
I left a message for him in october & still haven't received a call back!!
fed_up

Ripley, TN

#2 Dec 27, 2013
I do like the way he handles some things tho..he will go after dealers & cooks unlike the city police
Stone Cold

Ripley, TN

#3 Dec 27, 2013
he is trying to look good because the election is around the bend
Yes

Brighton, TN

#4 Dec 27, 2013
I do believe he has done a great job. Has he made mistakes, yes. I know he has. Intentionally? I do not think so! Is anyone perfect? No. I have gotten to know the sheriff through him doing his job and overseeing his deputies do theirs. He's the type of person you can stop and talk to....he is very approachable. And yes, I have called him, left msg and sometimes he'd return the call and sometimes not.... Guess what? If it is that important I call again! He is only one person who deals with so many.... be considerate. If you need to talk to him, keep calling or go by the department. I will vote Steve Sanders for Sheriff if he runs again.
Tired

Gadsden, TN

#5 Dec 27, 2013
Stone Cold wrote:
he is trying to look good because the election is around the bend
I am glad im not the only one to notice this. I don't think he handles much of anything very well. If he would spend as much time handling his deputies as he does setting out side smoking then mybe we wouldn't be in federal court so much. I would like to know what he , himself , has handled with them anyways. They run around doing what they want to the majority of the time and has no structure or leadership. He had a deputy wreck two cars in a matter of days and what was done about it? Nothing! Money come up missing and what was done? Nothing! Inmates let out and was gone 3 days before anyone noticed and what was done? Nothing! That's your Good Sheriff!
fed_up

Ripley, TN

#6 Dec 27, 2013
My dealings with the dept. Was a year or so ago & I got great results but not returning my call has me disappointed in the dept. I have seen him out more now during election to make face but he isn't at all the "big calls" so I'd have to say he's not goin over board with bein in the public eye
Tired

Gadsden, TN

#7 Dec 28, 2013
fed_up wrote:
My dealings with the dept. Was a year or so ago & I got great results but not returning my call has me disappointed in the dept. I have seen him out more now during election to make face but he isn't at all the "big calls" so I'd have to say he's not goin over board with bein in the public eye
You haven't been reading the paper the last few months then! the whole front page is full of arrest of the same 15 people that has been going to jail for years. It wasn't worth making the paper a year ago and now every jaywalker is on the front page. People see what he is doing and so should you.
fed_up

Ripley, TN

#8 Dec 28, 2013
I read the paper every week & yes its meth heads on the front page but diffrent ones. That is all the crimes the dept will tell the paper about because that's the focus of his c as mpaign. The paper calls every week n the dept either gives the meth heads or says nothings been goin on. I do see what him & other officials do because I'm sick to death of how productive members of society get the bad end of everything. I can say for certain that sanders has went after meth heads than any sheriff we've had before.
Tired

Gadsden, TN

#9 Dec 28, 2013
Im sorry that im getting my point across to you fed up. There is ALOT more to that job than meth dealers. There are thieves, drunks, domestics, jail issues, employee problems, and much more. My point is that with all that going on all he can do is put the same people in the paper that is in there for every grand jury for the past 10 years. Same ones L. Craig and R. Rickard put in theirs papers.
Tired

Gadsden, TN

#10 Dec 28, 2013
Not getting sorry.
fed_up

Ripley, TN

#11 Dec 29, 2013
I know what your saying, I'm just saying the reason why we don't see the other stories is because the dept won't tell the paper about it. Drugs are the only focus sanders has & yes I agree with you, I called the paper several times about burglaries & they said the dept doesn't tell them. The advice I was giving by the dept was to keep protection & defend me & mine. A deputy arrested a man for shooting his gun in the ground trying to break up a fight where 3 people jumped on 1 person, he was the only one arrested. So yes I very much know the lack of comptency of the dept.
Tired

Gadsden, TN

#12 Dec 29, 2013
I would just like to see the department run better and that comes from the top down. Steve has had 7 years now to make it better and has failed. Time for a change.
fed_up

Ripley, TN

#13 Dec 29, 2013
Change of every politician & court officials would be nice too. You can sell drugs in the city & steal in the county without a worry. Can we citizen arrest any of the officials for immoral stupidity, human due care lol.
Tired

Gadsden, TN

#14 Dec 30, 2013
That's just the Good Ole Boy in Lauderdale Co.
WTF Chuck

Lees Summit, MO

#15 Dec 31, 2013
Tired wrote:
I would just like to see the department run better and that comes from the top down. Steve has had 7 years now to make it better and has failed. Time for a change.
Time for a change you say well im the change you need.Allow me to tell you a few of my many qualifications.My blood type is AK-47,i can build a snowman out of rain,unscramble a egg,squeeze orange juice from a lemon and ski uphill.I eat nails for breakfast and do my grocery shopping at Home Depot.Brett Favre could throw a football 50 yards but i can throw ole Brett even farther.Some people can pee their name in the snow,hell i can pee my name in solid concrete.Giraffes were created when i uppercutted a pony.Mc Hammer learned the hard way i can touch this.Did i mention i can lift heavy objects?Oh yes it's true i can hoist a 30 pack over my head and hold it there for 3 minutes,i would like to see the others try that one.They would fail for sure.I do get tired easy but not to worry,i will prop a dummy up in the squad car at the city limit sign then run home,watch reruns of cops for awhile,take a fast nap and be back on duty in nothing flat.Let's face it folks just the sight of the squad car makes folks want to do the right thing.I want to thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.I look forward to serving the fine citizens of the county.Opps i gotta go,more reruns of cops just came on.Good Day!!!!!
Tired

Gadsden, TN

#16 Dec 31, 2013
WTF Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>Time for a change you say well im the change you need.Allow me to tell you a few of my many qualifications.My blood type is AK-47,i can build a snowman out of rain,unscramble a egg,squeeze orange juice from a lemon and ski uphill.I eat nails for breakfast and do my grocery shopping at Home Depot.Brett Favre could throw a football 50 yards but i can throw ole Brett even farther.Some people can pee their name in the snow,hell i can pee my name in solid concrete.Giraffes were created when i uppercutted a pony.Mc Hammer learned the hard way i can touch this.Did i mention i can lift heavy objects?Oh yes it's true i can hoist a 30 pack over my head and hold it there for 3 minutes,i would like to see the others try that one.They would fail for sure.I do get tired easy but not to worry,i will prop a dummy up in the squad car at the city limit sign then run home,watch reruns of cops for awhile,take a fast nap and be back on duty in nothing flat.Let's face it folks just the sight of the squad car makes folks want to do the right thing.I want to thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.I look forward to serving the fine citizens of the county.Opps i gotta go,more reruns of cops just came on.Good Day!!!!!
Hahahahahahahahaha!
widow woman

Jackson, TN

#17 Jan 6, 2014
He has picked up another petition for this election. He has had three heart surgeries and needs another one now. He is not able to do the job. He don' wont to loose the money he is getting .
Done

Gadsden, TN

#18 Jan 6, 2014
He will lose it one way or the other! If he wants to get beat that's fine with me. Just shows you he doesn't care about the job at all!
He sure does

United States

#19 Jan 8, 2014
he sets bak an lets them clowns do wat ever Tha won't. How do u feel about bull an James maken deals with killers to set up cooks an deals is that justified in it eyes Steve would be a good sherif he just don't no wat his deputies are doin
Tired

Gadsden, TN

#20 Jan 12, 2014
Yesterday was just another example of why we need a new sheriff! No training and no leadership.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Joe Mama 21,699
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 12 hr Princess Hey 14,386
Hannity 16 hr Trumptanic 4
Murder back in the 70s (Jul '07) 19 hr Retired 265
Looking for Jessica Walker 19 hr ambereyes 1
Jasmin Wood 19 hr LilDebbie 1
Drop a Word/Add a Word (Mar '12) Sun Princess Hey 2,526

Henning Jobs

Personal Finance

Henning Mortgages