Can't believe the neighbor shot our D...

Can't believe the neighbor shot our DOG!?!

Posted in the Henning Forum

“Aunt upset over lost dog”

Since: Apr 14

Henning, TN

#1 Apr 22, 2014
My family lives in the Lightfoot Luckett area. We own a German Shepherd/Lab mix which my Aunt named Lucy Lou Cross. We keep Lucy on a chain, but like most dogs, she manages to get away sometimes. One time we had her hooked to a post that had a bell on top and over 80 lbs. cement in the ground holding it where it was. She pulled the post out of the ground, cement and all, and pulled it down the hill. Our neighbor has a few dogs that are never on a chain or fenced in. These dogs would come into our yard when Lucy was on her chain and beat up on her, which the neighbor thought was funny. It made some sense to us that when she got away from us, she went straight back to the neighbors and beat up on the neighbors dogs, which the neighbor thought was not funny. One day, Lucy got away from us, and when we found her, she had a spot on her back side, which turned out to be where someone shot her. We didn't understand why someone would shoot our dog, Especially when we haven't shot any one else's dog, even though their dogs come on our property all the time, waking us up in the middle of the night, Making messes and tearing things up. Not to mention beating up on our dog. Now our dog is missing all together. We have searched everywhere for her, and there is no sign of her. When we asked some of our neighbors, and all but one said there was a gun fired not long before we got home. All but one said the shot came from that very neighbors area. What are we supposed to believe? Our dog is missing. My Aunt is a very kind woman- the compete opposite of said neighbor. She wouldn't hurt anyone or anything on purpose. And now someone had really hurt her by possibly killing and definitely keeping Lucy from her. We had Lucy since she was a puppy and she became my Aunt's BABY. She kept us safe at night. There have been reports about someone prowling around here at night, stealing things. I guess now we will have to get a gun. At least no one can take that from us. But you can't get attached to a gun like you can a good dog. My Aunt can hardly eat, has big trouble sleeping. She has enough health issues already without this stress added. Look. We just want to know where our dog is. Dead or alive. Please. If anyone knows anything, PLEASE let us know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
elvis comeback to us 3 hr elvis 8
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 5 hr Izzy-_- 13,645
Lucky Strike cigarettes around the University d... 8 hr that is the question 4
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr global gaza 20,507
"prince" has died 22 hr guest 4
News Courtney Joins Vet Staff At Downtown Animal Hos... 22 hr guest 1
News Obscure Midtown Warehouse to Become Company's HQ 23 hr guest 1

Henning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henning Mortgages