Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Who cares

Winfield, TN

#9689 May 22, 2014
REO wrote:
<quoted text>
I treat MY wife REALLY good and I don't have to " Sit around the campfire" bragging about who's got the biggest one....most people know it's me esp. down where I used to work!
Yea that's why it's where you used to work, you were so ashamed after all the bragging you did when she had to get your spotlight from behind the seat to even find it.
Ruts

Erin, TN

#9690 May 24, 2014
REO wrote:
<quoted text>
I treat MY wife REALLY good and I don't have to " Sit around the campfire" bragging about who's got the biggest one....most people know it's me esp. down where I used to work!
No one cares that you have the biggest gut.
Jasper

Paris, TN

#9692 May 24, 2014
Ruts wrote:
<quoted text>No one cares that you have the biggest gut.
Gut or butt?
hunter

Muskogee, OK

#9693 May 25, 2014
I bet auto insurance companies rates would really increase if deer population increases.
Jasper

Paris, TN

#9694 May 25, 2014
hunter wrote:
I bet auto insurance companies rates would really increase if deer population increases.
How much
metoo

Dresden, TN

#9695 May 26, 2014
freedom
bob

United States

#9696 May 27, 2014
Why is this going on still
N ur Face

Knoxville, TN

#9697 May 28, 2014
This is where NBC, CBS, ABC, and others like them get their polls,
'thar's yer sign' the gathering pot for LIVs. And unfortunately, TN political idoits.

Who came up with this 'only' choice, why not demand other choices, or make other laws instead of their 'win-win' either way question on the ballot?

Why don't you submit your own ballot question, why mess with what is already in play?

Who is to benefit by this being on the ballot?

Just some of the questions LIVs do not want you to ask?
N ur Face

Knoxville, TN

#9698 May 28, 2014
FIRST, you think of a 'revenue' maker for your state, so you can get a name in the political arena,
SECOND, you introduce a problem that 'could exist', but somehow doesn't at this very point in time,
THIRD, you get someone to oppose and attack it as though it is a horrible atrocious idea, FOURTH, you appeal to the LIVs to ensure it's passage,
FIFTH, you run for the next higher office, or re-election, it is a 'sky is falling' someday Al Gorite effect, desiring an affect with the LIV.
"Rep. Judy Barker is a co-sponsor of the measure that got the amendment placed on the ballot. She stated hunting and fishing are activities her family have enjoyed for generations and they are important to the economy. "When you think of all of the motel rooms, boat and ATV dealers, guides, bait shops and restaurants that depend on hunters and fishermen, you see that it's big business, not only in West Tennessee but across the state," said Barker in a press release. "Without even counting the private dollars spent on leasing land by sportsmen, the annual economic impact of hunting and fishing in Tennessee exceeds $2.4 billion." She added that the revenues generated by the purchase of hunting and fishing licenses, along with taxes on related equipment, fund the TWRA almost exclusively.
[See entire article at: http://www.stategazette.com/story/1675237.htm... titled:Voters consider constitutional amendment on hunting and fishing rights Oct. 23, 2010]
"These dollars fund the management of our wildlife and fisheries resources, and they contribute greatly to the open space we all enjoy for not only hunting and fishing, but for hiking, camping, bird-watching and more," said Barker.
One group, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, has voiced opposition to the amendment, which is similar to other legislation being introduced in Arizona, Arkansas and South Carolina. "All of these proposed amendments are frivolous," said ~Ashley Byrne~, PETA senior campaigner. "They also threaten to really clog up the state government and waste time and money. They would open up a flood of political interest groups wanting to make a political statement." Barker stated certain groups have made it clear they are willing to spend tens of millions of dollars to achieve their goal of an outright ban on hunting and fishing, but Byrne said there is no initiative or campaign by PETA to do so in Tennessee. "What we've seen is that the number of people who have an interest in hunting has dropped considerably, because the younger generation prefers to enjoy nature in ways that are non-violent and non-consumptive, so our efforts are more along the lines of education," said Byrne. "When the younger generation learns how destructive and violent hunting is, they want nothing to do with it. Then an amendment is not going to change it one way or another."
Byrne also said the legislation could have negative effects if passed. "I think that it is also important to realize that these amendments can be problematic in a host of other ways, such as to potentially allow felons to obtain firearms because they might say they have a right to hunt," said Byrne. After more than a week of early voting, Dyer County Election Administrator Jane Heathcott said only one person has asked about the amendment. She said poll workers would receive training on Oct. 29 to be able to answer questions about the amendment, should they arise on Election Day."
N ur Face

Knoxville, TN

#9699 May 28, 2014
CONTINUED:
[See related article at: http://archive.wbir.com/news/article/133553/0... titled: Some Tennesseans question need for hunting rights amendment Dated: Sept. 09, 2010]
MUCH ADO About Confuscion
"It doesn't really give people the right to do something they don't already have a right to do," said Leighann McCollum, Tennessee director for the Humane Society of the United States. McCollum said her group is focused on "egregious crimes" such as poaching in Tennessee and other illegal activities, and doesn't have a position on the measure. The push for a constitutional amendment in Tennessee mirrors a national effort involving the National Rifle Association. Similar measures also are on the ballot in Arkansas, South Carolina and Arizona.
Follow The $-
Tennessee's proposed amendment reads: "The citizens of this state shall have the personal right to hunt and fish, subject to reasonable regulations and restriction prescribed by law. "The recognition of this right does not abrogate any private or public property rights, nor does it limit the state's power to regulate commercial activity. Traditional manners and means may be used to take non-threatened species." James F. Blumstein, Vanderbilt University professor of constitutional and health law and policy, doesn't see the language as altering the situation as it exists today. "I don't see how this changes anything," he said. It still allows for government regulation, he said. Larry Hillis, owner of Reloader's Bench, a guns and ammunition store in Mt. Juliet, said he thought the proposal was odd when he first heard about it. But, after he understood from an advocate that the legislature could prohibit hunting and fishing, he grew more favorable. "On the face of it, I think it's a good idea," he said. "I would like to find out more about it before I jump up and down and say I'm for it." Ziegler said he would support an amendment only if it also strengthened property rights to increase penalties for hunters who trespass. He said it's a problem in the countryside. "If you really want this, postpone it, and get some strong legislation that really protects landowners," he said. "They pay a lot more in property taxes than hunters pay in licenses."
hunter

North Ridgeville, OH

#9700 May 28, 2014
new law says cant shoot coons near mailbox at beginning of month.
Jasper

Paris, TN

#9701 May 28, 2014
hunter wrote:
new law says cant shoot coons near mailbox at beginning of month.
Whuts a coon?
GGG

Fayetteville, GA

#9702 May 28, 2014
Jasper wrote:
<quoted text>
Gut or butt?
G.
Jasper

Paris, TN

#9707 May 30, 2014
N ur Face wrote:
CONTINUED:
[See related article at: http://archive.wbir.com/news/article/133553/0... titled: Some Tennesseans question need for hunting rights amendment Dated: Sept. 09, 2010]
MUCH ADO About Confuscion
"It doesn't really give people the right to do something they don't already have a right to do," said Leighann McCollum, Tennessee director for the Humane Society of the United States. McCollum said her group is focused on "egregious crimes" such as poaching in Tennessee and other illegal activities, and doesn't have a position on the measure. The push for a constitutional amendment in Tennessee mirrors a national effort involving the National Rifle Association. Similar measures also are on the ballot in Arkansas, South Carolina and Arizona.
Follow The $-
Tennessee's proposed amendment reads: "The citizens of this state shall have the personal right to hunt and fish, subject to reasonable regulations and restriction prescribed by law. "The recognition of this right does not abrogate any private or public property rights, nor does it limit the state's power to regulate commercial activity. Traditional manners and means may be used to take non-threatened species." James F. Blumstein, Vanderbilt University professor of constitutional and health law and policy, doesn't see the language as altering the situation as it exists today. "I don't see how this changes anything," he said. It still allows for government regulation, he said. Larry Hillis, owner of Reloader's Bench, a guns and ammunition store in Mt. Juliet, said he thought the proposal was odd when he first heard about it. But, after he understood from an advocate that the legislature could prohibit hunting and fishing, he grew more favorable. "On the face of it, I think it's a good idea," he said. "I would like to find out more about it before I jump up and down and say I'm for it." Ziegler said he would support an amendment only if it also strengthened property rights to increase penalties for hunters who trespass. He said it's a problem in the countryside. "If you really want this, postpone it, and get some strong legislation that really protects landowners," he said. "They pay a lot more in property taxes than hunters pay in licenses."
Property is theft -- Proudhon
acid

United States

#9708 Jun 8, 2014
Hunting is a way to eat
Had it

Milan, TN

#9710 Jun 26, 2014
I'm with you
Mason

United States

#9711 Jun 26, 2014
Gun rights !
Festus

Paris, TN

#9712 Jun 26, 2014
Mason wrote:
Gun rights !
Guns should have rights!
TN Voter

Matthews, NC

#9713 Jun 26, 2014
If ya gonna kill it you'd better grill it!

Hunting should be for eating, not just to grab a rifle and kill an animal for the fun of it. If you're going to do that, then let's put some sport into it... Go grab a bear and see if you can kill him without your gun.. If you can.... Keep him... If not... Well looks like you get eaten!!!
Sara

Weaverville, NC

#9714 Jun 27, 2014
Exactly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beverly that lived on Asbury glimp road 13 year... 2 hr Thomas 3
Murder back in the 70s (Jul '07) 16 hr The Rogue 197
Anyone know the Memphis chat line number? (Mar '07) 16 hr willie 136
Yorkie Puppy Breeder Thu wherewolf 5
Are there any safe places for tourists in Memphis? (Jul '09) Thu PistolPackinPimpP... 48
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Jim Jones 19,549
Ripley, TN Couple Say They're Being Stalked By ... (Nov '10) Nov '14 TeamSammie12 83
Henning Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Henning People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Henning News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Henning

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:16 pm PST

Bleacher Report10:16PM