church foreclosure; memphis church fo...

church foreclosure; memphis church foreclosure; solid rock fore...

There are 138 comments on the WREG story from Feb 22, 2010, titled church foreclosure; memphis church foreclosure; solid rock fore.... In it, WREG reports that:

The days of easy credit are taking its toll on the most sacred of borrowers. Hundreds of churches are in foreclosure or fighting off foreclosure proceedings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Just Human

Cordova, TN

#126 Mar 3, 2010
Bertha Hyman wrote:
Judgement day is coming to all, be careful what you do and what you say but most importantly, NEVER FORGET THOSE who have been of HELP to you. I attend Solid Rock and I really don't know much about Apostle and Lady T, but the few things that I do know is that, my family and I joined Solid Rock June 27th 2005 and was welcomed in by Apostle, Lady T and all the Care Pastors with open arms and so much love. No, every experience at Solid Rock has not been a good one but MAJORITY OVER RULES! A Church built on LOVE, when you walk in the church LOVE OVER TAKES YOU! The members there just LOVE on ya. I don't know much about Lady T, but what I do know is that Apostle often talked about how when he met her, "SHE" was having her home built from the ground up, this was back at the first Solid Rock where there was no such thing as "ALL THESE MEMBERS". Lady T, was already a young homeowner prior to having her 2nd home built. I do know that Apostle was a GREAT ACCESS to her dentistry and because they put their gifts together, GOD BLESSED their business and because of the BLESSINGS that GOD BESTOWED UPON their BUSINESS they were BLESSED with bigger and better homes, cars etc. I do know that all of the things that they consumed were gotten before the new church was built in 2008. I too feel like some of the other readers that some of the information that is being released are from people that these people held close to heart and shared information with, because myself and husband as members NEVER KNEW of any of these accusations and neither do we CARE even at this point. Why? because we all are humans and we all fall short. I am reminded of the year 1998 through 2001, in previous years before that my husband and I would HEAR about others in church that were having marital issuses and we would come and talk about those folks so bad, laugh at them and say all kind of ugly low down stuff about them, but one day, the very same thing that we once laughed about had no pity for, showed NO REMORSE towards, came knocking at our door and GOD KNOWS, I ALMOST DIED! from 289 pounds to 162pounds. I am saying this people of GOD, the VERY THING that we put our mouth on is coming back to get us! SOME WILL SURVIVE! but MOST WILL DIE IN IT! So what if somethings have happened that has caused the church to reach foreclosure or bankruptcy...DO WE tare down or BUILD UP! Everybody makes mistakes, Everybody! but when you make a mistake does that mean that you will NEVER LEARN from your mistake! People remember this one thing, yes today is Solid Day but one day it could be your day and today just may be your day! Apostle and Lady T has helped a lot of people, myself for one. They allowed me to do what I know no other church would have done to help promote my business, but if they had never done anything! BE VERY CAREFUL of ALL ACTIONS! WE ALL REAP WHAT WE SOW! SOW some kind words and WISE WORDS of WISDOM today, GOD IS A FORGIVING GOD! CAN WE JUST TRUST that GOD REALLY WANTS US TO BE like him and LOVE EVERYBODY!
I could not have said this better..
Just stopping by

Collierville, TN

#127 Mar 4, 2010
You people are too much. HeHe.
omg

Memphis, TN

#128 Mar 5, 2010
exactly im lmbo....hahahahahaha!!!!!! lol! at the end of the day cuz who realy cares.. what people think...hehehehe..
OMG 2

Collierville, TN

#129 Mar 6, 2010
omg wrote:
exactly im lmbo....hahahahahaha!!!!!! lol! at the end of the day cuz who realy cares.. what people think...hehehehe..
you really care, or did you forget, from out of nowhere you passed 97 comments and went straight to attacking one person that had nothing to do with the situation, so you really care what people think, hehehe!
lightningrod

Cicero, IN

#130 Apr 5, 2010
has anyone taken notice of the little verse in scripture that tells us that our bodies are the temple of the holy spirit? we have direct relationship with christ right there. in the new testament, that is the only church that is described...
Adrienne

Memphis, TN

#131 May 11, 2010
First and formost to all above who have stated something negative in regards to the Anderson family, I bind the spirit of messiness up right now in the name of the most high.. Apostle does NOT take a salary from the church at all..everything that he and his wife do is with love and kindness and from their family practice... the members arent playin the bills.. their dental practice is what keeps us rollin... Kevin learn all your facts before u start through numbers out there....
SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE U

Memphis, TN

#132 Aug 10, 2010
Kevin wrote:
I saw the story and I feel for the members. The only thing I have seen the Non-Denominational Church do, is make the Pastor rich.
I can't feel sorry for Bill and Tonya Anderson because a large part of their income is about to fade away with the loss of his Church, or should I say his wife's Church...(Read on)...I'm sure it was a good ride while it lasted. I just hope she didn't put the Dental Practice up as collateral when Tonya Lyons-Anderson and Theodore Lyons signed for that $2.9 million dollar loan that the story is talking about, thats right Pastor Anderson didn't sign for that loan. He did sign for the $800,000 bond deal that was paid off, and he did secure a 1 million dollar loan that was refinanced in the 2.9 million dollar deal his wife signed for, and he and his wife did buy the $400,000 home in Collierville that they sold after they bought the $2.2 million dollar home they live in now in Germantown. See why I can't feel sorry for the Preacher Man living high on the hog off him members offerings. I know his wife has a good Dental Practice, but the Church was paying for most of their high living. I hope they had a plan B.
I'm so sick and tired of people like you who think they know everything. People like you need to just shut up. You don't know what you are talking about AT ALL. Apostle Anderson never took a salary at that church. In fact, they put over $250,000 of their personal assets in the church. The neighborhood where the church is located is not affluent by any stretch of the imagination. That's why you look stupid when you suggest that the church's offering plate is any part of their income, let along a large part? People like you will burn in hell for touching the Lord's annointed! You have so many facts and figures, where are they when in comes to showing that he ever took one thin dime from that church? Punks and cowards like you can only speak your mind in a forum such is this! Where you can hide!

Since: Jan 11

Los Angeles, CA

#133 Jan 7, 2011
Kevin wrote:
I hope they had a plan B.
The massive lawsuit against Wells Fargo / Wachovia, Indymac / OneWest bank, Citibank, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, GMAC..........can actually, not only put a stop to your foreclosure, but also pause your house payments with no loss to you..........
https://sites.google.com/site/sueyourlenderno...
updates

Gadsden, AL

#134 Feb 8, 2011
was wondering if there were any updates concerning the foreclosure of solid rock. i left memphis years ago and i once attended this church. hope they were able to keep it.
Crazy People

Memphis, TN

#135 Apr 14, 2011
That church is still under foreclosure and they have brought BACK BILL ANDERSON and kicked OUT the new pastor!!! These people are crazy.... They are going under. The funny part is the church left with the new pastor because they refuse to continue under Bill and Tonya Anderson who clearly don't know what they are doing. It is nothing but the devil! I bet Lady T is pissing in her pants for what she has gotten herself into now.
Knowledge

United States

#136 Apr 20, 2011
I heard that Bill Anderson started a new church "The Birth Church". Is he at both churches?
Crazy People

Laconia, TN

#137 Apr 25, 2011
Yes he started a new church but he is now the chairman at Solid Rock. LOl! They had videos of the board meeting going around via email at one point. I don't know what they are doing now but I do know that a lot of Solid Rock members have joined a new church.
landlglobal

Las Vegas, NV

#138 Apr 27, 2011
Are you looking to make 1000-5000 per month or more? You can by selling Health plans to Small business owners for their family and employees. High commission and great residual income. We have many plans to choose from. All you need is to visit small business owners and show them our plans. They can also get tax credit for offering health plans to their employees.( must consult with their CPA) Check out the website and let us know if you are interested.

http://gin.awisima.com/ http://gin.familycareima.com/
There are 60 million Americans without health care coverage and the numbers are constantly growing rapidly. The cost of health insurance is increasing while the benefits are decreasing. Family Care provides low cost high quality healthcare plans to give you peace of mind. Coverage for you and your entire family is as low as $99.95/month. NO social security is required and NO health questions asked.
memyselfandI

Memphis, TN

#139 Jul 20, 2011
VERY Enlightening Kevin! While I'm a firm beleiver that God's children CAN & SHOULD be prosperous, it should not be to the deficit of his OTHER children / the children He's placed under their care. I can't say that I feel sorry for them either. As far as dental practices go, doesn't unemployment & poverty affect health benefits? The math on THIS deal is KINDA scary....
The bible says way more about suffering for Christ than it does about being financially prosperous.Jesus hated money,all ya gotta do is read.Large amounts of christians blinded by prosperity doctrine paves the road for these pastors to ripoff the churches.
Every where you see financial abuse in the churches sexual infedility or homosexuality doesn't seem to be far behind.
memyselfandI

Memphis, TN

#140 Jul 20, 2011
SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE U wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so sick and tired of people like you who think they know everything. People like you need to just shut up. You don't know what you are talking about AT ALL. Apostle Anderson never took a salary at that church. In fact, they put over $250,000 of their personal assets in the church. The neighborhood where the church is located is not affluent by any stretch of the imagination. That's why you look stupid when you suggest that the church's offering plate is any part of their income, let along a large part? People like you will burn in hell for touching the Lord's annointed! You have so many facts and figures, where are they when in comes to showing that he ever took one thin dime from that church? Punks and cowards like you can only speak your mind in a forum such is this! Where you can hide!
Still u can't just label people 'annointed',that's your opinion
and u got homos,thieves ,shysters and God only knows what else deceiving people because their followers label them annointed.How are they annointed and u or I or not?If you foul u should be called out and not able to hide behind any kind of arbitrary label
your supporters place on you.If you are innocent you shouldn't be falsely accused.Do you know how many crooks and false teachers in this city are called annointed ,deceiving people while deceived people say don't question what they do-they are ANNOINTED?
memyselfandI

Memphis, TN

#141 Jul 20, 2011
If you pay millions in church funds to shut up allegations of homosexuality,and u were annointed-do you lose your annointing or is it yours no matter what u do?Some times u gotta do more thinking than talking.
memyselfandI

Memphis, TN

#142 Jul 21, 2011
who="Lynne"I know my comment isn't going to be met with favor, but when did having a multi-million dollar building(s) become a necessity for worship? Church services can be held under a tree. Outdoor worship services have existed throughout time. No, it’s not necessarily convenient or practical but neither is foreclosure.
I really hate to hear that so many churches are in danger of foreclosure or have already been foreclosed on, but maybe they should practice the concept of living BENEATH their means that way when times are hard they'll be better prepared to weather the storm.
You don’t need a multi-million dollar house of worship to prove your devotion to your faith.]
The lust of the flesh,and thelust of the eyes,and the pride of life,are not from the father,but are of the world.The enemy uses these things to destroy us.No one is immune.Even preachers who do good have a wordly desire to have a bigger building.(Materialism) Why would you want a church so large that you can't personally know each member you pastor to? Maybe you could micromanage your pastoring.I know a fella that brags on what his 'Apostle?????' and 'first lady'(worldly govt term-no biblical foundation) say ,but never has had a conversation with either of them.
SUNSHINE

Arlington, TN

#143 Dec 31, 2013
I totally agreed. all the poor people but yet all the big churches, taking in the money, pastors living high on the hog and the congregation starving, homeless. What is happening? This is Pimp City.
Lynne wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you make an excellent point. Maybe the problem is that there are simply too many churches and not enough people to attend and support their existence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 7 hr cathouse cowboy 10,718
Poll add a word drop a word (Jul '13) 7 hr cathouse cowboy 215
Dickens Discussions (Sep '11) 10 hr what a russsh 7,041
Nathan Bedford Forrest 12 hr citizenwithealthcare 7
Nucor accident 03/18/2015 16 hr Runoutboy 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr No Justice 20,064
The Dukes of Hazzard 20 hr ole skool 3
More from around the web

Henning People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Henning Mortgages