First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Believer

United States

#21 Dec 22, 2013
dude wrote:
<quoted text>Then AZZHOLE I assume I can say what I want to too. Gambling is a sin in the same Bible he spouts off about, but I guess its OK as long as you are making money off of it. It took years to get the lottery approved because of church folks nut now that its "LEGAL " its OK. Thats how society will feel about gay marriage 20 years from now. What one generation tolerates the next generation celebrates
It's better to be thought a fool than speak up and remove all doubt. you just proved that.
dude

Medina, TN

#22 Dec 22, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text> It's better to be thought a fool than speak up and remove all doubt. you just proved that.
It hurts to have someone put you on the hot seat doesnt it. Gambling is a sin and you know it and Duck Dynasty is participating in it. Its not the sin of bthe month like gay , but its still a sin. I bet you have a lot of sin in your life as well as I do
dude

Medina, TN

#23 Dec 22, 2013
Hey Believer, what exactly do you believe ?
Country Boy

Ripley, TN

#24 Dec 23, 2013
dude wrote:
<quoted text>Then AZZHOLE I assume I can say what I want to too. Gambling is a sin in the same Bible he spouts off about, but I guess its OK as long as you are making money off of it. It took years to get the lottery approved because of church folks nut now that its "LEGAL " its OK. Thats how society will feel about gay marriage 20 years from now. What one generation tolerates the next generation celebrates
If homosexual marriage is allowed then there can't be any limits on who can get married. Otherwise you'll be just like the "homophobes" of today. In fact a judge in Utah has already struck down a law that prohibited polygamy. After all, if you change the definition of marriage to two men/women, then it just stands to reason the state can't prohibit a man/woman marrying two or more partners. After all, if "we love each other" is the test then who can say no?
alan

Maringouin, LA

#25 Dec 24, 2013
dude wrote:
its not 20 years from now but today we are talking about you fruit cake!if you prefer male parts to womens go for it but most of us don't!
dude

Medina, TN

#26 Dec 24, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>its not 20 years from now but today we are talking about you fruit cake!if you prefer male parts to womens go for it but most of us don't!
I am very straight. My point is church folks get all fired up about something until its made legal then they drop it. Case in point, Baptists all over the state fought the lottery. The lottery became legal and then Christian schools started taking lottery money. If you were against it before you should not take the money now. So the so called Christian zealots have already softened on gambling because its "for the kids " That is the same way they will be about gays or illegal drugs too...just wait...I will say it again what one generation tolerates the next generation celebrates. My second point is, Where are all you folks on Sunday. You sure arent at church by the attendance
Country Boy

Ripley, TN

#27 Dec 25, 2013
dude wrote:
<quoted text>I am very straight. My point is church folks get all fired up about something until its made legal then they drop it. Case in point, Baptists all over the state fought the lottery. The lottery became legal and then Christian schools started taking lottery money. If you were against it before you should not take the money now. So the so called Christian zealots have already softened on gambling because its "for the kids " That is the same way they will be about gays or illegal drugs too...just wait...I will say it again what one generation tolerates the next generation celebrates. My second point is, Where are all you folks on Sunday. You sure arent at church by the attendance
A person can have morals without being a church- goer. And what Christian schools are taking lottery money? Source. And I don't know any Christians who have "softened" on gambling just b/c of the lottery. It's the law so fighting it seems pointless.
coon hunter

Ripley, TN

#28 Dec 25, 2013
Go to istandwithphil.com and let a&e know that we believe in freedom of speech.
dude

Medina, TN

#29 Dec 25, 2013
Country Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can have morals without being a church- goer. And what Christian schools are taking lottery money? Source. And I don't know any Christians who have "softened" on gambling just b/c of the lottery. It's the law so fighting it seems pointless.
Read your Blble like Phil and you will see good morals dont get you to Heaven. A lot of good moral folks are living in hell right now. The Bible says toassemble yourselves and Jesus main command was to go through the world evangelizing and baptising. Thats hard to do from home. As far as Christian schools , check their websites about financial aid. Abortion is the law and folks fight it every day so your points are useless. Country boys dont know everything
Country Boy

Ripley, TN

#30 Dec 26, 2013
dude wrote:
<quoted text>Read your Blble like Phil and you will see good morals dont get you to Heaven. A lot of good moral folks are living in hell right now. The Bible says toassemble yourselves and Jesus main command was to go through the world evangelizing and baptising. Thats hard to do from home. As far as Christian schools , check their websites about financial aid. Abortion is the law and folks fight it every day so your points are useless. Country boys dont know everything
Did I say "good morals" would get you in Heaven? NO! How about reading my post? I said people can be opposed to gambling w/o being a religious person! Just as a person can be against pre-marital sex w/o being a church goer.

By the way, abortion is a lot different than the lottery. Abortion is the taking of a life. Next time read my post before you embarrass yourself.
Reverend

Montgomery, AL

#31 Dec 26, 2013
God made Adam and Eve different so man would procreate and flourish. Adam and Steve just wouldn't get the job done.

Jackson, TN

#32 Jan 1, 2014
The comments about the lottery ticket with Duck Dynasty has nothing to do with Phil. Duck Dynasty is an AE product. Duck Commander is the Robertson's. Any product that has the Duck Dynasty logo comes from AE. When you buy from Duck Commander, then you are dealing with the Robertson family. The lottery ticket is not supported by Duck Commander.
buckwheat

Milan, TN

#33 Jan 1, 2014
guest wrote:
The comments about the lottery ticket with Duck Dynasty has nothing to do with Phil. Duck Dynasty is an AE product. Duck Commander is the Robertson's. Any product that has the Duck Dynasty logo comes from AE. When you buy from Duck Commander, then you are dealing with the Robertson family. The lottery ticket is not supported by Duck Commander.
Then why didn't Phil deounce the lottery like he has every thing else. He should have made a stand against A & E about it too. I am pretty sure you dont know about all the business dealings of the Robertsons
Hermit

Cosby, TN

#34 Jan 2, 2014
Where exactly in the Bible does it say gambling is a sin?
buckwheat

Jackson, TN

#35 Jan 2, 2014
Hermit wrote:
Where exactly in the Bible does it say gambling is a sin?
The same places is says being gay is sin.
Fact

Philadelphia, PA

#36 Jan 2, 2014
fact wrote:
They can't leave because they are under contract.
you obviously didn't read my last sentence after you posted under me. Take a re look, I said they have enough money to buy themselves out of any contract. If you don't think they do you're delusional. Contracts are bought out & broken everyday in the business world my friend.
buckwheat

Milan, TN

#38 Jan 8, 2014
misb wrote:
I think PR has the right to speak his mind the same as or I and I am sure the interviewer knew he was setting Phil up with these questions . I think its discraseful . Everyone un the American worlds knew how Phil felt about this subject . I think everyone involved in this farce should be ashamed . This man lives by the bible he is old school . He has a right to his beliefs . That was what this country was founded on . I do not pretend to judge any one gay or straight they have to work it out with god in the end . I do know several gay people and they are great people . I hold nothing against them .
If you held something against them then you would be GAY
AMEN

United States

#41 Jan 17, 2014
Preach

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#42 Jan 18, 2014
dude, have tried to give you several positive notes to your post.

the Holy Bible , God says what is, we do not judge or hate people, it is what we are taught by Him. it is their and anyone who sin's behavior. we are known by our fruits-our behaviors...
Hanty Christ

Canyon Country, CA

#43 Jan 19, 2014
We do have the freedom of speech. However, A&E also has freedom of speech (or in this case not to speak). It directly violated their non-discrimination agreement they had with A&E. A&E can't let that air because they will lose viewers and sponsors. Kind of like the Don Imus incident. Phil has the right to say anything he wants in private, but if he is going to remain a face on a network, he is going to have to censor it. Think of it like a workplace environment, you couldn't get away with saying racial slurs in a professional environment. He was acting as a representative of the network, and is under any agreements HE AGREED TO. Oh but guess what, A&E knows how to rial up the DD viewers, and i guarantee they premiered to record numbers because of this. There is no such thing as bad publicity. A&E won, the people will watch until DD is squeezed for every last penny. It's just a show, it won't matter when they get taken off the air in a few years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 4 min Alex Nicole 10,921
Poll add a word drop a word (Jul '13) 12 min Intrepid Surfer 408
Drop a Word/Add a Word (Mar '12) 28 min Pennie Lane 1,145
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Rinse Poobus 20,109
Dickens Discussions (Sep '11) 1 hr Alex Nicole 7,319
victims and survivors of school bullying in lau... (Mar '11) Tue Really now 83
Memphis Night Life 80s (Jun '11) Sep 1 Tsschmidt 90
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henning Mortgages