Logan-A Dead End Town
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Take a Look Around You

Chesapeake, OH

#1 Aug 31, 2013
Can someone tell me what Logan has to offer to its people. I mean honestly. Think about it. Plenty of dope, plenty of hookers, a piss poor educational system and a town full of empty buildings. Coal industry is shutting down, people flocking to the welfare office. Downtown looks like a scene off the Walking Dead. Do a survey, I challenge you, the next time you're in town take a look around and see how many professional people you see walking the streets of Logan versus thugs/dopies and winos. Don't mean to be Debbie downer but I think my observations are spot on. And yes, you do have it other places but its exceptionally more abundant in Logan. Get out while you can. Young people especially, leave and never look back!!
Local Man

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Aug 31, 2013
Downtown is now at Walmart. Lots of undesirables have replaced the good old people that use to travel to town. The Steak House, Franklins Dairy, G.C. Murphy, and the Greyhound Bus Station are all a memory. The new Logan is a lot different. Leave while you can!
Ralph

Hurricane, WV

#3 Aug 31, 2013
Logan looked the same way back in the 1950's.
It was harder to get out then since there was no corridor G.
My advice is to run away as fast as you can to someplace where there is a future.
begone

United States

#4 Aug 31, 2013
If you don't like it then leave! It's that simple, but don't bash the place I love! Yes I agree druggies are bad, and something needs to be done about it, but putting down our home and the place most if us have called home our whole lives, does nothing but stereotype us and bring us down. There are two options; LEAVE or HELP CLEAN IT UP! Don't waste time sitting there bashing it, get out or get out and do something!
telling it like it is

Charleston, WV

#5 Aug 31, 2013
begone wrote:
If you don't like it then leave! It's that simple, but don't bash the place I love! Yes I agree druggies are bad, and something needs to be done about it, but putting down our home and the place most if us have called home our whole lives, does nothing but stereotype us and bring us down. There are two options; LEAVE or HELP CLEAN IT UP! Don't waste time sitting there bashing it, get out or get out and do something!
i agree with you.

if these burnouts are unhappy with logan, they need to try to improve it rather than cry about how much worse it is than other places. have they never realized they are the reason it's so bad? i've always heard that if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. if these cry babies moved to some other town, how long do you think it would be before they turned their new town into a community just like logan?
Just me

Bristol, TN

#6 Aug 31, 2013
Take a Look Around You wrote:
Can someone tell me what Logan has to offer to its people. I mean honestly. Think about it. Plenty of dope, plenty of hookers, a piss poor educational system and a town full of empty buildings. Coal industry is shutting down, people flocking to the welfare office. Downtown looks like a scene off the Walking Dead. Do a survey, I challenge you, the next time you're in town take a look around and see how many professional people you see walking the streets of Logan versus thugs/dopies and winos. Don't mean to be Debbie downer but I think my observations are spot on. And yes, you do have it other places but its exceptionally more abundant in Logan. Get out while you can. Young people especially, leave and never look back!!
I can't understand why people like you always try to push your opinion on others....it's ur opinion that logan has nothing to offer...I'm not saying logan is perfect but if you can't see anything positive for logan county then please get ur shit and get out
Bill

Charleston, WV

#7 Sep 1, 2013
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't understand why people like you always try to push your opinion on others....it's ur opinion that logan has nothing to offer...I'm not saying logan is perfect but if you can't see anything positive for logan county then please get ur shit and get out
Please stop trying to persuade these people to move. This type of person is usually the people that have the blank expression on their faces that start frequenting the post offices about the 26th of each month, hoping their check might arrive early. These people need to stay where they are, other areas don't need contaminated by these lackadaisical losers.
2 posts removed
Bill

Charleston, WV

#10 Sep 1, 2013
These people probably never supported their high school sports teams when they were in high school, if they even went to high school.

60 years ago these same people could have gotten a job as the assistant to Tokyo Rose or Axis Annie and wouldn't have had any problems at all with their conscience.
Teddy

Charleston, WV

#11 Sep 3, 2013
Nobody makes anybody live anyplace, so if you hate it so much, get out and your problem will be solved.
Angie

Charleston, WV

#12 Sep 6, 2013
There are people that can prosper and be happy anywhere, then there are others that can't make it or be happy anywhere.

“Woof!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#13 Sep 6, 2013
Angie?
Bubba

Cottageville, WV

#14 Sep 6, 2013
Bill wrote:
These people probably never supported their high school sports teams when they were in high school, if they even went to high school.
60 years ago these same people could have gotten a job as the assistant to Tokyo Rose or Axis Annie and wouldn't have had any problems at all with their conscience.
What the hell does that have to do with anything? I could maybe understand if you said "didn't support their congregation," but high school sports teams??? You must have been on one, or had a kid in one. If it's neither, then it's pretty weird for you to even care after getting out of high school.
Bill

Oakvale, WV

#15 Sep 6, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell does that have to do with anything? I could maybe understand if you said "didn't support their congregation," but high school sports teams??? You must have been on one, or had a kid in one. If it's neither, then it's pretty weird for you to even care after getting out of high school.
This proves my point, exactly....

I can understand you not understanding.
jiminy crickett

Princeton, WV

#16 Sep 6, 2013
Take a Look Around You wrote:
what hollow have you been stuck in and which rock have you been hiding under? its been this way since the mid 90s.
jiminy crickett

Princeton, WV

#17 Sep 6, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
1. "support their congregation"...... how the hell is giving money to the church going to make the pill heads go away? a medication rapture? how does anyone believe giving money to a church through tithes is going to get them to a mythical place after they die...

hmmmmmmmmm.

alright, i am now accepting percentages of everyones gross yearly income from now until death to ensure all your souls have a place in narnia, or any other make believe place you would like to stay eternity.

might as well make a buck like the preachers and priests have been doing for centuries.
Bubba

Cottageville, WV

#18 Sep 6, 2013
jiminy crickett wrote:
<quoted text>1. "support their congregation"...... how the hell is giving money to the church going to make the pill heads go away? a medication rapture? how does anyone believe giving money to a church through tithes is going to get them to a mythical place after they die...
hmmmmmmmmm.
alright, i am now accepting percentages of everyones gross yearly income from now until death to ensure all your souls have a place in narnia, or any other make believe place you would like to stay eternity.
might as well make a buck like the preachers and priests have been doing for centuries.
You need a therapist. Most people go to church for the company of other people, not a seat in a mythical afterlife.
same ol same ol

Princeton, WV

#19 Oct 31, 2013
We are getting just what we vote for. same ol, same ol. you must like it, you keep the same ones.
taxpayer

Charleston, WV

#20 Nov 1, 2013
I am sure you have heard the saying that "One person can make a difference"? well that is true but it is very very difficult for that one person to try and make a change for the better when politics won't let them make a change, and in order for change to happen politica and citizens alike is going to have to come together and want the same thing (Change) and from the looks of things change isnt going to happen anytime soon.
True Hillbilly

Charleston, WV

#21 Nov 1, 2013
Logan is starting to look better. If you really don't like it then leave!
taxpayer

Charleston, WV

#22 Nov 1, 2013
I cant see where one new building will make Logan look better or the old building by the fire department being torn down will make a change either I would say its a start in the right direction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henlawson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wildcat Boys Basketball 11 min Hilarious 127
thieves steal $10,000 merchandise 18 min Orphelius Pontiac 2
Any information on Aaron Maynard is appreciated :) 1 hr Translation please 3
Congratulations to the CRHS Boys Basketball Team 1 hr Old Cat 4
Shannon Finley 3 hr Curious Male 2
Who is the greatest Logan High School Boys Bask... (Jul '09) 5 hr Old man 146
Jonathan and pam 10 hr Pam 10

Henlawson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance