cutting food stamps
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
obuma

United States

#1 Oct 22, 2013
30% cut in nov maybe more later i new this had to be we need money in washington....
IRA

Elkview, WV

#2 Oct 22, 2013
I think a 30% cut will hurt the poor people, the ones that need the food stamps...US needs to create jobs, and job training for anybody that receives government assistance, if they are able to work! You work for what you receive, not just get a hand-out!
liberal feelings

United States

#3 Oct 22, 2013
Typical of conservatives taking away from the poor while they fatten their wallets!
the wolf

Spencer, WV

#4 Oct 23, 2013
well there were never jobs here in the 80's there were no scab mines here all union lol if you want to call them that' so i had a family was on welfare for a year'they put me working 25 hrs a week at a road crew flaging'i thought heck with this so i moved to newportnews va' got a job 3 day's later stayed there '25yrs no work move if you want to work'most have it easy i never heard about the crazy or lazy check freebe' ppl are doing now i always thought you had to turn 65 to get that'ppl have it made now thats why there not going anywere'but its all closeing down now wate and see..
bum finder

Cottageville, WV

#5 Oct 23, 2013
cutting more then that hud is gone within a year' most federal programs the debt is 27 zillion'now all this will be ct unless your over 65 like this started out to be' there weeding out the bums' just bc mom and dad lived that way dont mean you will'this will shock the states but it has to happen.
No More

Charleston, WV

#6 Oct 23, 2013
they will cut out all WIC programs beginning Nov 1 this means no more wheat bread milk and baby formula for the kids what will they do no work either damn shame the government has let this happen those babies are innocent but let one of the big ones do without for 6 months and there kids go hungry they would be bytching also
Really

Charleston, WV

#7 Oct 23, 2013
No More wrote:
they will cut out all WIC programs beginning Nov 1 this means no more wheat bread milk and baby formula for the kids what will they do no work either damn shame the government has let this happen those babies are innocent but let one of the big ones do without for 6 months and there kids go hungry they would be bytching also
When did it become my responsibility to feed your kid? It's my tax dollars. The only person that pays for my kids food is ME!
well

Logan, WV

#8 Oct 24, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
When did it become my responsibility to feed your kid? It's my tax dollars. The only person that pays for my kids food is ME!
these are innocent you are talking about ignorant...think about how many children will be going hungry, every time your kids take a bite, just think of the little one's that are crying because they can't have a bite, hope you know you aren't a man/woman acting this way, if you don't have to get assistance to feed your kids, then thank GOD for it, you don't want your tax dollars feeding the less fortunate, well your tax dollars are feeding Obama's kids, what do you say about that? I would rather my tax dollars feed some child that actually needs it, then some kid that just wants something, some kids have to eat what they can get not what they want, and If you read closely I am only speaking of children here, adults can fend for themselves, this a harsh thing to say, leave little innocent children alone and go pick on the bigger issue's of the country....THey can all my tax dollars and feed the little children!!!!!
Taxpayer

Bluefield, WV

#9 Oct 24, 2013
If they want to make cuts how about cutting out the free welfare cellular phones. This outrages me, I work my butt off and for what? So some lazy ass bum can get a free cell phone! Whoever started this program should be beat. I don't have a problem with feeding the poor but I do have a problem with providing cell phones, a cell phone is not a necessity. I also think that they should drug test people who get foodstamps. The ones on drugs just sell their foodstamp card for drugs anyway. I've been approached at walmart several times by people wanting to pay for my groceries with their foodstamp card for cash. I have always declined & tell them to take their card & buy food for their kids instead of a pill to stick up their nose. These druggies on foodstamps are not spending these funds on food for their kids anyway, they are trading it for drugs. Wasn't that the whole point of going to the card so they couldn't sell them so easily? Yet again the druggies out smarted the government. Maybe we should put them in office. They seem to know every trick in the book.
Bible

Buffalo, WV

#10 Oct 24, 2013
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. II Thessalonians 3:10

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. Genesis 3:17-19

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:31-33
bite me

Dunbar, WV

#11 Oct 24, 2013
what i dont understand is ppl who get 4 and 500 dollars in foodstamps' you see them on tv at the food bank'dont they check these ppl out what are they doing with all these stamps' i could live two months on 500 if i got them with wife and one kid.we dont eat high on the hog' its save alot or bust....
bite me

Dunbar, WV

#12 Oct 24, 2013
but the banks will be packed in nov when they get that cut' i hear hud is taking a hit also.
jim

Avondale, WV

#13 Oct 26, 2013
i say alot of riots will happen when they cut these
No More

Charleston, WV

#14 Oct 26, 2013
people better get obama impeached because if martial law takes affect he will be there for the duration and obama care has the RDIF chip in it you gotta take it before you can go to the hospital better strike obama care down google martial law president and google RDIF chip obama care it will tell you go to you tube and they show you where it will go in, this chip also causes cancer
a thought

Mayer, MN

#15 Oct 27, 2013
the chip is in the bible its called 666 mark of the beast'cant buy or sell without it' he is the antichrist he was born in kenya and a muslum' pulling the wool over everone's eyes.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#16 Oct 27, 2013
Good grief! The cut is NOT 30%. The cut will amount to about $36 per month for a family of 4 who average $670 to $700 stamps per month now. So what if they can't buy that jumbo bag of chips a week and those 2 frozen pizzas! GET A JOB and feed your kids out of your own damn money! My opinion, they need to cut way more than 36 damn dollars!!!
smith

Charleston, WV

#17 Oct 28, 2013
this is a start 60 bucks next month'wait till hud gets choped thats on the block anderson cooper
have a heart

Logan, WV

#18 Oct 28, 2013
Listen I get that we all pay taxes and some of those tax dollars are used for public assistance! I just don't get how some of you cold hearted people honestly can be so unkind to another human especially children! Their are all sorts of people who work hard every single day maybe they just make minimum wage which isn't enough to support a family these days. Maybe they are a single parent or a parent of a child who is ill or disabled and their only choices is to do their absolute best and its still not enough to feed their child/children! I pay taxes and have paid tons in taxes since I was working at 16 years old and never have I been so cold hearted to ever be able to justify being inhuman! I know their are druggies out there and probable do sale or do illegal things with their benefits , but the little kids still need to eat even with a drug addicted parent. The world has became so cruel and uncaring for others and its a shame! Have a heart people and stop being so selfish your tax dollars pay for far more than just welfare and food stamps!!
liberal feelings

Spencer, WV

#19 Oct 29, 2013
They don't care about cutting some huge corporations benefits, tax breaks, or making them pay taxes or bailing them out.
But starve those poor kids to death!
Damned republicans!
danny

United States

#20 Oct 29, 2013
just need to weed those that can work out'theres jobs in other states'ppl just are scared to move or work' heck i had to leave you do what you got to

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henlawson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Married man cheats on spouse 8 min In town 1
Charli Walden post magically disappeared 9 min Figureditout 10
Looking (Dec '14) 34 min GSD 3
Patrice Mounts 54 min Wow 5
Keep Steven Daniels away from children. 55 min Petty 22
Pine street people are a pos 1 hr John is a pos 1
tabatha meade (Jan '17) 1 hr Shanyyyy 2

Henlawson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance