Coalville misses the boom - The Park ...

Coalville misses the boom - The Park Record

There are 55 comments on the Park Record story from Mar 15, 2011, titled Coalville misses the boom - The Park Record. In it, Park Record reports that:

As most cities in the area grew in the past decade, new Census data showed a once proud mining town near the northern edge of Summit County is smaller.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Park Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Right Winger

Kamas, UT

#41 Mar 18, 2011
Hmmm wrote:
Lower Case Dave, it appears you were too clever for Snowbound to figure out.
To educate Snowbound: "Mute" should have been "moot." And "Poor" should have been "pour."
And from my reading the posts, it appeared more people from Coalville were acting elitist against Park City then the other way around. Pot ... kettle ... black ...

Yes we are the elistist for defending our religion and the way of life that we enjoy and there is no comparison to the people in Park City vs Coalville. A good example of why I stay out of that town therefore avoiding such logic. PS- Park Record, if you did a poll you may find out that Coalville citizens are not to dissappointed with our area. Yes, there are some that leave to get ahead with a career, but for the most part we like our country and work to preserve it. The greed in Park City has gotten the best of a once decent town.
Right Winger

Kamas, UT

#42 Mar 18, 2011
PS: You all might want to take a look at ag commodity prices these days if you really think that we missed the "boom". Those tailings lots aint selling like they used to anymore.
Bob_Derber_Park_ Meadows

Draper, UT

#43 Mar 19, 2011
Bummed at the trash talk - enjoy both areas. Wish we could do more together - my kids could use a little ag intelligence - and not just at the County Fair. Maybe there's something here [PC] that's a good fit to trade.

Since: Jan 10

Park City

#44 Mar 19, 2011
Right Winger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we are the elistist for defending our religion and the way of life that we enjoy and there is no comparison to the people in Park City vs Coalville. A good example of why I stay out of that town therefore avoiding such logic. PS- Park Record, if you did a poll you may find out that Coalville citizens are not to dissappointed with our area. Yes, there are some that leave to get ahead with a career, but for the most part we like our country and work to preserve it. The greed in Park City has gotten the best of a once decent town.
Nobody said anything about religion anywhere in this thread. Perhaps you may want to reexamine your sensitivities. Defending yourself from something that does not exist is interesting.

Nobody attacked your way of life. Another example of a phantom attack.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the greed in PC. Care to cite an example?

You can work to preserve your lifestyle. That is admirable. However you must realize that in preserving you may possibly be isolating.

I find it interesting that you blast PR residents with names like elites, greedy, etc. Yet you readily accept work and tax money from them. Why would you work for people you dislike so much?

Park City

#45 Mar 19, 2011
PC, not PR.... Duh
Dear Coalville

Kamas, UT

#46 Mar 19, 2011
lower case dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said anything about religion anywhere in this thread. Perhaps you may want to reexamine your sensitivities. Defending yourself from something that does not exist is interesting.
Nobody attacked your way of life. Another example of a phantom attack.
I'm not quite sure what you mean about the greed in PC. Care to cite an example?
You can work to preserve your lifestyle. That is admirable. However you must realize that in preserving you may possibly be isolating.
I find it interesting that you blast PR residents with names like elites, greedy, etc. Yet you readily accept work and tax money from them. Why would you work for people you dislike so much?
Maybe you need to learn how to read - as in Rocket Mans post. "Phantom attack", by implying that Coalville or the east side needs to follow lock in step with the west side is in fact an attack on our way of life. Many of the people that work in Park City would not live there if they were even given a free house. As in the implication that we all work for PC is another error in your thinking, many of us like myself have our own business mine being in the beef industry. I have no interest in tourism, skiing, or anything else that PC is based upon. This in fact is a way of life as it is my fatherís way of life in Wyoming. Is it isolated, yes, is it a good place to raise a family damn straight it is. Do we need all of the bells and whistles of Park City, hell no. That is your way of life that you accept. Now perhaps you can accept ours with out the arrogance that I need to subdivide my land to contribute. We contribute quite a bit already; we just don't stand on the highest hill and brag about it. I would be embarrassed if Coalvilled adopted the politics and management style of Park City. So consider me isolated.

Park City

#47 Mar 19, 2011
Dear Coalville wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe you need to learn how to read - as in Rocket Mans post. "Phantom attack", by implying that Coalville or the east side needs to follow lock in step with the west side is in fact an attack on our way of life. Many of the people that work in Park City would not live there if they were even given a free house. As in the implication that we all work for PC is another error in your thinking, many of us like myself have our own business mine being in the beef industry. I have no interest in tourism, skiing, or anything else that PC is based upon. This in fact is a way of life as it is my fatherís way of life in Wyoming. Is it isolated, yes, is it a good place to raise a family damn straight it is. Do we need all of the bells and whistles of Park City, hell no. That is your way of life that you accept. Now perhaps you can accept ours with out the arrogance that I need to subdivide my land to contribute. We contribute quite a bit already; we just don't stand on the highest hill and brag about it. I would be embarrassed if Coalvilled adopted the politics and management style of Park City. So consider me isolated.
I can read.. And understand what I am reading. To quote from Rocketman: "First, you have an inbred population of a few families and if you don't belong to the Church, forget it. There is already insufficient population to support much of anything and no reason to go there from anywhere else (Henefer?)."

That was not an attack How can you possibly consider it an attack? It was a seemingly valid synopsis as to why Coalville is not growing. Can you show where there is anything remotely untrue?

Nobody cares if Coalville grows or falls off the map. We want to live our lives and peace and want the same for you.
Dear Coalville

Kamas, UT

#48 Mar 19, 2011
lower case dave wrote:
<quoted text>
I can read.. And understand what I am reading. To quote from Rocketman: "First, you have an inbred population of a few families and if you don't belong to the Church, forget it. There is already insufficient population to support much of anything and no reason to go there from anywhere else (Henefer?)."
That was not an attack How can you possibly consider it an attack? It was a seemingly valid synopsis as to why Coalville is not growing. Can you show where there is anything remotely untrue?
Nobody cares if Coalville grows or falls off the map. We want to live our lives and peace and want the same for you.
And the following:

Anonymous Parkite
Park City, UT
Reply Ľ
|Report Abuse
"Thursday Mar 17 Coalville should cal down to temple square to get the LDS Stimulus package to jumpstart their economy. "

Is that valid synopsis as well? Coalville will not fall off the map, we will continue to exist long after Park City reaches 100% capacity for the allotted water shares. And landowners like me will not have to subdivide our land for the greedy real estate dollar so that we can adopt the Park City model. Instead, my land will be passed on to my children so that their children can enjoy this way of life. I might add, that other rural towns in Utah and the United States will also continue to exist through hard work and perseverance without the need to suck the teat of the rich that want a human play ground.

With that in closing, we want to live in peace and want fair representation, without the critical eye as if we are not a player in Summit County's achievements. Just because we are not part of the tourism and real estate game, does not mean we do not contribute in so many other ways.
Snowbound

Heber City, UT

#49 Mar 20, 2011
lower case dave you must be a real estate agent. Get a real job and learn some work ethic. Your pathetic!
LOL

Park City, UT

#50 Mar 21, 2011
Snowbound wrote:
lower case dave you must be a real estate agent. Get a real job and learn some work ethic. Your pathetic!
Wait a minute is'nt Mayor the Scumbag Williams a realtor. Speaking of getting real job.
Big Dave

Park City, UT

#51 Mar 21, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute is'nt Mayor Williams a realtor? Speaking of getting real job.
No. He gave up his realtor's license several years ago. Get with times. He is a coffee barista now at Riffs.
Totally Uninformed

Boynton Beach, FL

#52 Mar 21, 2011
Dear Coalville...two questions:

1) Are you concerned with eminent domain abuse jeopardizing your rights? Maybe your property would generate more taxes if it was turned into a gated community than it would with your grandkids riding horses or doing whatever on it.

2) What do you mean by 100% water shares?
Dear Coalville

Kamas, UT

#53 Mar 21, 2011
Totally Uninformed wrote:
Dear Coalville...two questions:
1) Are you concerned with eminent domain abuse jeopardizing your rights? Maybe your property would generate more taxes if it was turned into a gated community than it would with your grandkids riding horses or doing whatever on it.
2) What do you mean by 100% water shares?
Dear Totally Uninformed

What great handle that coincides with your post. The land that you refer to as doing "whatever" produces range fed beef for consumers like yourself. Have been doing it for 3 generations as others are doing it in Coalville for even longer. You may want to look at agriculture land prices versus real estate prices, also supporting your handle.

Your number 2 deserves no comment since you obviously need more education on water rights than I care to give you.
well kinda

Ogden, UT

#54 Mar 22, 2011
Big Dave wrote:
<quoted text> No. He gave up his realtor's license several years ago. Get with times. He is a coffee barista now at Riffs.
yea, but why? probably didn't have anything to do with getting canned as the kept pet of a local brokerage...it paid well while it lasted.
Totally Uninformed

Boynton Beach, FL

#55 Mar 24, 2011
Dear Coalville wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Totally Uninformed
What great handle that coincides with your post. The land that you refer to as doing "whatever" produces range fed beef for consumers like yourself. Have been doing it for 3 generations as others are doing it in Coalville for even longer. You may want to look at agriculture land prices versus real estate prices, also supporting your handle.
Your number 2 deserves no comment since you obviously need more education on water rights than I care to give you.
It was a simple yes or no question, DC, no disrespect. Pass the A-1.

I've heard a little about water rights and question if there is such a thing as "exhausting" them in PC, where there will always be some way to change the rules for a developer with influence. As you said it deserves no comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henefer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Santa Cruz council to review downtown performan... (May '14) Dec '15 Woof 5
Review: Price Drivers LLC Nov '15 Zippy 1
Looking for my baby brother Timothy Ray Browning (Aug '10) Jul '15 joanNYadoptees 6
News County's trash talks continue - The Park Record (Nov '11) Nov '11 HA HA 3
News Park City's most-wanted list whittled down to t... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Coincidence 3
News Sheriff's Report - The Park Record (Aug '11) Aug '11 lower case dave 1
News U.S. 40 corridor poised for growth - The Park R... (Jul '11) Jul '11 enough 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henefer Mortgages