Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

#34255 Nov 19, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I often tread on your political philosophy but the left is just as much to fault as the right on this. When 40 years ago being gay was considered much the same as being a pedophile, we have "evolved" to the point that it's not enough that gays can enter into the same civil union as straights, they must now be allowed to use the word marriage. The left and right are the same people. They don't want government in their lives with what they want to do and the do want government in the lives of others doing what the left and right don't want them doing. Same exact people.
Dusty, I usually enjoy discussing politics with you and don't remember ever feeling you were treading on my political philosophy, so not sure what you mean there.
What I posted about was business owners (who themselves having right wing Republican views) refusing to do business with people who voted Democrat in this years election because of their political affiliation. I am flabbergasted that people can be that dumb.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#34256 Nov 19, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>

let me put in Dustyeness for you.

Schools need to be institutions of teaching our children how to work and make money.
Pot calling kettle black again. Learn how
to spell. It should be ' Dustiness ', Dilbert.

Schools need to be institutions of spelling.
You need to attend one.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#34257 Nov 19, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Health kids that are not over weight and the kids [boys and girls] that play sports. What good is punishing kids that donot have a weght problem and are more active when the ones over weight go home and pig out and set on their behinds and watch TV or or play those video games. But OH well. Then the parents saying that school lunches was the one meal their kids got that held them over to the next day. It is not just people in Oklahoma saying this but other states also.
Excuse me. As Iecall Oklahoma is limiting kids to 1,000 or 1,200 calories a day in school? And you say "it's not working out". Are you aware that 1,000 calories a day is sufficient for any living human? That's not "punishing" people. While you worry about the almighty football players, I'll worry about the destruction that the fat asses of this country are wrecking on our country. And I will bet you ONE MILLION DOLLARS that those kids are eating another 500 calories a day outside of school. This MYTH that kids only eat one meal a day in school is PURE BULLSHIT. Even the most poorest of the poor scarf down junk food and candy all day long. I live and done business in the city. Have you? Have you seen thousands of school kids daily passing by with cokes and sweets and burgers in their hands? Ghetto kids. The schools are not the fcking be all and end all of society ok? FEED YOUR OWN DAMN KIDS AND STOP BUYING COKES AND ICE CREAM WITH FOOD STAMPS. AND FCK THE FOOTBALL PLAYERS. YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH 91,000.00 A YEAR YOU HAVE HAVE THE MONEY TO GIVE THEM EXTRA VITAMINS. WHICH THEY ALREADY DO. Do you EVER know what you are talking about Tamara?

Location hidden

#34258 Nov 19, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty, I usually enjoy discussing politics with you and don't remember ever feeling you were treading on my political philosophy, so not sure what you mean there.
What I posted about was business owners (who themselves having right wing Republican views) refusing to do business with people who voted Democrat in this years election because of their political affiliation. I am flabbergasted that people can be that dumb.
Well as a person who owned their own business for many decades I know one thing. All this CRAP about refusing to do business with someone or raising prices because of Obamacare is all immature, ignorant CRAP. Small business owners have to deal with all kinds of things both government and public related. You don't turn down money unless forced to do so. A drunk being disruptive in your business will not get more than two changes. That's being forced to deal with it. But if a right winger comes in my store bitching about Obama I'm going to take his money. If a fem nazi comes in bitching about white men, I'm going to take her money. You see "I win" if I get your money. Because that's why I'm there. To get your money.

Papa John's pizza can yap all they want about raising prices for Obamacare. They will either get away with it because the public will accept it or the public won't. If the public won't then the Pizza chain will simply have to take slightly less profit to maintain their needed sales level. OR they go out of business. I don't think someone who is making 400 million a year in profit is going to go out of business if they "only' make 390 million a year in profit. Some things are just stupid proclamations.

Location hidden

#34259 Nov 19, 2012
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot calling kettle black again. Learn how
to spell. It should be ' Dustiness ', Dilbert.
Schools need to be institutions of spelling.
You need to attend one.
Actually in the purest form of the word it would be "Dustyisms". But since I made up my word I can spell it any way I like. And you'll still be a hick. Know whut I mean Vern?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#34260 Nov 19, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me. As Iecall Oklahoma is limiting kids to 1,000 or 1,200 calories a day in school? And you say "it's not working out". Are you aware that 1,000 calories a day is sufficient for any living human? That's not "punishing" people. While you worry about the almighty football players, I'll worry about the destruction that the fat asses of this country are wrecking on our country. And I will bet you ONE MILLION DOLLARS that those kids are eating another 500 calories a day outside of school. This MYTH that kids only eat one meal a day in school is PURE BULLSHIT. Even the most poorest of the poor scarf down junk food and candy all day long. I live and done business in the city. Have you? Have you seen thousands of school kids daily passing by with cokes and sweets and burgers in their hands? Ghetto kids. The schools are not the fcking be all and end all of society ok? FEED YOUR OWN DAMN KIDS AND STOP BUYING COKES AND ICE CREAM WITH FOOD STAMPS. AND FCK THE FOOTBALL PLAYERS. YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH 91,000.00 A YEAR YOU HAVE HAVE THE MONEY TO GIVE THEM EXTRA VITAMINS. WHICH THEY ALREADY DO. Do you EVER know what you are talking about Tamara?
Yes I do!
I am beginning to wonder if you do.
By the way I, I have always fed my kids and didnot rely on school lunches. But have you ever helped out in the school in the lunch room? Well you might be suprised to what you do see! To clear up my question to YOU, yes I have helped out in the lunch room serving lunch to the kids many many times!

By the way idiot on am not on food stamps and never have been nor is any one of my 3 sons and their family.
Oh by the way I was not the one going on about what a high coach football or any of other sport gets paid. So blow off your steam to some one who actually cares any more to what you have to say!
Now have a great day and I hope a loving and happy Thanksgiving!

Location hidden

#34261 Nov 19, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do!
I am beginning to wonder if you do.
By the way I, I have always fed my kids and didnot rely on school lunches. But have you ever helped out in the school in the lunch room? Well you might be suprised to what you do see! To clear up my question to YOU, yes I have helped out in the lunch room serving lunch to the kids many many times!
By the way idiot on am not on food stamps and never have been nor is any one of my 3 sons and their family.
Oh by the way I was not the one going on about what a high coach football or any of other sport gets paid. So blow off your steam to some one who actually cares any more to what you have to say!
Now have a great day and I hope a loving and happy Thanksgiving!
It's not rational to claim that kids are being "punished" by "only" getting a thousand calories a day in school lunches. They should not be getting more. This is not about calories. This is about them complaining about having to eat right. Which is also a good thing for the athletes. Good Lord you're so far out of the times you might as well be standing a street corner with a sign saying BRING BACK THE 1950'S!"

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

#34262 Nov 19, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Well as a person who owned their own business for many decades I know one thing. All this CRAP about refusing to do business with someone or raising prices because of Obamacare is all immature, ignorant CRAP. Small business owners have to deal with all kinds of things both government and public related. You don't turn down money unless forced to do so. A drunk being disruptive in your business will not get more than two changes. That's being forced to deal with it. But if a right winger comes in my store bitching about Obama I'm going to take his money. If a fem nazi comes in bitching about white men, I'm going to take her money. You see "I win" if I get your money. Because that's why I'm there. To get your money.
Papa John's pizza can yap all they want about raising prices for Obamacare. They will either get away with it because the public will accept it or the public won't. If the public won't then the Pizza chain will simply have to take slightly less profit to maintain their needed sales level. OR they go out of business. I don't think someone who is making 400 million a year in profit is going to go out of business if they "only' make 390 million a year in profit. Some things are just stupid proclamations.
Yes, of course it's ignorance.. here is the link which I've just found time to look up. This story is what brought about my original post.

http://www.examiner.com/article/arizona-gun-d...

I had assumed that a National Healthcare system (if it is anything like the Dutch system, which it is supposed to be) would take away the burden companies have always had in the past of paying health insurance for their workers. I therefore don't understand the claim of added costs in association with Obamacare.

Location hidden

#34263 Nov 19, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, of course it's ignorance.. here is the link which I've just found time to look up. This story is what brought about my original post.
http://www.examiner.com/article/arizona-gun-d...
I had assumed that a National Healthcare system (if it is anything like the Dutch system, which it is supposed to be) would take away the burden companies have always had in the past of paying health insurance for their workers. I therefore don't understand the claim of added costs in association with Obamacare.
Any transition to a new form of societal change is expensive. Those who are being phased out of their rocking chair multi billion dollar gravy train (I.E. pharma, gouging doctors, etc..) will make sure of that. There will be those who try and shift the burden to anyone other than themselves. But in the end it will be cheaper, stabilized and work. As a senior I don't begrudge those who come behind me the right to affordable medical care. I have good coverage and can afford what I need. But I have experience the corruptness of our current medical system. 10 hours in pain without a doctor seeing me at a hospital. While they take care of the gangbangers and the rich alike. This system has to change. It is absolutely corrupt to the core. People like Tamara never stop bitching about "poor people who won't work". Hell they already have full coverage. This is about the working class having affordable health care and it has to come to have any chance of saving this nation. I can't begrudge that. Only the very most ignorant of the ignorant would. Ask not what your nation can do for you but what you can do for your nation. A famous man once said that and it holds true in this case. People like Tamara and the right wing are selfish people. They don't even pay their own way as a state but begrudge working class poor the chance to be healthy. That's just criminal in my view.
JAG

United States

#34264 Nov 19, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not rational to claim that kids are being "punished" by "only" getting a thousand calories a day in school lunches. They should not be getting more. This is not about calories. This is about them complaining about having to eat right. Which is also a good thing for the athletes. Good Lord you're so far out of the times you might as well be standing a street corner with a sign saying BRING BACK THE 1950'S!"
800 calories and that's for 2 meals breakfast and lunch combined total.
Donnie

United States

#34265 Nov 19, 2012
Funny thing about your new tax which passed, Prop. 30...5 UC Berkeley doctoral students just completed a study and I quote "freshly raised revenues won't go to California school children. Instead, they will go to wealthy Wall Street Firms who bag three quarters of a million dollars a month because of bad decisions made by wall street cronies serving on the UC Board of Regents.

Jerry Brown and his cronies strike again! That's why my neighborhood welcomed two families onto our street...both from California!

Full article can be found:
*Wynton Hall 11/18/2012 Breitbart.com
*California Political Review

Location hidden

#34266 Nov 19, 2012
JAG wrote:
<quoted text>
800 calories and that's for 2 meals breakfast and lunch combined total.
So what? School is not supposed to be cradle to grave support. It's supposed to be about learning. Where is it written that schools are supposed to feed your kids all day long? I thought those EBT cards were for that?

Location hidden

#34267 Nov 19, 2012
suppose poor people were to actually buy food instead of candy, sweets and colas with there EBT cards? You can feed a kid a thousand calories for not much money. That's what they need is good calories for a growing body. They don't need more junk. 800 calories at school and 1,000 calories at home and they are already overeating.
Donnie

United States

#34268 Nov 19, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? School is not supposed to be cradle to grave support. It's supposed to be about learning. Where is it written that schools are supposed to feed your kids all day long? I thought those EBT cards were for that?
"SCHOOL is not supposed to be cradle to grave support"...Really?

Neither is GOVERNMENT but look where we're headed, lol...
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#34269 Nov 19, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
That might not be a bad idea going back and picking up some of the values from the 50's. I beleive you are out of touch with reality! Besides in the 50's I was still in school. Thru out my high years and after graduating I never had the priviledge just to horse around to find myself like you have told us so many times on here.

Location hidden

#34270 Nov 19, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>That might not be a bad idea going back and picking up some of the values from the 50's. I beleive you are out of touch with reality! Besides in the 50's I was still in school. Thru out my high years and after graduating I never had the priviledge just to horse around to find myself like you have told us so many times on here.
Showing your true colors here Tamara. In the 1950's school segregation was still in practice. White only restaurants throughout the Bible Belt. Same with bathrooms and hotels. Men could still beat their wives and kids without anyone raising a dissenting voice throughout the bible belt. Women had no contraceptives and obligated to have sex on demand. And of course that was the heyday of the KKK and that nasty little habit of lynching black men for looking at white women. You're a work of art. Bad art but art.

Location hidden

#34271 Nov 19, 2012
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
"SCHOOL is not supposed to be cradle to grave support"...Really?
Neither is GOVERNMENT but look where we're headed, lol...
Yeah and you yokels said Clinton was going to declare martial law and instill himself as dictator. You're always right on the cutting edge of the lunatic fringe aren't you? Why is it that it's always bible belt hicks that get abducted by aliens for anal probes? You have t wonder don't you?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#34272 Nov 19, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Showing your true colors here Tamara. In the 1950's school segregation was still in practice. White only restaurants throughout the Bible Belt. Same with bathrooms and hotels. Men could still beat their wives and kids without anyone raising a dissenting voice throughout the bible belt. Women had no contraceptives and obligated to have sex on demand. And of course that was the heyday of the KKK and that nasty little habit of lynching black men for looking at white women. You're a work of art. Bad art but art.
And you Sir are a sad little man. I donot believe anyone would be aloud to lay in a hospital for ten hours in pain and not been attended to. Gangbangers or not. If that is the case your hospital in California are pist poor hospitals so that tells me you need to work and worry about your own state more.
You have a vivd imagination and over exaggerates alot!

Location hidden

#34273 Nov 19, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>And you Sir are a sad little man. I donot believe anyone would be aloud to lay in a hospital for ten hours in pain and not been attended to. Gangbangers or not. If that is the case your hospital in California are pist poor hospitals so that tells me you need to work and worry about your own state more.
You have a vivd imagination and over exaggerates alot!
Whatever Tamara. I'm not the one wanting to go back to the vicious hateful racist America of the 1950's.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#34274 Nov 19, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever Tamara. I'm not the one wanting to go back to the vicious hateful racist America of the 1950's.
You brought it up and we have lost some of yesterdays common sence family values.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hendrix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Still lookn Sep '14 Sweezy 6
Superintendent (Feb '12) Sep '14 Sweezy 2
Four Arrested in Atoka Drug Bust Jun '14 buckwheat 1
What happened to Franky Halbrooks (May '12) Apr '14 layne 9
Man Says DHS Took Kids Without Reason (Nov '08) Apr '14 Chelsea Mcalester... 189
Review: One Source LLC (Jan '14) Jan '14 abr76 1
Achille Cops (Apr '13) Jan '14 thunder 10
Hendrix Dating
Find my Match

Hendrix People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hendrix News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hendrix

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 pm PST