First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Easley, SC

#21 Mar 31, 2011
rebel yell wrote:
The City Council does not get that the majority of people are in support of anti-chaining. They will never get it. 2 of them will be up for re-election next November. Show up at the polls and vote them OUT!
The majority of citizens in Hendersonville DO NOT support anti-chaining, but rather a small group of people. These are the same people who constantly drive around and find chained animals to call the police to inflate the number of animal calls. I know I appreciate the police answering a chained animal call while my car was being broken into!
r corn

Maxton, NC

#22 Apr 1, 2011
Wow...it seems that lifepac is unaware of the recent polls here in Hendersonville..one in the newspaper, the other on whkp radio. Both polls showed over 3/4 of the people are against the chaining of dogs. As far as the police answering an animal call while another crime is happening....make chaining illegal..then the police won't have to answer repeat calls on dogs on short chains,tangled chains,etc.
Trudy

Middlesex, NC

#23 Apr 1, 2011
r corn wrote:
Wow...it seems that lifepac is unaware of the recent polls here in Hendersonville..one in the newspaper, the other on whkp radio. Both polls showed over 3/4 of the people are against the chaining of dogs. As far as the police answering an animal call while another crime is happening....make chaining illegal..then the police won't have to answer repeat calls on dogs on short chains,tangled chains,etc.
Those polls were meaningless due to the fact you all sent the link to your lists and had people from away voting.

Your claims that the majority are against tethering is unfounded. Spamming the city council with numerous emails from other parts of the state hurt your cause. Where was the majority the night they passed the new ordinance? Only about half a dozen cared enough to show up.

How many of you even live within the city of Hendersonville?

The city and county officers do their job. They get annoyed when you make multiple calls on the same person, who is doing nothing wrong.
Trudy

Middlesex, NC

#24 Apr 1, 2011
lifepac wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of citizens in Hendersonville DO NOT support anti-chaining, but rather a small group of people. These are the same people who constantly drive around and find chained animals to call the police to inflate the number of animal calls. I know I appreciate the police answering a chained animal call while my car was being broken into!
The majority of them do not live in the city.
They and their ilk want to make it so only people with money can have a dog. They'd rather see a dog turned in and put to sleep if the owner doesn't live up to their standards. Next thing, they'll want to ban outdoor dogs altogether.
r corn

Maxton, NC

#25 Apr 1, 2011
Trudy what are you talking about/I know nothing of lists (?) and spam e-mails. I do live in the city and am against the chaining of dogs.
Dan Bartmann

Maxton, NC

#26 Apr 1, 2011
I think that the reason that only a few people attended the council meeting is because it was well known and posted on the city's website that they (council) would be adopting the Charlotte ordinance.
Angie

Maxton, NC

#27 Apr 1, 2011
these 2 people probably are married and probably chain their dog or have done so in the past...no body calls the police about a dog chained or not unless they believe that the dog is not being taken care of..i have called the police about a dog who is chained but he was standing in the pouring rain and could not get into his dog house and was also very very thin..the thing is a lot of the chained up dogs are the ones that are not being fed or given water and are at the back of peoples yards where the people can't even see or hear them barking or yelping. no animal deserves that kind of treatment but i am not going to waste my time trying to get people like that to get it
caroline

Maxton, NC

#28 Apr 1, 2011
Fortunatly, the majority of people do not chain...I don't know one person that does. Those that do, are teaching their children not to have compassion for God's creations. I pray for their children and for the animals who are taken into their care.
d mccall

Maxton, NC

#29 Apr 2, 2011
to r corn...if you haven't talked to anyone who disagrees with anti-chaining, then you haven't talked to the dozens of Dog fighting supporters in this town. I wouldn't recommend you talk to them either. Dangerous characters. They have to stake their fighters (aka Victims) out on chains in their front yards to advertise their "business". It
doesn't take much gas to drive around H'ville and see grassless, junky yards with several bloodied, battered dogs on chains, very near the street. also, in those driveways you will see top dollar vehicles because there's alot of money to be made wagering on dog fights, and breeding more of these poor doomed dogs. Why don't the local authorities do something about that? They've let this go on too long. I've heard dog fighting is big in Transylvania county too, but I don't know.
Scoop

Middlesex, NC

#30 Apr 2, 2011
Nobody reads this site. Join the forum at blueridgenow.com . The newspaper staff, cops, and elected officials check in over there. Your cause will get more attention.
Henry Wadsworth

Asheville, NC

#31 Aug 8, 2011
What has happened to this area when a bunch of bored nosey yankee transplants are telling us we can't tie up a dog in the yard?

Since: Sep 11

Hendersonville, NC

#32 Sep 23, 2011
Chaining an animal is cruel, why would you want an animal/pet then put it on a 6 or even 10 foot leash? I see so many animals tied up like that and it's wrong wrong wrong. I also think a 4'x4' cage isn't much better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hendersonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
East Flat Rock Music Selection (Aug '12) Aug 11 Musikologist 23
Obituaries Jul '17 NCmomof2 2
Hookers in Hendo (Apr '12) May '17 Double D 8
Hendersonville Music Thread (May '14) May '17 Musikologist 6
News Profiler looks at unsolved Worley murder case (Sep '10) Mar '17 Mrblond 3
News Efforts to repeal NC 'bathroom bill' are an at ... Mar '17 TerriB1 5
Fletcher officer(s) known to take advantage of ... (Jan '17) Feb '17 Nastywoman 2

Hendersonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hendersonville Mortgages