First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bud

Hendersonville, NC

#1 Mar 28, 2011
With the "new" chaining law in Hendersonville, dogs must be put on a chain that is a minimum of 10 feet and must be 4 months old before being chained. I read that the city council determined that chaining is cruel, and is a danger to citizens...how is this law going to address either of those concerns? Answer; it won't.
rebel yell

United States

#2 Mar 28, 2011
The City Council does not get that the majority of people are in support of anti-chaining. They will never get it. 2 of them will be up for re-election next November. Show up at the polls and vote them OUT!
rebel yell

United States

#3 Mar 28, 2011
They (City Council) are pandering to the "red-necks".I am a "red-neck" and I know that dog chaining is CRUEL.
ricki

United States

#4 Mar 29, 2011
Does ayone know the reason they give for not passing a law against chaining?No-one I have talked to knows why they won't pass it.
B Nave

United States

#5 Mar 29, 2011
for over 3 years City Councilman Steve Caraker used his influence (power) to put every possible roadblock in the way of positive change. He apparently saw no value in stopping the suffering of animals in Hendersonville. Now,incredibly, he is citing his work on the anti-tethering ordinance as one of the reasons he should be re-elected. If it wasn't valuable enough to work for, then why take credit for it now? The truth of the matter is that the new ordinance the council did pass is sadly dangerous and virtually unenforceable. We must use our own power, the power of the ballot box to NOT vote for Steve Caraker.
ricki

United States

#6 Mar 29, 2011
B Nave wrote:
for over 3 years City Councilman Steve Caraker used his influence (power) to put every possible roadblock in the way of positive change. He apparently saw no value in stopping the suffering of animals in Hendersonville. Now,incredibly, he is citing his work on the anti-tethering ordinance as one of the reasons he should be re-elected. If it wasn't valuable enough to work for, then why take credit for it now? The truth of the matter is that the new ordinance the council did pass is sadly dangerous and virtually unenforceable. We must use our own power, the power of the ballot box to NOT vote for Steve Caraker.
I think we need new people in office who respond to the people...is Caraker the only one up for re-election in Nov.?
mary jo

Hendersonville, NC

#7 Mar 30, 2011
rebel yell wrote:
The City Council does not get that the majority of people are in support of anti-chaining. They will never get it. 2 of them will be up for re-election next November. Show up at the polls and vote them OUT!
They will not have my vote i could not believe that they don't see there is a problem
with chained dogs, my neighbor keeps me up with his dog crying cause he gets
tangled it's awful.
r corn

United States

#8 Mar 30, 2011
Why can't Hendersonville have a law similar to Asheville's. Chaining a dog is against the law.Period. Seems like they are not having any trouble enforcing it. Why is Hendersonville behind the times with this issue? It has been proven that chaining a dog leads to aggression because of the mental and physical abuse the dog has to endure. Why not change the law and do the RIGHT thing?
bud

United States

#9 Mar 30, 2011
They have chosen to adopt a law from Charlotte that is among the worst in the State...Why? Who knows their reasoning. I agree that we have to show up at the polls in November and get some people into office that are willing to be forward thinking and respond to what the public wants.
Shake70

United States

#10 Mar 30, 2011
Why do they think a ten ft. chain is o.k. That is a joke. A chain is a chain. What is wrong with these people anyway. A chain is not o.k.. Get a fence people or walk the dog.
Amber

United States

#11 Mar 30, 2011
I would like to chain a dog outside of the mayors house and see if that would give him/her some compassion
Angie

United States

#12 Mar 30, 2011
what if this was your dog? then would you understand? chained dogs SUFFER and are usually neglected! H'ville city council needs to do something qabout the problem, and not just give lip service!!!!!!!
r corn

United States

#13 Mar 31, 2011
there is a group here building fences for chaied dogs...unfortunatly they have no law behind them
Al Literate

United States

#14 Mar 31, 2011
It's sad that all these comments you people make are not being read by the chaining offenders. I doubt they can read. speaking of reading, in today's paper there was an article about cock fighting...and how NC supplies SC with the chickens because SC considers Cock fights as a simple misdemeanor. Only two states don't consider it a felon. doesn't it figure SC would be one of them. But, I digress. Sorry.
r corn

United States

#15 Mar 31, 2011
or how about the local law makers...are they reading these posts...I doubt it because they make what-ever laws they want and don't care what the people want
bud

United States

#16 Mar 31, 2011
to AL, I actually think you are quite literate. Why not consider running for council LOL
Dan Bartmann

United States

#17 Mar 31, 2011
I find it hard to believe that we in Hendersonville are less progressive than similar towns in South Carolina...but there you have it. While other towns around us opt for anti-tethering laws we sit back and allow(?) our leaders to keep us in the dark ages. I agree that we need to vote people into office that are willing to step up and respond in a meaningful way to this issue.
bud

United States

#18 Mar 31, 2011
I agree with you Dan...although people have been stepping forward here for months to voice their concerns and not allow this city council to keep them in the dark ages. The current council simply refuses to listen.
ricki

United States

#19 Mar 31, 2011
I think it is time to get them out..when my friends visit me from other states I am embarrassed by some of the backwards things that go on here...and especially the way there is no law against chaining...people who live here have to go out and build fences, and so on...because there aren't laws protecting animals...get some new people into the local government who listen
r corn

United States

#20 Mar 31, 2011
what are the people in charge here afraid of anyway...they have to know that if they passed a law against chaining that they would be heros to almost everyone...80% of people here own dogs and i have never talked with anyone about this who did not want to see a law against chaining up a dog

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hendersonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheep. Viagre Mar 28 Elmer 1
News video Vietnam, Korea vets to get high school di... (Sep '06) Mar 25 ApePeeD 2
Review: Nurse One Inc (Feb '14) Mar 19 NurseinNC 2
East Flat Rock Music Selection (Aug '12) Feb '15 Musikologist 17
News Deputies: Former Little League coach accused of... Jan '15 Dave 1
Internet Service Provider Jan '15 armyguy 3
Cheapest propnane in Hendo Jan '15 Mike 1

Flood Watch for Henderson County was issued at April 19 at 10:58AM EDT

More from around the web

Hendersonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]