Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Hendersonville Forum

Comments (Page 1,574)

Showing posts 31,461 - 31,480 of55,674
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post Lu.
"I am glad you said "due to your observation", because clearly such a claim is just of perspective and biases and not due to any facts or data." This was Mike calling out TSF on exactly what he did when he stated our military was 20 times the size of any other military. Guess he forgot his facts and data before posting this to TSF.
I was speaking in reference to calling New Yorkers dumb.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post Lu.
"I am glad you said "due to your observation", because clearly such a claim is just of perspective and biases and not due to any facts or data." This was Mike calling out TSF on exactly what he did when he stated our military was 20 times the size of any other military. Guess he forgot his facts and data before posting this to TSF.
If you note, the part about the military was not prefaced with it being a personal observation.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I no longer own guns.Please be coherent Allen.
How was Allen supposed to know this, and how does that make his message any less coherent?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How was Allen supposed to know this, and how does that make his message any less coherent?
Allen could have asked if I owned guns.Mike, Allen is a woman.IMO, her point was not as coherent as it could have been.Especially after assuming that I was a gun owner.Damn, I'm tired.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Exploitation? I don't think that he dragged them there kicking and screaming. They were there in support of him and his proposal. Personally I don,t see anything wrong with his proposal. At least he is making an effort. Had he done nothing I'm sure you would be here posting as to his lack of leadership, lack of empathy, lack of guts, etc. What makes me sick is, in one of your previous posts, you plead with healthy topix posters to donate bone marrow to save lives but, yet you seem to oppose gun regulation in order to save lives.
The NRA would have us believe that our BLACK POTUS is coming to take all our guns. They are purposly creating a fear factor among the people to expand on thier bottom line.
Let's talk immigration for a second. We have over 12 million Latinos in this country and the number is growing by the day. What percent do you think will be granted amnesty? Those active in Civil Rights will come out of the wood work. So hey, let's not ban any gun at all, let's do away with all background checks. Welcome to the next civil war just not the one the GOP would have you think.
Allen, I don't care if the president hadn't done more than acknowledge, and give support to the families of ANYONE killed in some of these mass killings. He now is attempting to reinvent the wheel on gun control because of a couple isolated incidents, that are indeed tragic, but has don't a damn thing to control guns owned by gangs and thugs that innocent people are killed by daily. Do we just forget them because they don't make for a good story? I'm aware the president is black and I don't what that has to do with anything we're discussing. It's people like you trying to make something out of nothing.
Look, I don't care if you never give the sweat under your armpits to help anyone. Keep your marrow and hopefully you, a family member, some child, mother/father raising children etc won't need it and people like you can feel good when someone asking for people to be marrow donors make you sick. What don't you get death is death? A child's death is no less painful to a parent if it's through a gunshot or the lack of a marrow transplant or any kind of organ donor.
As far as immigration goes, that's for you to worry about, not me. I won't be here and I don't give a damn how many people flood into this country illegally and people like you can work and keep them up. Pick up a gun and fight in your "next" civil, again that's you problem not mine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

edit: but hasn't done a damn....

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

TSF wrote:
DMV specifically. A DUI could easily be construed as evidence of mental illness.
<quoted text>
Since mine were almost 20 years ago, I'm not really sure, if at that time, now I believe it is a DWI.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

I have to go to BBC news up find out actual news.All CNN is talking about is Lance Armstrong and a football player at Notre Dame who lied about having a deceased girlfriend.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Rich Chinese people are coming to California, where they stay at nice houses with nurses, and GIVE BIRTH!! it's CALLED"BIRTH TOURISM".....OMG!!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Looks like we need to ban tobacco and hire cigarette police, enbact laws forcing everyon to eata balanced low calorie diet and hire diet police, force everyone to exercise and hie exercise police, ban alcohol and hire breathalizer police, ban toxic substances, ban biologicals. ban cars and risky sexual behavior and hire sex police .
We regulate all these things. Yet you seem to oppose the idea of regulating guns.
Guns in general are not being banned, so can you make some more straw man arguments?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Allen could have asked if I owned guns.Mike, Allen is a woman.IMO, her point was not as coherent as it could have been.Especially after assuming that I was a gun owner.Damn, I'm tired.
From my perspective, the statement was not just about you anyways.
So why are you banned from owning guns?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>From my perspective, the statement was not just about you anyways.
So why are you banned from owning guns?
I sold my guns.I may buy some more.It depends on how I feel.
Anonymous

Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Buy lots of guns!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, I don't care if the president hadn't done more than acknowledge, and give support to the families of ANYONE killed in some of these mass killings. He now is attempting to reinvent the wheel on gun control because of a couple isolated incidents, that are indeed tragic, but has don't a damn thing to control guns owned by gangs and thugs that innocent people are killed by daily. Do we just forget them because they don't make for a good story? I'm aware the president is black and I don't what that has to do with anything we're discussing. It's people like you trying to make something out of nothing.
Look, I don't care if you never give the sweat under your armpits to help anyone. Keep your marrow and hopefully you, a family member, some child, mother/father raising children etc won't need it and people like you can feel good when someone asking for people to be marrow donors make you sick. What don't you get death is death? A child's death is no less painful to a parent if it's through a gunshot or the lack of a marrow transplant or any kind of organ donor.
As far as immigration goes, that's for you to worry about, not me. I won't be here and I don't give a damn how many people flood into this country illegally and people like you can work and keep them up. Pick up a gun and fight in your "next" civil, again that's you problem not mine.
This incident was likely more of an excuse to put in gun laws that may help reduce some of the gang violence you are so concerned about as I am sure Obama is concerned about it also.
This incident made a lot of people worried, so as politicians here the people speak for gun control, they do as their supporters want.
Tell me again why Obama should care that you hate this along with everything else he does? He loses with you, no matter what.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
I have to go to BBC news up find out actual news.All CNN is talking about is Lance Armstrong and a football player at Notre Dame who lied about having a deceased girlfriend.
I agree. Those sorts of stories should be the small filler stories, not the main stories.
Mr Anderson

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>This incident was likely more of an excuse to put in gun laws that may help reduce some of the gang violence you are so concerned about as I am sure Obama is concerned about it also.
This incident made a lot of people worried, so as politicians here the people speak for gun control, they do as their supporters want.
Tell me again why Obama should care that you hate this along with everything else he does? He loses with you, no matter what.
NECROPHILIAC

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>This incident was likely more of an excuse to put in gun laws that may help reduce some of the gang violence you are so concerned about as I am sure Obama is concerned about it also.
Well Mike, you're certainly not making a very good case for his gun laws if "this incident was likely more of an excuse to put gun laws..." You're telling me the president needs an "excuse" to ramrod laws thru on any issue? An "excuse" is something you give when you did something wrong or back in the day, we had to have a written excuse as to why we missed school. Is this what you're saying? I guess an "excuse" is what he tried to spin, lie and cover up regarding the deaths of the men killed in Libya. His "excuse" was a youtube video, didn't work out for him too well and these gun laws aren't either.
Let me ask you, do you think a person's medical history should be given when they apply for a gun permit? How do you work around HIPPA laws being broken when every Tom, Dick and Harry is privy to your medical history. I agree with TSF, there are many "professionals in the medical field not trained to diagnose a "mental illness"; however, if the family nurse practitioner at the Minute Clinic decides this, puts it in your medical records and it's passed on, you're toast. Do you think someone with a hand washing OCD should be denied a gun permit? OCD is considered a mental illness. I don't; however, you may disagree.
I don't know Obama, and your question about why he should care what I think is irrelevant. I don't care what he thinks, and I am darn sure he doesn't care what I think. It really doesn't matter. I'm not staying around much longer for his second rodeo.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Guns are already regulated. Now talk is of banning certain types of guns. Tobacco kills over 400,000 per year while guns kill around 30,000. but certain forms of tobacco are not being banned. I hear no hysteria about banning the far more dangerous tobacco.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We regulate all these things. Yet you seem to oppose the idea of regulating guns.
Guns in general are not being banned, so can you make some more straw man arguments?
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

No repetitions in 20 years is evidence of your sanity. An aquaintance used to call DUI s IUD s in reference to the unpleasantness one experiences with courts after receiving one.
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Since mine were almost 20 years ago, I'm not really sure, if at that time, now I believe it is a DWI.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>This incident was likely more of an excuse to put in gun laws that may help reduce some of the gang violence.
It is truly messed up to see liberals get up in arms about gun control on one hand and then they turn around and actively support and condone abortion with the other. In fact, they passionately fight for abortion. This is not about the “safety of our children”. This is about "people" control period.
Look at the stats:
Abortion is a hell of a lot more deadlier than guns.

Guns vs. Abortions
Average (thats average) annual deaths in the US:

Guns: 31K (19K to suicide / 12K to homicide/accident)

Abortion: 1.2 million.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 31,461 - 31,480 of55,674
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hendersonville Discussions

Search the Hendersonville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Carolina Toyata Tue Inquiring mind 1
Miranda c @ Cracker barrel Jun 24 truth 3
Are you with the Republicans in Supporting Gay ... Jun 22 Patriot 2
Are you with the GOP Supporting Abortion Jun 22 Patriot 1
Evil Tea Party (Oct '13) Jun 22 Patriot 39
Debate: Marijuana - Hendersonville, NC (Aug '10) Jun '14 Dean 29
The panthers paw Jun '14 chuck 1
•••
•••