Hair salon's deal: Beer and a haircut - two tens

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

Comments on Topix forums : ASHEVILLE There are lots of hair salons around town, but only one offers a free Pabst Blue Ribbon beer with every haircut.
Comments
21 - 24 of 24 Comments Last updated Apr 6, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Luther Blissett

Tarawa Terrace, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Judged:

Well, "No thanks", eating your words?

(I love how the people who whine the most about "new arrivals" in Asheville tend to have decamped out to the backwoods off Smoky Park Highway.)
Andrea

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

I have had my hair cut by Rachel for years. She always does a great job. She's very professional and she gives better haircuts than I've had at high priced salons. Sure, I can save money to cut my own hair, and sometimes I do, but when I want a master, I go to Rachel. I take my teenage son, too, and his hair always looks great - MUCH better than when I use the clippers on him - and the only way he likes his hair short is when Rachel cuts it.
troll

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Andrea wrote:
I have had my hair cut by Rachel for years. She always does a great job. She's very professional and she gives better haircuts than I've had at high priced salons. Sure, I can save money to cut my own hair, and sometimes I do, but when I want a master, I go to Rachel. I take my teenage son, too, and his hair always looks great - MUCH better than when I use the clippers on him - and the only way he likes his hair short is when Rachel cuts it.
Like fantasizing on being a slave, you do? "....when I want a master...."
laughing out loud

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

I_too wrote:
I pay $8 for a very quality haircut, as do the men who come to the same shop. I have even encouraged the owner, who has been cutting my hair for many years, to raise her price to $10. But she is a good Christian woman who realizes the difficult economic times we are in, and refuses to charge more (I always tip her $5...$13 is STILL cheap for a woman's haircut!). I have been cutting my hubby's hair , and trimming his moustache, sideburns, and eyebrows for the past 15 years. We invested in a barber's grooming kit for about $10 and it has paid for itself many times over.
You get what you pay for! Why do people pay increasing prices for everything but think that haircuts(which is a skill) should remain dirt cheap? Stylists have bills to pay as well. Shouldn't you be willing to pay for something that you wear 24/7. Women will easily pay $20.00 or more for an article of clothing made in another country that they might wear 2-4 times a month but complain about paying for a quality up to date hair style.(A style is much different that a cut) I'm just saying!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hendersonville Discussions

Search the Hendersonville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 6 min Waco 1909 55,820
Carolina Toyata Jul 22 Inquiring mind 1
Miranda c @ Cracker barrel Jun 24 truth 3
Are you with the Republicans in Supporting Gay ... Jun '14 Patriot 2
Are you with the GOP Supporting Abortion Jun '14 Patriot 1
Evil Tea Party (Oct '13) Jun '14 Patriot 39
Debate: Marijuana - Hendersonville, NC (Aug '10) Jun '14 Dean 29
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hendersonville Jobs

•••