Hair salon's deal: Beer and a haircut...

Hair salon's deal: Beer and a haircut - two tens

There are 24 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Nov 23, 2008, titled Hair salon's deal: Beer and a haircut - two tens. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Comments on Topix forums : ASHEVILLE There are lots of hair salons around town, but only one offers a free Pabst Blue Ribbon beer with every haircut.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Granny

Auburn, AL

#1 Nov 23, 2008
Does everyone like hair in their beer? What if the whole family comes? Would that mean a free beer for every haircut? Who is the designated bicycle rider? Just kidding, of course. I think owners/stylists need incentives to succeed today.
reader

Arden, NC

#2 Nov 23, 2008
Great idea, how creative! Good luck!
Fieldman

Inman, SC

#3 Nov 23, 2008
Hey, I get the best haircutt in town for $9.00, and the barber dosen't care what style you want or how short.
He too, cuts women's hair for the same price. And I wouldn't drink the PBR if they gave me a 12 pac. That beer is BAD!
InThe28806

Greer, SC

#4 Nov 23, 2008
I travel pabst this place every day. The job must require standing outside & smoking. That's all I ever see.

Since: Nov 08

Lincolnton, NC

#5 Nov 23, 2008
Not very creative considering the fact that just less than half a mile down the same road is Westside Clippers. THey have been open for about a year and they serve Pisgah Pale Ale. Much better than Pabst a.k.a. Evian.
I_too

Shelby, NC

#6 Nov 23, 2008
I pay $8 for a very quality haircut, as do the men who come to the same shop. I have even encouraged the owner, who has been cutting my hair for many years, to raise her price to $10. But she is a good Christian woman who realizes the difficult economic times we are in, and refuses to charge more (I always tip her $5...$13 is STILL cheap for a woman's haircut!). I have been cutting my hubby's hair , and trimming his moustache, sideburns, and eyebrows for the past 15 years. We invested in a barber's grooming kit for about $10 and it has paid for itself many times over.
No thanks

Savannah, GA

#7 Nov 23, 2008
This place and westside clippers will soon shutter up. Standard issue goth/emo types smoking out front, and empty chairs.
It seems a third of all businesses in West Asheville or downtown is run by new arrivals.
Hows the breakfast cereal business going?
More bookstores anyone?
How bout a few more speciality choco shops or pet clothes stores?
AVL Resident

Hickory, NC

#8 Nov 23, 2008
...someday people will realize how much PBR sucks. I think Westside Clippers actually offers Pisgah Pale.
andy gump

United States

#10 Nov 23, 2008
Well, i aint had a good hair cut in ten years.. they always cut to much off, or cut a big gap in it. or use thinning shears, and make it fuzzy. now i guess they want to get me drunk, so I dont notice. i paid $28.00 plus a $5.00 dollar tip. for my last hair cut, and still got a big gap, and one side a lot longer than the other. one girl cut it, and talked on the cell phone throurh the whole hair cut. Is the barber hitting that blue ribbon??
hikerusa

Mills River, NC

#12 Nov 23, 2008
There's just something about a woman and a pole. Is a dance and floor show offered also? You go girl.
love it

Asheville, NC

#13 Nov 23, 2008
I've had my hair cut at The Blue Ribbon and it was excellent. Beth was nice, funny, and did a great job on my hair. I was a walk-in and didn't have to wait at all. The place was clean, cute, and decorated nicely. On top of that, the price was good, and I got the best haircut I've had in years. I've been to several other pricier places in Asheville and The Blue Ribbon was ten times better. I highly recommend this salon.
jackielou

Lincolnton, NC

#14 Nov 23, 2008
The Blue Ribbon is an awesome place and a much needed addition to this end of Haywood Road! I love the atmosphere and Beth is the best stylist I've seen in years! The layout sure beats Westside Clippers! My husband and I have both moved over the The Blue Ribbon and have had great service. Best of luck to the Blue
mrs robinson

Lincolnton, NC

#15 Nov 23, 2008
I absolutely love The Blue Ribbon. I've gone there three times since it has opened. Johnny gave me the best haircut I have gotten in years, and he's not too bad to look at either. I would highly recommend this place-great prices, awesome tunes, fabulous staff, and PBR...what more could one ask for?!
Abby

Lincolnton, NC

#16 Apr 23, 2009
I love the Blue Ribbon. Great atmosphere, great people, and above all--GREAT haircuts.
Badger

United States

#17 Apr 23, 2009
You get your beer whenever you want it ....before or after the work. Good people there....interesting idea and I like the down-home aspect of it. You cannot buy beer there and they want to give your peeps waiting for you some too....guess the right thing to do would be to make it up in tips.
jhc

United States

#18 Apr 23, 2009
Without a doubt the best place to get your haircut is Tammys Hair Affair on Leicester Hwy. you can also get a tattoo. Try this place you will like it.
jsw823

Asheville, NC

#19 Jul 21, 2009
Fieldman wrote:
Hey, I get the best haircutt in town for $9.00, and the barber dosen't care what style you want or how short.
He too, cuts women's hair for the same price. And I wouldn't drink the PBR if they gave me a 12 pac. That beer is BAD!
Where do you get your haircut? I'd like to try it
angelofasheville

Boiling Springs, SC

#20 Oct 1, 2009
I know the owner of Tammys hair affair and actually as a model and DJ, she is the ONLY 1 I will let touch my hair anymore. She is good offers good service and gives better quailty then the others out here in Leicester. I CAN PROMISE FROM BAD EXPERIANCES. At least her smokin' outside shows her mouth is closed to the gossip, rather then passing the same kind of biz, with people who DONT smoke talking about other people and their lives cuz they HAVE none. The point is I have a career that involves my hair looking good and get the joke or not " I know who you are hating on her and why " " You did't cut it... get it cut it? lol" Tammy you ROCK! Budweiser is better though.:-)
audraklein

United States

#21 Oct 14, 2009
Beth Adams has created an experience of genius - Bad Ass Style Marries All the Comforts of Down-Home Hospitality. Her endearing laugh and remarkable talent - she resurrected my self-esteem - have created an edgy yet, unpretentious land for lucky locks. Thrifty misers and connoisseurs alike will enjoy a complementary brew and stylish new-do that won’t break the bank. No axe required - we’ve struck gold with The Blue Ribbon. Cheers, Beth. Audra & Leo.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#22 Oct 14, 2009
A drunk would drink piss water if it was cold. Enjoy yourself you old sot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hendersonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Christmas Bird Count volunteers inform conserva... Jan '18 Razor 12000 3
News Profiler looks at unsolved Worley murder case (Sep '10) Dec '17 obama muslim 4
News Efforts to repeal NC 'bathroom bill' are an at ... (Mar '17) Dec '17 Santa 7
Obituaries (May '17) Nov '17 Teacher 4
News Man charged with assaulting officers (Jun '07) Oct '17 Caerleon 44
East Flat Rock Music Selection (Aug '12) Aug '17 Musikologist 23
Hookers in Hendo (Apr '12) May '17 Double D 8

Hendersonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hendersonville Mortgages