Six Facing Drug Charges in Mason County

Oct 23, 2008 Full story: WOWK 55

Mason County Sheriff's deputies made the arrests early Wednesday morning, at a home on Lincoln Avenue in Point Pleasant.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mike Grimm

United States

#1 Nov 5, 2008
Good job to area law enforcement. It's probably just the tip of the iceberg but I hope they continue to get monetary support to rid a small town of this kind of plague that seems to be filtering out to small communities. It doesn't seem to have stopped in Huntington which is a place that many people don't wish to go to anymore. The age of the arrested shows that someone else is out there lurking to trap the youth into this type of activity. Dayton? Why Point Pleasant? They think we are easy prey. Support your law enforcement. They need it.
Bonnie

AOL

#2 May 20, 2009
I didn't know Pt Pleasant was a big drug area.

Since: Jul 09

United States

#3 Jul 17, 2009
it didnt use to be bonnie but the last 10 years or so it has become a 'haven' to drugs
Yes I agree

United States

#4 Aug 13, 2010
You are right in the past ten years it has got really bad. I remember getting onto my son about drinking beer and smoking pot,thought the world was coming to an end.Today I pray that god keeps him alive another day.Now I wish it were pot.At least he can`t get that into a needle.Pray for my boy.
THE JUDGE

United States

#5 Aug 13, 2010
OK let see how many go to prison i would not be afraid to bet maybe one who ever they don.t like the rest will get a slap on the hand but good job to the cops for at lease one time doing their job and i know that they can.t help if the biggest part of them walk so thanks you cops that did your job my hat is off to you.
YOUPEOPLEARECLUE LESS

United States

#6 Aug 14, 2010
This town DOES NOT have that much of a drug problem. Its just small and everyone is in everyone eleses bussiness cause theres nothing elese to do.

Percentage wise its got to be WAY LESS drug use per capita that any kind of urban area.

Most of you fuckers are just dumber than shit because you are clueless to the world ouside point plesant.

To call point pleasnt a drug haven is about the same as saying its a bussiness haven.
Cap

Chicago, IL

#7 Aug 14, 2010
I can walk three houses down and get any drug you could get in Detroit, if that isn't a problem, I dunno what is! There a herd of three year olds that wander the street all day alone , cause their mothers are sittin at home high off their ass drawing welfare, if THAT isn't a problem I dunno what is.
Top Gun

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Aug 14, 2010
Awesome job for law enforcement! Now let us see how the system works! Will the prosecutor be able to do his job? Will the judges or magistrates do their jobs? OK all of you fine citizens of Mason County, keep an eye on what goes on next! All eyes are on the "legal system" now! Give us good accurate reports. Is the good old boy system on its way out of town? Is anyone on the take or payroll? Let all of us know what you see! All eyes are on the system.
Enjoy the day.
TG
THE JUDGE

United States

#9 Aug 15, 2010
that person that said point pleasant is not a drug haven is ether a drug user or a pusher run them out of town we don.t need them.
and yes you can get drugs most anywhere in point all up and down the streets.
and yes mothers and dads let their kids run ever-where because they are stoned on drugs that they got with their welfare money.
and the good-o-boy will per vale here you can count on that some body that know the right people will take it up so they can get their drug money and put them back on the street to make more money SAD BUT TRUE.
but if the law enforcement guys would just keep taking them down sooner or later it would get enough attention then the prosecutor and the magistrates would half to do their job so what few good cops we have do your job and tell the bosses to take a hike that you are just doing what you are paid to do they can.t fire you for doing your job because of the state law that protect you so we will watch and see what next.
BIGCHEESE

Middleport, OH

#10 Aug 22, 2010
PEOPLE OF GALLIPOLIS :PLEASE STOP SPREADING LIES ABOUT POINT PLEASANT. THERE IS NO DRUG PROBLEMS AND ANYONE WHO THINKS YOU CAN FIND ANY DRUG HERE HAS NEVER TRIED TO LOOK.
1 post removed
RENO

Letart, WV

#12 Aug 22, 2010
YOUPEOPLEARECLUELESS wrote:
This town DOES NOT have that much of a drug problem. Its just small and everyone is in everyone eleses bussiness cause theres nothing elese to do.
Percentage wise its got to be WAY LESS drug use per capita that any kind of urban area.
Most of you fuckers are just dumber than shit because you are clueless to the world ouside point plesant.
To call point pleasnt a drug haven is about the same as saying its a bussiness haven.
ok becky corfee you know it all since u moved from leon to st albans!! there is a drug problem in point! problem is u cant solve it!! If weed was legal kids wouldnt pursue PILLS like candy! It makes me sick thts all they do is chase pills or steal for it!!
Maverick

Letart, WV

#13 Aug 22, 2010
AGAIN I have to side with Reno. 14 year old girls are out there bangin for pills not weed!!

Since: Jul 10

Flushing, NY

#14 Aug 27, 2010
Want to know why there is a drug problem in this town? Well that's simple, there are zero jobs well besides your fast food joints and a foodland and a couple of dollar stores. I guarentee if point would actually expand to meet expansion of the population in the last 10 years you wouldn't have this problem. Exactly what do we have for our kids to do around here. If they don't play football then they have nothing. Build a skatepark, build a go kart course. Build something for Christ sake. And of course people are going to sell drugs over work minumum wage. They can sit on they're ass and make $200 in an hour. It's common sense really
Maverick

Letart, WV

#15 Aug 27, 2010
I agree with Dr_Hate!! 100%
Cap

Bronx, NY

#16 Aug 27, 2010
Actually dr. Hate... I have to agree :( haha first smart thing I've heard you say!

Since: Jul 10

Newark, NJ

#17 Aug 29, 2010
Cap wrote:
Actually dr. Hate... I have to agree :( haha first smart thing I've heard you say!
there is a method to my madness. I don't always try to offend. I do care about my community even if it's not the easiest thing to do. Heed this warning. The cops will continue to crack down on the prescription pill problem. Which they should, but all that will happen is HERION. You think things are bad now just you wait. Herion is already here but they erase oxycontin off the shelves and this town will be turned on it's head. I wish you all the best dark days are ahead of us all.
Pride

Flushing, NY

#18 Aug 29, 2010
I agree , heroin is already a major problem.. So is HIV , 15 year old girls with it.. Pretty gross . Hep is even more rampant.
Top Gun

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Aug 29, 2010
Well, how does the stuff get into the county?let's make it very simple for the good cops to rid the county of everything! List who brings in what and from where. What is the method of transport and what day of the week? Who is bringing what into the schools? This information will be the PC (probable cause) needed by law enforcement to make their traffic stop and find some way to find the stuff! Eventually, when enough of the transporters go to jail, they will go somewhere else. The local dealers and users will also eventually leave. Just like a chain reaction! Make it happen! List it here!
TG
Cap

Newark, NJ

#20 Aug 30, 2010
People the cops are scared of, the black trash with mi . Va, Ohio plates on their cars! Now everyone is gonna call me the big bad racist, but, it's true!

Since: Aug 10

Ravenswood, WV

#21 Aug 30, 2010
Mike Grimm wrote:
Good job to area law enforcement. It's probably just the tip of the iceberg but I hope they continue to get monetary support to rid a small town of this kind of plague that seems to be filtering out to small communities. It doesn't seem to have stopped in Huntington which is a place that many people don't wish to go to anymore. The age of the arrested shows that someone else is out there lurking to trap the youth into this type of activity. Dayton? Why Point Pleasant? They think we are easy prey. Support your law enforcement. They need it.
You know what I do think our town is easy prey, any small town has a high demand for drugs, that's y they bring em from the big cities. But the thing is if there were things for our kids to do in this town (which is 50% of the people doing drugs) then our town wouldnt be such an easy target....I grew up in this town and I know from my own personal bad experience wat its like to be subjected to drugs everyday of ur life. But alot of times thier wasnt anything for us to do besides get in trouble and it was awful and it still is a very major problem for today's youth in this town! EVen the kids can see that they dont have anything to do? What's wrong with this town? Everyone is too worried about new cars and gambling halls, anything and everything except SOMETHING FOR OUR CHILDREN TO DO!! Why not build a skate park or an arcade, some kind of recreation center as a haven for kids who want to hang out and just be good kids. I know I would have went for that when I was younger instead of turning to drugs....all youth is troubled but that doesnt mean they have to get high to find fun and be happy......as a community we need to pull together and find a way to raise the funds for a brighter drug free future!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kayla Campbell 6 min WhyLie 15
Last Word + 2 Game (May '13) 22 min Red_Forman 843
*add a word/ drop a word (May '13) 22 min Red_Forman 1,775
~Word Association~ (Jan '12) 23 min Red_Forman 3,591
Drug Activity on Main Street 28 min Heardhehasroids 4
Keep a word-drop a word (Jul '14) 51 min notBeavis 509
Three Words Only... (Sep '12) 52 min notBeavis 3,887

Flood Warning for Mason County was issued at March 04 at 7:05AM EST

Henderson Dating
Find my Match