Henderson Police Department

Posted in the Henderson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
inquiry

Henderson, TX

#1 Jun 4, 2014
Can someone please tell me why our officers are not equipped with body/chest cameras. We all know money is not an issue. Helps keep everybody in check.
Knowitall

Dallas, TX

#2 Jun 5, 2014
inquiry wrote:
Can someone please tell me why our officers are not equipped with body/chest cameras. We all know money is not an issue. Helps keep everybody in check.
What do you mean money isn't an issue?? Those things ain't cheap and that department can't afford it for sure! More departments don't have than do have them.
just saying

Henderson, TX

#3 Jun 6, 2014
$200-$250 ...per cam. Thats one ticket. LoL
Boofoo

Henderson, TX

#4 Jun 6, 2014
just saying wrote:
$200-$250 ...per cam. Thats one ticket. LoL
Dude you really think they get the actual money from the tickets?? I checked on that one time and they get like less than 10% somewhere around 8% usually from each ticket they write. The rest goes to the state. Tickets don't make jack for money for the cities but it does for the state. Which is stupid as hell.
Jss

Henderson, TX

#5 Jun 16, 2014
The chest camera is a wonderful tool used to video document all that officers interactions with the public. This day and age they are affordable and available making them a must have for any department that strives for excellence.
Curious

Henderson, TX

#6 Jun 17, 2014
Heard the chief is retireing
Jss

Henderson, TX

#7 Jun 17, 2014
Who is the chief
Linnea Dickerson

Tatum, TX

#8 Jun 18, 2014
The camera vests are a huge cost to this department. The City budget allocated to the pd is not enough to upgrade to that level. If you live in Henderson, go to the council meetings, look at the budget allocations, join the Citizens Police Academy and be proactive in your City government. The City and this Department deserves it.
sowhat

Henderson, TX

#9 Jun 19, 2014
They don't deserve crap. most of them are power hungry punks. More professional older people are needed on the streets here. Many are rude, and dont deserve the time of day.
Jss

Henderson, TX

#10 Jun 20, 2014
They have the money. It's not about the money. HPD does not want them.
Schlepp

Memphis, TN

#11 Jun 21, 2014
Jss wrote:
They have the money. It's not about the money. HPD does not want them.
They would wear them in a heartbeat cause it would show how much of an asshole some people are when they get pulled over. Most cops ain't scared of being videoed and would love to have that kind of technology to cover there asses. But this backwoods department don't have the money for that I don't care what you think.
citizen

Henderson, TX

#12 Jun 21, 2014
Its not a backwoods department, that would be overton. The money is not the issue, the police like to be able to bend the truth a lil bit on the police reports. I personally would like to see henderson get them but who knows.
Schlepp

Henderson, TX

#13 Jun 21, 2014
citizen wrote:
Its not a backwoods department, that would be overton. The money is not the issue, the police like to be able to bend the truth a lil bit on the police reports. I personally would like to see henderson get them but who knows.
You got proof of that? Didn't think so. I talked to a couple of the guys here before about it and they want them they just ain't got the budget for it. Not every damn cop or department is crooked you know. Some are but not all.
Idiots

White Oak, TX

#14 Jul 1, 2014
As soon as the lights are initiated on every police vehicle the camera comes on and every police officer wears a mic. This is the case at most depts...
Linnea Dickerson

Tatum, TX

#15 Jul 9, 2014
Idiots is correct, and this Department equips the cars with same. Again, be pro-active in your City government...go to council meetings, see where your monies are allocated, know who your council representative is, join the Citizens Police Academy alumni association. Support the department that protects you.
yup

Henderson, TX

#16 Jul 9, 2014
Ms Dickerson, what if money was not an issue? Then what would your stance be?
Linnea Dickerson

Tatum, TX

#17 Jul 17, 2014
My stance would be that the vests would be greatly appreciated by these officers in this department. However, I would still urge you to go to the council meetings, know your council person,, look at the budget allocations, join the hpdcpaaa, or rusk county crime fighters. Understand, many funds are raised by hpdcpaaa to purchase equipment needs. This is a great department and nice city. Be pro-active in both. You could better understand how the City is run, you would have a real forum through your councilperson for complaints, affirmation, and a sharing of ideas to benefit your ideals for your City and the different departments. That stance is a win win situation.
Yup

Henderson, TX

#18 Jul 18, 2014
Whitehouse pd has them. That's how they have video of an officer throwing a female joger to the ground for not talking to him.
I dont understand

United States

#19 Aug 8, 2014
I do not know why but i have seen a lot of people doing things wrong and the police do not do anything. I dont know if they are told not to because whatever will not help or just dont care. I do know that neither i or many others feel like it is ok to call the police because instead of fixing a problem they would rather try to get on to the person that called. Does anyone know why the pd cant tell the diffrence between right and wrong?
Fuddy

Henderson, TX

#20 Aug 15, 2014
I dont understand wrote:
I do not know why but i have seen a lot of people doing things wrong and the police do not do anything. I dont know if they are told not to because whatever will not help or just dont care. I do know that neither i or many others feel like it is ok to call the police because instead of fixing a problem they would rather try to get on to the person that called. Does anyone know why the pd cant tell the diffrence between right and wrong?
They are told what to do by the higher ups all the time. They are told they can't enforce traffic laws in a lot of areas cuz some rich bitch important person got stopped for speeding or something and threw a fit about it to the right people. The patrol cops have there hands tied all the time on what they can or can't do or they'll get in trouble. You want to get one in trouble just complain to the city manager or some other big wig and that shit will roll down hill to the police department. It's a bunch of bullshit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake forest park, will it survive!? Apr 17 Sterling Marlin 7
pregnant girls in town? haha (Jun '13) Apr 12 Shes not that old 45
Downtown businesses (Apr '17) Apr 11 WanderingWander 5
The cookie jar Apr 10 Midixon Uranus 5
Scarlett letter Apr 10 Midixon Uranus 2
You know your from Henderson if ... (Jul '08) Apr 10 Midixon Uranus 230
Britney waller (Jun '17) Apr 3 Honeybee 3

Henderson Jobs

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages