Why doesnt Lion Stadium have turf????

Posted in the Henderson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

United States

#1 Jun 9, 2012
I think that the HHS Lions and Soccer and all other activities should deserve some turf for all their hard work and commitment!
Notagain

Henderson, TX

#2 Jun 9, 2012
I do too. Who do you suggest pay for it?

Since: Jun 12

East Saint Louis, IL

#3 Jun 9, 2012
Astro turf promotes the spread of mrsa
Concerned

Henderson, TX

#4 Jun 10, 2012
I think it would be a good thing if they gt turf instead of playing on a uneven field
goofus

Henderson, TX

#5 Jun 10, 2012
Heck everybody got turf except Lions. I love the Lions and I want turf for them. comeon people lets get turf.
cost

United States

#6 Jun 11, 2012
Considering the school just spent over 5 million on an indoor practice field. I seriously doubt they get that passed to do turf. School needs to use its money more wisely. I'm sorry, I forgot football comes before education. Forgive me. Lol
Lionbacker

Henderson, TX

#7 Jun 11, 2012
I don't think that football, soccer, band, or anything should come before education but I think they are all part of a well rounded education. There are lessons learned in a lot of extra curricular classes, band, athletics, drama, art,etc. that cannot be learned in some of the "academic" classes. That being said, I agree we need to spend our money wisely. I think if you look at the cost of upkeep and maintenance on the existing field it may surprise you how economical a turf field may be. Don't know for sure but just saying. I for one would vote to have turf, even if it cost me a little more in taxes so our kids could have a field to be proud of. And no NOT JUST FOOTBALL kids.
real thing

Henderson, TX

#8 Jun 11, 2012
The money for the indoor facility was oil and gas revenue..no added taxes.
Lots of kids use it including the girls softball team on bad days-may have been the difference in them going to state in softball. It is full of kids and not just football players. go sometime and see for yourself.
priorities

Henderson, TX

#9 Jun 11, 2012
People we need a new stadium, forget the turf, it will come.
We need a new Middle School more than we need anything else.
DR

Henderson, TX

#10 Jun 12, 2012
real thing wrote:
The money for the indoor facility was oil and gas revenue..no added taxes.
Lots of kids use it including the girls softball team on bad days-may have been the difference in them going to state in softball. It is full of kids and not just football players. go sometime and see for yourself.
No the money used for the indoor practice field was part of the bond election with Wiley school.
cost

Henderson, TX

#11 Jun 12, 2012
I never said the where money came from. The only way they get a new field or turf is from a bond and that won't pass right now. I really doubt oil and has monies were earmarked for a indoor practice field. I was told they had choices with the money and they went the route of indoor practice field. Sorry kids no new computers in the classroom.
Taxpayer

Victoria, TX

#12 Jun 12, 2012
The indoor practice facility did not cost $5 million. The district spent $5 mil. on improvements to the high school with a little over $1 mil. going towards the indoor and the rest for dressing rooms and adding dressing rooms to the gym as well as other things to the high school. The school board now realizes that the indoor was probably not the best decision to make. The turf is something that will be very hard to get now that people are so negative towards athletics because of the indoor and other things. A study has been done and turf is cheaper in the long run than maintaining grass. There is a lot of money spent each year on mowing, spraying, fertilizing, watering, and painting the lines. This expense can run over $50,000 per year. The turf costs around $1 million and lasts aprr. 15 years. Then to replace the turf is around $300,000. As a taxpayer I would rather have the turf.
Lionbacker

Henderson, TX

#13 Jun 12, 2012
Very well said Taxpayer
Concerned

United States

#14 Jun 13, 2012
I think so because it is costing so much just to repaint every week when you could be just re-applying turf every 2 or 3 weeks
wondering

United States

#15 Jun 13, 2012
Is carthage and henderson still gonna play since they change districts?
Taxpayer is wrong

Henderson, TX

#16 Jun 13, 2012
Problem with taxpayer's post is it is filled with lies and half-truths.

If that isn't a concern, continue to agree.

The indoor facility cost over $5 million. The other improvements were around $1 million.$6 million total. How taxpayer lies and comes up with $1 million for the Dickie Dome is hilarious. What's even more entertaining is how many believe and agree with the post.
Hendersonite

Henderson, TX

#17 Jun 14, 2012
Taxpayer is wrong wrote:
Problem with taxpayer's post is it is filled with lies and half-truths.
If that isn't a concern, continue to agree.
The indoor facility cost over $5 million. The other improvements were around $1 million.$6 million total. How taxpayer lies and comes up with $1 million for the Dickie Dome is hilarious. What's even more entertaining is how many believe and agree with the post.
You are the one that is wrong. The price was 4.8 million with approximately 1.2 million spent on the practice facility.
Taxpayer is wrong

Henderson, TX

#18 Jun 14, 2012
Hendersonite wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that is wrong. The price was 4.8 million with approximately 1.2 million spent on the practice facility.
Link?

But let's say you're right.

$5 million vs $4.8
or
$1 million vs $4.8

Who is at least trying to tell the truth?
Taxpayer is wrong

Henderson, TX

#19 Jun 14, 2012
Wait, I just reread your post. lmao...another liar.

$1.2 for the dome? Yeah, that's a flat out lie.
Taxpayer

Victoria, TX

#20 Jun 15, 2012
I have checked into the numbers since my other post and Hendersonite is correct. The indoor was approx. 1.2 million. I stated in the other post that it was a little over 1 million. I still don't think it was right and I still don't agree with the indoor being built.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HISD job listings 6 hr little bit 3
chase holts 19 hr Uno 19
deadbeat daddy 22 hr Ashley orr 16
News Rusk County Shooting Suspect Now Facing Drug Ch... (Jul '08) Tue Just me 48
Really Good Dope Jun 27 helping others in... 3
Can't Handle The Truth Jun 27 Oh Yeah 8
Beware of Brad Darragh (Jun '15) Jun 27 OneLessVictim 7

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages