Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

So..has this been reported yet, and if not, who would you report, it to?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is TRUTH from the Veterans of Foreign Wars:
When flags or pennants of states, cities or societies are flown on the same halyard with the Flag of the U.S.A., the latter should always be at the peak. When flown from adjacent staffs, the U.S. Flag should be hoisted first and lowered last.
Whatever you witnessed in Ohio was still INCORRECT. The Stars and Stripes is ALWAYS the highest flag flown. The exception to this rule is during church services conducted by a naval chaplain at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the Flag during church services for navy personnel (Sec 3, c of Public Law 107).
Note the use of the word "should" and the absence of the word "shall". "Should" insinuates that it is normal protocol but not necessarily a protocol bound by any law. And old Sterling still thinks some posters on this board need to lighten up and stop taking everything so freaking serious. Once again....Thank ya....thank ya very much....ya have been a beautiful audience.
Ward Burton

Carthage, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Sterling Marlin wrote:
<quoted text>
The folks bellyaching about someone flying "The Star of David" on Israels Independence Day. Now if they had that flag flying above an Earnhardt Sr flag ya would have yourself a problem.
Couldn't agree more!
BBHC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>This is TRUTH from the Veterans of Foreign Wars:
When flags or pennants of states, cities or societies are flown on the same halyard with the Flag of the U.S.A., the latter should always be at the peak. When flown from adjacent staffs, the U.S. Flag should be hoisted first and lowered last.

Whatever you witnessed in Ohio was still INCORRECT. The Stars and Stripes is ALWAYS the highest flag flown. The exception to this rule is during church services conducted by a naval chaplain at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the Flag during church services for navy personnel (Sec 3, c of Public Law 107).
This verifies what I said. The "US Flag filed highest" only applies when flags are flown FROM THE SAME POLE.
One time

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

BBHC wrote:
<quoted text>
This verifies what I said. The "US Flag filed highest" only applies when flags are flown FROM THE SAME POLE.
* flied
BBHC

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

*flies
christian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

how is it disrespectful to fly an israeli flag.
USA-1

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

christian wrote:
how is it disrespectful to fly an israeli flag.
Read my other posts about the CORRECT way to fly a flag. NO FLAG shall be flown above the Stars and Stripes (with one exception). The Islaeli flag can be flown with NO DISRESPECT, as long as OUR flag is highest. And I can only assume you're an American. If you are, you should KNOW the rules and regulations.
BBHC

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my other posts about the CORRECT way to fly a flag. NO FLAG shall be flown above the Stars and Stripes (with one exception). The Islaeli flag can be flown with NO DISRESPECT, as long as OUR flag is highest. And I can only assume you're an American. If you are, you should KNOW the rules and regulations.
Wrong. "No flag shall fly above the US flag" and " the "US flag shall be highest" are two separate issues which you have confused. There is no rule about the US flag being the highest when flown with other flags from separate flag poles. The only restriction is that the US flag has to be in the position of honor (its own right). The US flag does fly highest when the flags in question are flown FROM THE SAME FLAGPOLE. There is no rule about Texas getting to fly the Lone Star flag the same height a the US flag and the other states not. That's just a Texanism that's been handed down.
USA-1

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

BBHC wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. "No flag shall fly above the US flag" and " the "US flag shall be highest" are two separate issues which you have confused. There is no rule about the US flag being the highest when flown with other flags from separate flag poles. The only restriction is that the US flag has to be in the position of honor (its own right). The US flag does fly highest when the flags in question are flown FROM THE SAME FLAGPOLE. There is no rule about Texas getting to fly the Lone Star flag the same height a the US flag and the other states not. That's just a Texanism that's been handed down.
I'm just quoting what I have in a "Etiquette of the Stars and Stripes" booklet that I was given by the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Rule #20 (in the booklet) reads as follows:

When a number of flags of states or cities, or pennants of societies are grouped and displayed from staffs with the U. S. Flag, the latter should be at the center and highest point of the group (Sec. 3, e).

Yes, I'm proud of the Texas flag but I still don't think it is to be flown at the SAME height as the Stars and Stripes. Next time I see a veteran or someone who KNOWS the rules of flags, I'll clarify it with him or her.
BBHC

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time I see a veteran or someone who KNOWS the rules of flags, I'll clarify it with him or her.
You already have. I'm a veteran and I'm interested in vexillology.
USA-1

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Hmmmmmm.....it has been said that everyone should learn one new thing a day and today I learned a new word. Vexillology: the study of flags.

Thanks! You probably do well on Jeopardy!, don't you?
hne

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

He would if they accepted his bullshit and wikipedia knowledge on EVERY subject. I've yet to see a topic that he was not an expert on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Henderson Forum right now

Search the Henderson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr hollyfran 632
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr hollyfran 16,020
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 5 hr Hey 678
bbabby mAMmA 14 hr LMMFAO 3
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 18 hr Edthirty 20,360
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 18 hr oithere 585
middle aged white guy = dummy 20 hr truth 10
•••
•••
•••
Henderson Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Henderson Jobs

•••
•••
•••