crooked cops
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
i am so right

Henderson, TX

#1 Mar 21, 2008
I am so tired of hearing about crooked cops!!! How come they never get what they deserve which is the max and not just a slap on the hand. Did anyone hear about the law enforcement in Tyler? Where they were getting inmates to collect crap metal and going to sell it while the officers were pocketing the money, and getting them to do personal work like working on their cars etc....This is allot of bull! And the only thing smith county is going to do is try to sweep it under the rug, like they always do . They should not be investigating anything. Bring in the Rangers to do the investigating.

Since: Feb 08

Henderson

#2 Mar 21, 2008
i am so right wrote:
I am so tired of hearing about crooked cops!!! How come they never get what they deserve which is the max and not just a slap on the hand. Did anyone hear about the law enforcement in Tyler? Where they were getting inmates to collect crap metal and going to sell it while the officers were pocketing the money, and getting them to do personal work like working on their cars etc....This is allot of bull! And the only thing smith county is going to do is try to sweep it under the rug, like they always do . They should not be investigating anything. Bring in the Rangers to do the investigating.
Not sure where you got your info, and I can only rely on what I read in the Tyler paper and heard on both Tyler TV stations, All 3 news sources didn't say what you're saying. The sheriff basically said the 4 were fired and the Texas Rangers were immediately called to investigate, and charges could be filed - depending on the outcome of the Rangers' findings. This is standard procedure. You said they shouldn't investigate - why?! Would you want your employer fire you first, then check on things? Once the dept found their findings were substantiated, they notified the Rangers for a full, third-party investigation. You're right, the cops were wrong in what they did, but the sheriff took the proper steps.
Innocent Bystander

Henderson, TX

#3 Mar 21, 2008
i am so right wrote:
Your are SO right! Actually the HPD Officers are better than average, especially when you need one.
Rebby

Henderson, TX

#4 Mar 21, 2008
Smooth Sailing wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure where you got your info, and I can only rely on what I read in the Tyler paper and heard on both Tyler TV stations, All 3 news sources didn't say what you're saying. The sheriff basically said the 4 were fired and the Texas Rangers were immediately called to investigate, and charges could be filed - depending on the outcome of the Rangers' findings. This is standard procedure. You said they shouldn't investigate - why?! Would you want your employer fire you first, then check on things? Once the dept found their findings were substantiated, they notified the Rangers for a full, third-party investigation. You're right, the cops were wrong in what they did, but the sheriff took the proper steps.
no tyler should not get to investigate anyting is what i was saying.
Rebby

Henderson, TX

#5 Mar 21, 2008
Smooth Sailing wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess. But we all still know that them being fired will be the extent of what happens to them. Fine what goes around comes around.
Rebby

Henderson, TX

#6 Mar 21, 2008
smooth sailing here is what i was talking about.......... it's on kltv.They're accused of pocketing county money, even using jail inmates to work on their personal property. And now, they could face felony criminal charges. KLTV 7's Tracy Watler examines the Smith County Sheriff's Department, now, without four of its officers.

"They know the first week that you go to school that you don't do the things that they've done."

Smith County Sheriff J.B. Smith is talking about four of his own. Deputies, he says, the department has been investigating since January.

"Not only was department policy violated, but a couple of instances they were using county prisoners for personal use...working on automobiles, working on a motorcycle, personal lawnmowers and weed-eaters and things of that nature," Smith explains.

And because of that, detention officers Brandon Langston, Benjamin Hicks and Jeff Hudnall and Lieutenant Gary Lile have been fired.

All four officers worked at the county's low-risk jail facility. In fact, Lt. Gary Lile was the facility's supervisor, a 12-year veteran with the department.

The four men are also accused of pocketing monies earned from selling scrap metal and stray livestock found that should have gone to the county's general fund.

"The public expects us to clean our own house, they expect when we find a violation, to handle it and to handle it in an appropriate way," says Smith.

The internal investigation is now being turned over to the Texas Rangers where felony criminal charges could be filed.

"It's been going on quite a while."

Smith says, for several years, so long, he says they don't have an exact figure as to how much money's been stolen.

"It's a sad day for us, but we have appropriate it action, we've got to be responsible for cleaning house and it's sad, but you have to let the chips fall where they may," says Sheriff Smith.

He says the county has not yet finished it's internal investigation so more people could be involved, and may face disciplinary action.

an this is what i said!
Rebby

Henderson, TX

#7 Mar 21, 2008
it does not matter anyway why do i care.
Kentuckian

Warrenville, IL

#8 Mar 28, 2008
Rebby wrote:
it does not matter anyway why do i care.
Lt. Lile committed suicide Thursday.
Rebby

Henderson, TX

#9 Mar 28, 2008
Kentuckian wrote:
<quoted text>
Lt. Lile committed suicide Thursday.
That is sad. Just kinda makes you wonder if there are worse things going on. Just would not think that would be something to kill yourself over. I will pray for him and his family.
EEEEEKKKK

Henderson, TX

#10 Mar 28, 2008
I think people who live here should spend more time worring and doing things about what is going on in our county, or post under smith county.
Rebby

Henderson, TX

#11 Mar 28, 2008
then don't read this!
EEEEEEK

Henderson, TX

#12 Mar 28, 2008
Boy ur hate full little wrench rebby, what crawled up ur butt today!!!
Rebby

Henderson, TX

#13 Mar 28, 2008
not a thing! It happens everywhere, not just here. and there are people from all states in this forum so i guess you would say the same thing to them??
Rebby

Henderson, TX

#14 Mar 28, 2008
EEEEEEK wrote:
Boy ur hate full little wrench rebby, what crawled up ur butt today!!!
i was not trying to be hateful, atleast i did not call you names. thanks for hurting somones feelings.
bub by

Henderson, TX

#15 Mar 29, 2008
i heard that the dirty dope agent at the sheriff office was leaving. bout time by by bd
Things to think about

Lindale, TX

#16 Mar 30, 2008
People should really get all the info before spouting off at the mouth. We all have done wrong at one point and time. The case is being handled by the Texas Rangers and we must put our trust in them to find out what really happened. If people would support the local law enforement instead of bad mouthing them everytime you turn around. Think about it...are you big enough to walk in their shoes for a day, do you have the heart to do what they do. I will tell you that I am not and I am glad to know that these men and women are there watching over me everyday. Yes people do things wrong, we all do, but have alittle compassion for what his wife and son is going thur. Think about his friends and family. What if you were in his shoes, what then.
Pirtle 4 Sheriff

Henderson, TX

#17 Mar 31, 2008
Today is the first day of early voting for the sheriff runoff. You can early vote at the courthouse. Go Vote! Vote Danny Pirtle!
ttt

Henderson, TX

#18 Apr 2, 2008
bub by wrote:
i heard that the dirty dope agent at the sheriff office was leaving. bout time by by bd
So when is BD leaving and Why.
gone with the wind

Henderson, TX

#19 Apr 3, 2008
ttt wrote:
<quoted text> So when is BD leaving and Why.
He resigned last week.
John wiggins

Providence, RI

#20 Dec 13, 2008
I served under LT Lile for many years. He was a dedicated officer to his county and to the officers who served under him and beside him. I strongly believe that all the officers are innocent, cause I worked with them for along time. I am very sad he is gone , the truth will come out of who the real crook his . I know smith county like the back of my hand

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chase holts 6 hr stupid women 20
deadbeat daddy 6 hr stupid women 17
HISD job listings 13 hr little bit 3
News Rusk County Shooting Suspect Now Facing Drug Ch... (Jul '08) Tue Just me 48
Really Good Dope Jun 27 helping others in... 3
Can't Handle The Truth Jun 27 Oh Yeah 8
Beware of Brad Darragh (Jun '15) Jun 27 OneLessVictim 7

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages