First Prev
of 4
Next Last
i think

United States

#1 Jul 20, 2009
About all the sexual offenders in the Henderson and Rusk County area in the Henderson Daily News.
My question is this, are they made to put signs in thier yards so we can protect our family?
If not there should be a law passed to make them do that.
justsoyouknow

Henderson, TX

#2 Jul 20, 2009
No they are not made to put signs in their yards.
Im not defending child molesters, BUT do you know that if an 18yo has sex with a 16yo(or younger) they are classified as a child molester. They have to go thru the same things as an old man who molested a 6yo.
I know

Henderson, TX

#3 Jul 20, 2009
Sooooo, and your point.
It is a minor, be it male or female. 18 is considered an adult.
Redheaded Stranger

Henderson, TX

#4 Jul 20, 2009
I have a neighbor at the corner of Theron and Colonial who is a reg sex offender. According to the website his victim was 8yo. We did not know about him til he had lived there 4 years. I have my Grandchildren who come to my home. I would have appreciated a heads up from anyone about this threat. I never really gave it a thought because there are many many small children who live in the home with him. Thats our tax dollars at work folks. We spend more to defend a criminal in court than we do trying to protect his next victim.
Ethyl Methyl

Henderson, TX

#5 Jul 20, 2009
"there are many many small children who live in the home with him."
If you haven't already done so, please report this fact to law enforcement.
I can't believe you posted about it on Henderson Topix before you reported it.
Tell us it isn't so.
BBHC

Doha, Qatar

#6 Jul 20, 2009
I know wrote:
Sooooo, and your point.
It is a minor, be it male or female. 18 is considered an adult.
I think the point was, two underage kids get to messing around, one is slightly older than the other. Nothing illegal there (not morally right, though). As soon as the older one passes 18 yrs old, what was not illegal the day before is now a crime. I bet there are more than a few dads of girls at HHS who'd appreciate this information.

Some guy in Texas got busted this way and has to spend the rest of his life keeping his address updated in the registry. He later married the girl but that doesn't matter. The report I read was they were wondering if they could have a baby because technically he's not supposed to have kids in the house.
justsoyouknow

Henderson, TX

#7 Jul 21, 2009
BBHC wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the point was, two underage kids get to messing around, one is slightly older than the other. Nothing illegal there (not morally right, though). As soon as the older one passes 18 yrs old, what was not illegal the day before is now a crime. I bet there are more than a few dads of girls at HHS who'd appreciate this information.
Some guy in Texas got busted this way and has to spend the rest of his life keeping his address updated in the registry. He later married the girl but that doesn't matter. The report I read was they were wondering if they could have a baby because technically he's not supposed to have kids in the house.
Thank You!!!
There are many many guys that this has happened to. Have they commited any other "sex crimes"? Heck no! They were just young and dumb and... well you know the saying.
justsoyouknow

Henderson, TX

#8 Jul 21, 2009
I forgot to add, What about all the young girls who lie about their age? Are the guys suppose to ID everygirl they come in contact with?
BBHC

Doha, Qatar

#9 Jul 21, 2009
justsoyouknow wrote:
I forgot to add, What about all the young girls who lie about their age? Are the guys suppose to ID everygirl they come in contact with?
Well in another era the question would've been are they supposed to "F" every girl they come in contact with?
share

Henderson, TX

#10 Jul 21, 2009
ignorance is no excuse from law. if he proves she lied about age he could avoid conviction. being found guilty is final, that is why we have juries, and if he pleads guilty, there is a reason for that. Control your urges, or pay the price.
Just me

Marshall, TX

#11 Jul 21, 2009
What is so bad, take a 16 year old girl and an 18 year old boy, both know what they are doing and both consent to it and then mom and or dad finds out about it and BAM the boy goes to jail. Why ???because he is in the eyes of the law an adult and she is still a minor. Now the boy has to register as a sex offender. What is wrong with this picture ?
share

Henderson, TX

#12 Jul 21, 2009
what is wrong is the boy should know better when he ding-dongs the door bell. Unless he is an animal with no sense of right and wrong. I knew I was in jeopardy if I did that at 18. Quit making excuses for bad behavior. the lines have to be drawn somewhere, and that is where they are.
Just me

Marshall, TX

#13 Jul 21, 2009
I'm not making excuses. But it takes two to tango and WHY is the blame always the boy ? 18 or younger.
i think

United States

#14 Jul 21, 2009
I think this has got off track. I was talking about all the ones listed in the Henderson Daily News as sex offenders.. They should have signs in their yards so we could protect our family our children. So we would know where to live or not to live in and around these people.
Just me

Marshall, TX

#15 Jul 21, 2009
I'm sorry, I think I'm the one that got off track. But I do agree with the signs.
Internet

Tyler, TX

#16 Jul 21, 2009
There are websites that anyone can go to and see a map of their neighborhood and see where reg. sex offenders live and what they did, most show pics too. I think one is called Neighborhood Watchdog or something...
Internet

Tyler, TX

#17 Jul 21, 2009
And Im not in Lubbock, I dont know why its saying that
justsoyouknow

United States

#18 Jul 21, 2009
i think wrote:
I think this has got off track. I was talking about all the ones listed in the Henderson Daily News as sex offenders.. They should have signs in their yards so we could protect our family our children. So we would know where to live or not to live in and around these people.
Not everyone on that list is your typical sex offender. Theres one I know for sure that was 18 and slept with a 15yo girl. Not that I approve of the kid, infact I dont like him at all. I didnt like him the first time I met him, before he commited his "sex crime".
Redheaded Stranger

Henderson, TX

#19 Jul 22, 2009
Ethyl Methyl wrote:
"there are many many small children who live in the home with him."
If you haven't already done so, please report this fact to law enforcement.
I can't believe you posted about it on Henderson Topix before you reported it.
Tell us it isn't so.
Yes I have reported it to CPS and HISD. No one seems to be very interested, I actually got a heavy sigh and a "We'll check it out" from CPS. This matter has been reported by many residents and the children are still there. And no I did not post it here before I reported it. I am a more responsible person than that.
Be Informed

Granbury, TX

#20 Jul 23, 2009
https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/Sor... This site will give you all registered offenders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bobby bane dead (Feb '14) 19 hr Henderson 17
The decline of Henderson 20 hr James 4
Zane. Ugh. 23 hr Feel it 12
Pumpkns Downtown 23 hr Pretty 3
Henderson Police Department 23 hr HPD 25
R&R Trucking (Apr '14) Sat Sad people 34
Tell a "story" Oct 16 Hih 9
Henderson Dating
Find my Match

Henderson Jobs

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Henderson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Henderson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]