Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
15,781 - 15,800 of 22,248 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
rebel

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

I can plow a field ALL day long
JIM

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

tesd
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Texan wrote:
As I said semi-educated. You do not impress anyone Barney.
Is that what you seek. To impress others. Hmmm typical republican ploy of projection. Ahh but here you are. Once again. Leave all your troubles by the riverside. Commenting on all your troubles. What a crying shame. God bless the child thatís got his own. Texís mother may have, and his papa may have, but god bless Tex who has got his own. But when the monies are all gone and the friends evaporate, god bless Tex, for heíll stand and proclaim that he has his own.
demo

Victoria, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

perry is evil
BIG BAD JOHN

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

demo wrote:
perry is evil

Yeaaa shall i foward mr perry your message? I think the man would be pissed.
BIG BAD JOHN

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you seek. To impress others. Hmmm typical republican ploy of projection. Ahh but here you are. Once again. Leave all your troubles by the riverside. Commenting on all your troubles. What a crying shame. God bless the child thatís got his own. Texís mother may have, and his papa may have, but god bless Tex who has got his own. But when the monies are all gone and the friends evaporate, god bless Tex, for heíll stand and proclaim that he has his own.
Mr barney are bean head leave the forum.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Go tell it on the mountains. Let my peopole go. Yup people are moving to Texas. Iím not supposed to reveal this but since your such a nice guy Iíll share it with you but donít tell anybody else. Those that are moving there are those that will help you eradicate that republican infection of yours.
Hey donít tell me not to brag. When Florida is #1 in political corruption, how can one not proclaim it through out the world.
Ahh yes the Bushwhackers. How can that ever be lived down. Roberts of the Supreme Court, perhaps he has that answerer. Hmmm could it have something as to why Roberts voted for Obamacare?
This land is your land from the shores of California to the shores of Florida; this land was made for you and me. We can all now sing in the sunshine and lie beneath the lemon tree. Assimilating what it has to teach us.{Lemon tree very pretty and the lemon flower is sweat but the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eatÖ} Kumbaya .. Some one is thinking lord , Kumbaya, oh lord Kumbaya.
MR.Forand, do you know why I'm a happy person? Because I know, change is the only constant.Texas will be here, democrat or republican though it may be.Time passes, entropy increases, one day Texas will be no more, as will this earth.You and I, Mr.Forand, will be gone before that.Lets just take it as it comes.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times does one turn their heads and pretend not to see. Ahh you have me. Come and visit me. I have the penthouse at the pleasure of the Sovereign State of FloridaÖ Health Care, no taxes, food, clothing, free grounds maintenance , world at my finger tips, to enjoy at my leisure, full retirement benefits, and much more, all provided for me.
I will leave word with my security to allow your visit, if you would care to honor me with your presence. Do come and we can frolic through its sovereign grounds. By the time we get through A,B,C,D, you will come to discover the freedoms of the ultimate welfare waiting to care for you.
Another clueÖ Ha, ha you could call it a blue clue.
Mr.Forand, I'm an old man, soon to go the way of all flesh.I gave up being a liar, as it wasn't getting me where I wanted to be anyway.This I'll say, then.World needs people like you.Whether the world likes it or not, because you have a unique way of looking at things.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Barney you fail to impress, I do not care to impress. True friends do not evaporate, however should the time come that I must stand alone, so let it be written, so let it be done, and I WILL face it UNAFRAID!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
Barney you fail to impress, I do not care to impress. True friends do not evaporate, however should the time come that I must stand alone, so let it be written, so let it be done, and I WILL face it UNAFRAID!
Hello Texan.I'm moving to North Carolina tomorrow, got a job doing reloads there, with my girlfriend.I'll keep in touch.Give em hell.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Good luck waco, catch a Panthers game for me. Be safe and God bless.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Texan wrote:

Hey there baby; Go back into your time machine and link me to who first proposed the issue of ďImpressionĒ. Hmmm. Waco is leaving Texas and the exodus continues.
Unafraid? For heavens sake why fear. Let in on a secret. You really have nothing to fear other than fear itself. Imagine there is no ďHellĒ below us.
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Sally that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Sally kept shouting "Oh my God."
This demonstratets that we are but stewards of this world and we own nothing within it. The cycle of life...
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> MR.Forand, do you know why I'm a happy person? Because I know, change is the only constant.Texas will be here, democrat or republican though it may be.Time passes, entropy increases, one day Texas will be no more, as will this earth.You and I, Mr.Forand, will be gone before that.Lets just take it as it comes.

Waco has insight to the enlightenment of the cosmos. All of our atoms will be predisposed to a Varity of forms and Energies. Perhaps a fitting epitaph for you and me would go something like this;

Epitaph

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
Iím not there, I do not sleep.
Iím a thousand winds that blows.
Iím the sunlight on the ripened grain.
Iím the gentle Autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morningsí hush,
Iím the swift uplifting rush of quite birds circling into the light.
Iím the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave.
Iím not there.
Iím not dead.

Sounds like the poet Rupert Brooke not sure though. Just some stuff I pick up in the books that I read. I as you, in the winter of my years. The Harvest moon is settling on the horizone. Jack Frost has cast his shadow and it grows out reaching to take my hand and no doubt to nip at my nose!

Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Yeah,yeah,yeah; what ever Barney. Not impressed.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Well Mr.Forand, fate takes me from my beloved Texas, or perhaps destiny.It was a lot easier for me to relocate to North Carolina, then for my true love to come to Texas, although it hurts me to do so, as I leave a friend I love dearly in Texas, to go to North Carolina.I've arranged to return once a month to visit my friend in Texas for a week at a time.Oddly enough, I seem to fit in in North Carolina as if I'd been there all my life.Strange.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
Good luck waco, catch a Panthers game for me. Be safe and God bless.
I'll still show up on Topix, after all,I met my girl on Topix.In a strange accident of fate, when I got on the Trinity, Texas forum, it took me to the Trinity, North Carolina forum, where I met the woman of my dreams.God bless you as well Texan. I got your back!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Waco has insight to the enlightenment of the cosmos. All of our atoms will be predisposed to a Varity of forms and Energies. Perhaps a fitting epitaph for you and me would go something like this;
Epitaph
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
Iím not there, I do not sleep.
Iím a thousand winds that blows.
Iím the sunlight on the ripened grain.
Iím the gentle Autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morningsí hush,
Iím the swift uplifting rush of quite birds circling into the light.
Iím the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave.
Iím not there.
Iím not dead.
Sounds like the poet Rupert Brooke not sure though. Just some stuff I pick up in the books that I read. I as you, in the winter of my years. The Harvest moon is settling on the horizone. Jack Frost has cast his shadow and it grows out reaching to take my hand and no doubt to nip at my nose!
Not bad, Mr.Forand.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Anyone who doesn't believe in GOD should delve into Quantum Mechanics for awhile.
BIG BAD JOHN

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Hello Texan.I'm moving to North Carolina tomorrow, got a job doing reloads there, with my girlfriend.I'll keep in touch.Give em hell.

Mr waco you say your an old man? really? You have a girlfriend? Your getting a new job doing reloads?Sounds to me like your a young fellow although i,am clueless as to why you told that nutcase beonard guy that your an old man, somehow i dont believe that. The person that gives the hell on this forum would be me. I don,t think mr texan can do the job like i can.
BIG BAD JOHN

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'll still show up on Topix, after all,I met my girl on Topix.In a strange accident of fate, when I got on the Trinity, Texas forum, it took me to the Trinity, North Carolina forum, where I met the woman of my dreams.God bless you as well Texan. I got your back!

Yes i bet you will show up on topix now and then and i bet you i will be here too. Yeaaa meeting girls on topix? one that you don,t know very well? sounds strange if you ask me. How old is this girl? You said once you were an old man? When you say girl what am i thinking? It makes me wonder if your talking about some-one under age my friend. I certainly hope not!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hpd 1 hr jim 4
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr fubar 17,819
Town drinks leathered up losers! 6 hr Lmao 14
Kim and Jd Branham (Feb '14) 9 hr Sad 34
3-4month baby fall out of car seat at walmart 13 hr Nosey 5
Sombrero (Jun '13) 15 hr landlord 28
tailgaters 16 hr tailgater sympath... 4

Search the Henderson Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Henderson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000