Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#23475 Jul 9, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is... there's no such thing as a Jerk Store, George...
You should know. You would be their best customer.
here you go

Nacogdoches, TX

#23476 Jul 9, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it looks like we have another Marxist scumbag on here to deal with. I'm not sure that you want a thing like that taking care of any kids.
They can take care of these poor unfortunate small sweet "children" fleeing the violence of others. Maybe their mom will let the "children" share the basement with the 30-year old lib.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...

Poor, poor "children"
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#23477 Jul 9, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAAHAHAHAH!
What a m/f c/s liar!
You DIPSH!T You didn't read where you posted from.
HAHAAHAHAH!
And you can't take it like a man and admit it, HAHAHAHAHAHAH
What a pÁssy you are!!!
But we knew that, eh, BUTTERS, you KY-coated waste of skin...
Go crawl back under your rock, you Marxist piece of sh!t. The only waste of a human skin around here is you.
fubar

Garden Grove, CA

#23478 Jul 9, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go crawl back under your rock, you Marxist piece of sh!t. The only waste of a human skin around here is you.
Please go crawl back under your pointed white sheets and your burning crosses. Empathy and compassion are foreign words to you.I Defiant is not all that bright and often uses words beyond his reach. He may think he's talking to a relative of Groucho, or one of the other brothers.
here you go

Nacogdoches, TX

#23479 Jul 9, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>Please go crawl back under your pointed white sheets and your burning crosses. Empathy and compassion are foreign words to you.I Defiant is not all that bright and often uses words beyond his reach. He may think he's talking to a relative of Groucho, or one of the other brothers.
Most conservatives I know (not the filthy rich ones) are very empathetic and compassionate. They give of their time and money to help out the less fortunate. I've sponsored kids in south America through organizations that go into the poorest villages and find desperate people in desperate situations. It really broke my heart once when I was sponsoring an 11-year old girl who was forced into prostitution later. That being said, this issue on the border (if that is in fact what you are addressing) is not occurring because of empathy and compassion. It is a deliberate attempt to inflict pain on places that have conservative majorities. If it were a humanitarian effort, then doctors would not be barred under threat of arrest from letting us know what type of diseases are pouring across our borders. The reason "hush" orders were issued is because these "kids" like portrayed are not the innocent suffering ones. They are the ones inflicting the suffering on others.

I saw a story that said 80% of them are males and 80% are over 16. Regardless of who reported it or whether it is true or not WE are not allowed to find out for ourselves. What does that tell you?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#23480 Jul 9, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Most jobs created in this recovery are low-wage, study finds
May 1, 2014, 2:01 PM ET
http://blogs.marketwatch.com/capitolreport/20...
Both global and our American economy are an ever-evolving process. When all those often union, manufacturing jobs were shipped out and replaced with service and startup positions, wages were bound to lower....Corporate Greed is in high gear, as well.....Profit over employees or country is still popular....
here you go

Nacogdoches, TX

#23481 Jul 9, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Both global and our American economy are an ever-evolving process. When all those often union, manufacturing jobs were shipped out and replaced with service and startup positions, wages were bound to lower....Corporate Greed is in high gear, as well.....Profit over employees or country is still popular....
When Clinton was in office, NAFTA was passed about the same time the President granted China "most favored nation" trading status with the US. So, why did all these giant greedy corporations like Apple, GE, Wal-Mart and Dell (and many, many others) decide to set up shop in China and buy from China rather than Mexico? Surely the cost of transportation would have been a lot cheaper from Mexico, right?
here you go

Nacogdoches, TX

#23482 Jul 9, 2014
If all that manufacturing was being done in Mexico, then that would in a way "solve" the problem of so many people crossing the border to get jobs, right?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#23483 Jul 9, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know. You would be their best customer.
uh....

...yeah sure...George

Location hidden

#23484 Jul 9, 2014
here you go wrote:
<quoted text>
When Clinton was in office, NAFTA was passed
NAFTA was Reagan's invention.

and his baby.
here you go

Nacogdoches, TX

#23485 Jul 9, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
NAFTA was Reagan's invention.
and his baby.
Then good for him. At least you didn't blame Bush.

The point of the question was that at the time (1990s) there was an opportunity to enrich an LDC, either Mexico or China. Why did all these companies choose the Communists over our neighbors to the south?

Location hidden

#23486 Jul 9, 2014
here you go wrote:
<quoted text>
Then good for him. At least you didn't blame Bush.
Don't have to.

More than enough problems that make Bush the worst president in the last 80 years.

Wipe your chin, HomoOne.
fubar

Garden Grove, CA

#23488 Jul 10, 2014
here you go wrote:
<quoted text>
When Clinton was in office, NAFTA was passed about the same time the President granted China "most favored nation" trading status with the US. So, why did all these giant greedy corporations like Apple, GE, Wal-Mart and Dell (and many, many others) decide to set up shop in China and buy from China rather than Mexico? Surely the cost of transportation would have been a lot cheaper from Mexico, right?
Wages are cheaper in Mexico but they are virtual slave wages in China. When they moved those jobs to China a lot of the jobs paid less than twenty cents an hour and even less worker protections than in Mexico. Can you imagine how cheap wages are to make it worthwhile shipping stuff from China.
brad

Marlborough, CT

#23489 Jul 10, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Both global and our American economy are an ever-evolving process. When all those often union, manufacturing jobs were shipped out and replaced with service and startup positions, wages were bound to lower....Corporate Greed is in high gear, as well.....Profit over employees or country is still popular....
You people love,love love to bash America,yet,never offer up any alternatives to our "evil" business practices.

Should we be following Chinas business model,or Indias,perhaps we should fashion ourselves in the image of El Salvador or North Korea?
here you go

Nacogdoches, TX

#23490 Jul 10, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>Wages are cheaper in Mexico but they are virtual slave wages in China. When they moved those jobs to China a lot of the jobs paid less than twenty cents an hour and even less worker protections than in Mexico. Can you imagine how cheap wages are to make it worthwhile shipping stuff from China.
I vaguely remember reading that people at the Apple factory were making either $12 or $21 per week (don't quite remember the order of the numbers). And then they sell that crap here for $500. They make it with slaves and sell it at a price as if US workers made it. I'll bet poor ole Sam Walton is turning in his grave. Remember Walmart's original slogan "Made in America"?

Location hidden

#23492 Jul 10, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>Wages are cheaper in Mexico but they are virtual slave wages in China. When they moved those jobs to China a lot of the jobs paid less than twenty cents an hour and even less worker protections than in Mexico. Can you imagine how cheap wages are to make it worthwhile shipping stuff from China.
Seems like something may be happening in China, as BBC announced their trade surplus shifting, combined with recent violent protests in Hong Kong....Add in today's reveal of continued cyber spying by China ...and our Secretary of State in Beijing.......alot happening there.....

Location hidden

#23493 Jul 10, 2014
brad wrote:
<quoted text>
You people love,love love to bash America,yet,never offer up any alternatives to our "evil" business practices.
Should we be following Chinas business model,or Indias,perhaps we should fashion ourselves in the image of El Salvador or North Korea?
Here's hope that you can find someone that thinks like you....good luck....
here you go

Nacogdoches, TX

#23494 Jul 10, 2014
brad wrote:
<quoted text>
We brought this on ourselves with the unions. There was a time when American workers were truly oppressed and the unions served a purpose. Then the unions gained tremendous power and started demanding very unreasonable wages and benefits from companies manufacturing in America. Paying someone the equivalent of $90,000 per year (in today's dollars) plus benefits to turn a screw for 20 years, then they get to retire with full pay and benefits for the rest of their lives. This drove up prices and drove down our standard of living. And foreign firms were able to take advantage, step in and provide cheaper goods and it's been downhill for us ever since.

My dad, with a 6th grade education and a GED made less than $20,000 per year in the 1970s. I remember he bought a new mid-sized Ford for $3,000. He was a non-union physical laborer in the south and made enough to buy 6 new cars a year! How much would someone have to make to buy 6 new cars a year now?$150,000?

The solution would be to do whatever it would take to lure these manufacturing jobs back to the US. Most people would hate what it would take. For example, eliminating all income taxes for manufacturing firms might help but that would make many people very angry.
Joyce

United States

#23495 Jul 10, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't have to.
More than enough problems that make Bush the worst president in the last 80 years.
Wipe your chin, HomoOne.
According to the Quinnipiac Poll Barack Hussein Obama WON that distinction!

Location hidden

#23496 Jul 10, 2014
here you go wrote:
<quoted text>
I vaguely remember reading that people at the Apple factory were making either $12 or $21 per week
$285 a month.

And Chinese were fighting to get the jobs because that is a high wage in China.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sharon Daniels takes Jimerson's plea offer (Mar '07) Fri Raine 80
Christmas Dec 25 Santa Claus 1
snitching is at a all time high Dec 24 theyknow 14
Destinie Linn Webb looking for married men. Dec 23 no1important 10
Lone Star card (Aug '12) Dec 22 keeping in rral 41
Henderson is so pathetic Dec 22 Just Wondering 10
Has anyone ever had to deal with ALL AMERICAN A... (Jan '11) Dec 22 Donna Hill 23
Henderson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Henderson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Henderson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:39 am PST

NBC Sports11:39AM