Lone Star card
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wow

Henderson, TX

#1 Aug 16, 2012
I was standing behind a lady at the checkout at walmart last night, she had a cart full of food, and a large bottle of wine. The cashier gives her the total and she pulls out her lone star card to pay for her food, and then the cashier rings up her bottle of wine and the woman pays for it with a credit card!!! Come on woman REALLY!!! If your on food stamps just who in the heck is paying your credit card payments!!!!!!! This really pissed me off!!! Here my husband and I are , out working for everything that we have - plus paying for your food , and your housing , and your medical , and your dental!!! But your gonna pull out a credit card to pay for your wine, I am Pissed!!!
BBHC

Spring, TX

#2 Aug 16, 2012
wow wrote:
I was standing behind a lady at the checkout at walmart last night, she had a cart full of food, and a large bottle of wine. The cashier gives her the total and she pulls out her lone star card to pay for her food, and then the cashier rings up her bottle of wine and the woman pays for it with a credit card!!! Come on woman REALLY!!! If your on food stamps just who in the heck is paying your credit card payments!!!!!!! This really pissed me off!!! Here my husband and I are , out working for everything that we have - plus paying for your food , and your housing , and your medical , and your dental!!! But your gonna pull out a credit card to pay for your wine, I am Pissed!!!
Could've been her bank card. I use one too, better than checks. When the cashier says "debit or credit" I say " credit" but it's not a true credit card.
Jane Doe

United States

#3 Aug 16, 2012
wow wrote:
I pissed to because you stand in judgement. I'm disable due to a car wreck. I worked all my life till now. If your paying my bills I need more money and if your paying my dental tell me what dentist your paying. I call and make appiontment because I really need to go. Oh please be sure to pay a little more on my house so I can get it paid off a little faster. That way I'd have alittle more money to pay the rest of my bills. I do pray you never need help. Just want you to know you make me sick.
FYI
#4 Aug 16, 2012
Just so you know, many people who are foster parents or who have adopted older children have government assistance of some sort including Lone Star cards. This is so that more people are able to help kids have families when their own families haven't been there for them. I say if someone is helping kids and then that parent want a glass of wine at night, I'll buy them the wine, too. Maybe that was their situation, maybe not. You have no idea what their situation is, so don't assume that you do. If you are unhappy with your life, change it. If you were happy, you wouldn't poke around in others' business!
Thank you
#5 Aug 17, 2012
Well said
cowboy
#6 Aug 17, 2012
I saw a man that I know at the grocery store and he had 3 30 packs of beer in a buggy. He is on disability and gets food stamps also. I have knowwn him for years and know this a fact.
Grampa

Henderson, TX

#7 Aug 17, 2012
We all know that there are people that use The Lone Star card that really need it, don't care why.
But there are 10 times that many taking advantage of the system. They are the ones you should be pissed at. And we all know someone who is doing it.
wow
#8 Aug 17, 2012
Dear Miss Jane Doe, I am not addressing those like you that really need help. I am talking about those that lay their lasy ass on the sofa , with the TV changer in one hand , and a beer or glass of wine n the other, waiting for the third of the month to get here so they can have their hair done , and their nails done, and get more tattoos, that have kids by 10 different daddys. And yes they get free medical , free dental, free housing, food stamps, and now they can even get a free freeking cell phone. And their all obama recipients, one of the first bills he signed when he got in office was to increase welfare. I am sick of paying for lasy ass people , that their only ambition in life is to have more kids so they can get more money!!! And for your infomation the woman that I was referring to was not disabled. Only thing wrong with her was that she weighed around 300lbs. due to all the junk food , and soda she had in her cart!!! I think if you recieve food stamps you should not be able to buy cokes , candy , cookies, cakes, only healthy food!!! I am sick of working my ass off so some fight ass can have a free ride!!!
Jane Doe

United States

#9 Aug 17, 2012
wow wrote:
Dear Miss Jane Doe, I am not addressing those like you that really need help. I am talking about those that lay their lasy ass on the sofa , with the TV changer in one hand , and a beer or glass of wine n the other, waiting for the third of the month to get here so they can have their hair done , and their nails done, and get more tattoos, that have kids by 10 different daddys. And yes they get free medical , free dental, free housing, food stamps, and now they can even get a free freeking cell phone. And their all obama recipients, one of the first bills he signed when he got in office was to increase welfare. I am sick of paying for lasy ass people , that their only ambition in life is to have more kids so they can get more money!!! And for your infomation the woman that I was referring to was not disabled. Only thing wrong with her was that she weighed around 300lbs. due to all the junk food , and soda she had in her cart!!! I think if you recieve food stamps you should not be able to buy cokes , candy , cookies, cakes, only healthy food!!! I am sick of working my ass off so some fight ass can have a free ride!!!
If you saw me you would know I'm disable. I like diet pespi and something sweet get real. My weight has nothing to do with my disablity. I walk and go all I can because saved my life people like you really hurt my feelings. I'm sitting at the house with no gas money one more bar of soap. Wishing I had a diet pespi. I'd love to go the show. I have DTV it cost 31 dollars a month the Family channels.Free TELEPHONE YOU GET 250 mintues everything after that. Cost. You don't live my life so in my opinion you don't know anything. As for as getting of you butt your the one standing in judgement.
You know when I became disable I had a house still do.I have two dogs that have to be feed. I have Version Service 2 yrs contract. I gave up my net book for a tablet to cut cost. Cut my bill about 40 dollars. I have Swepco, water bill. You think my life is a bed of roses. Right now I would love to have a diet pespi got 5 dollars left on Lone Star card and I know I going to need milk and bread. Still need diet pespi. My piont is you can't not stand in line behind someone and know what is wrong with them. I'm disbled and sometimes it hurts to walk throuht the store but I walk because it's better for me. I want so bad to walk up to those people that get a cart and ride around and tell them off but you know I can't do that because I really don't know what's wrong. Then I have to pee and go to the restroom and someones goes into the handicap stall. That does look handicap. Should I go up and tell them off. LIKE I SAID YOU CAN'T SEE MY DISABLITY. SO YOU HAVE KNOW RIGHT TO JUDGE ANYONE. Wish I could meet you to see what kind of person you are. I wonder I know you?
Aspartame me

Henderson, TX

#10 Aug 17, 2012
Were you reaching for a diet Pepsi when you had your wreck? It seems to be a common theme.
Jane Doe

United States

#11 Aug 17, 2012
Aspartame me wrote:
Were you reaching for a diet Pepsi when you had your wreck? It seems to be a common theme.
no I got T -Bone a man eatting a sandwich. Smart alec. Common theme because who ever the person think just because they have a Lone Star they shouldn't drink sodas or want snacks.
wow

Henderson, TX

#12 Aug 20, 2012
Dear Miss Jane Doe , let go ahead and set you straight, I told you that I was not referring to someone that is really disabled. 1. I know of this woman that I am referring to!!! and she is ''NOT''disabled in any way!!! 2. she is known for having kids!!! 3. she is as lazy as they come!!! And your weight has a lot to do with your disablity, if you are not eating healthy, you are disabling your body!!!And I see you have a phone and a Tablet through Verizon, and your feeding 2 dogs, maybe you need to decide what is most important to you, maybe you need to get rid of some things in order to have more during the month!!! Having basic cable is better than none , and I would think that you need a phone much more than a Tablet!!! You could buy the milk and bread that you need. My husband and I give all the time to other people , and I am sick of the people that ''could'' be out working , but chose to lay around and hold their hand out every month. The ones that are truly disabled I feel sorry for, I think that they don't get near as much as the deserve. But it sounds like to me that you have it much better than some!!!
shopping at Vista

El Paso, TX

#13 Dec 25, 2012
There is a store in my hometown where many peope on Lone Star shop. I disagree with those who say we should not judge,, because I do pay taxes and work hard for ever dollar I get. But I saw a young man around his thirties, buy beer and wine with the card. I could not believe it! I asked the cashier about this and she said that the register will separate the alcohol from food, but apparently only when it wants to. I do feel that the elderly and disabled should receive help, but a young man who seemed very healthy and does he really need a 24 pack of beer and a big box wine???!!
april

Ballwin, MO

#14 Jan 10, 2013
There will always be people that use and abuse the system. But not everyone who is in that program abuses it.
Autumn

El Monte, CA

#15 Feb 9, 2013
How do you know her situation? We all have a story to tell. You're incredibly & disgustingly judgemental.
lila

Gilmer, TX

#16 Feb 20, 2013
I'm a 25 year old woman with 3 kids. I receive over 600 dollars in food stamps. I don't have a car, lost my job, my home.. I don't have a disability, I do what I need to, to make sure my kids have what they need. I'm not lazy. I'm looking for work, and I am a hard worker at that. my weight is 150. I'm not a judgemental person, I leave that to our Lord. I need government help cause I know my babies need to eat. If that's wrong, then go fuck yourself. Nobody needs people talking shit about other people using a food stamp card how they want it. Quit judging and leave us alone!:)
wondering

Henderson, TX

#17 Feb 20, 2013
lila wrote:
I'm a 25 year old woman with 3 kids. I receive over 600 dollars in food stamps. I don't have a car, lost my job, my home.. I don't have a disability, I do what I need to, to make sure my kids have what they need. I'm not lazy. I'm looking for work, and I am a hard worker at that. my weight is 150. I'm not a judgemental person, I leave that to our Lord. I need government help cause I know my babies need to eat. If that's wrong, then go fuck yourself. Nobody needs people talking shit about other people using a food stamp card how they want it. Quit judging and leave us alone!:)
Not meaning to be a smart ass or to be tacky, but if this is truly the case, how can you justify internet access? I would think that a roof over the heads of my kids, a car or water, electric or gas more important. My shelter and transportation always came first. When I was finally able to pay for cable, internet and a cell phone, then I got these non essential things.
vargvikernes

Arlington, TX

#18 Feb 28, 2013
ugh

Henderson, TX

#19 Apr 3, 2013
I know people who sell their funds for half and use the cash to bye drugs
Moron

Clute, TX

#20 Jun 18, 2013
wondering wrote:
<quoted text> Not meaning to be a smart ass to be tacky, but if this is truly the case, how can you justify internet access? I would think that a roof over the heads of my kids, a car or water, electric or gas more important. My shelter and transportation always came first. When I was finally able to pay for cable, internet and a cell phone, then I got these non essential things.
You're a f*cking idiot. As well as the person who posted thread this in the first place.
There are public places with internet access such as a library. Or she could be using a friends computer. If you were smart, the first thing that would come to mind is that she was using the interent to apply for jobs. But instead you instantly judge her for replying in this thread.
I don't have a lone star card and I don't judge the people who do. Of course there are many that abuse it but I'm sure 80% of the people actually need it. Besides the government is so f*cked up and corrupted anyways why the hell should any of you care. Obama wasn't the only f*cktard president that messed sh*t up.
Maybe everyone should be worried about more important things, like minding your own d*mn business.
And to those who complain that you pay your taxes, stfu. I pay my taxes too and honestly I'm too busy actually enjoying a life not worrying about where the f*ck it goes, like I said the government is so f*cked up I'm sure all of it is going towards the debt America owes. I have a roof over my head, food on the table and I'm lucky enough to have other luxuries. As long as I'm doing good I could care less about someone buying 3 packs of beer. Being an alcoholic is their damn business!
Moral of the story:
Live YOUR life, not others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas Meat Packers Mon thomas 9
tornado Mon Raylin Sutter 4
ashley madison Aug 29 Suspicious 3
kenny davlin Aug 29 lol 5
Jodie whitehead (Jan '15) Aug 27 Have a heart 5
What happened to Heath Roberts? Aug 27 Matt 4
Review: FTS International (ftsi) Aug 22 MadMan Loosing Job 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages