Henderson Celebrating Rail Line Opening

Jun 24, 2010 Full story: Tyler Morning Telegraph 72

By KELLY GOOCH Staff Writer HENDERSON -- The return of rail service to Henderson will be celebrated today during the grand opening of the Henderson/Overton Branch Rail Line.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
West Texas Beauty

Omaha, NE

#61 Oct 22, 2010
rapid robert wrote:
Not really, the old saying, "you can't fight city hall" is fitting in this case. At some point, enough is enough, wash your hands of the affairs and go on. I'm not touting Kilgore, but go down town, sure is a big improvement over the past few years, and more to come. I don't think tax money is used on private property, but things sure look good and the people should commended. Hwy 259 is showing noticible improvements as well. Sooo, city and county folks, find out how Kilgore is doing it and try what they are doing.
I have to disagree with you on this particular statement. Nothing against Kilgore, after all she is a sister city. However, I truly believe that the Henderson area is looking better and better all the time....particularly the downtown area. There are numerous volunteers working with Mrs Walker trying to keep the downtown area looking festive, clean and historically accurate. With the addition of the new family restarant, and Mojos, and the theater plus all of the shops I think its a great downtown. Eclectica and the Windo shop are awesome!
rapid robert

Carrollton, TX

#62 Oct 23, 2010
Check out the courthouse, vacant bank building, and the area aroun the police station. Not kinda bad, real bad.
West Texas Beauty

Omaha, NE

#63 Oct 25, 2010
rapid robert wrote:
Check out the courthouse, vacant bank building, and the area aroun the police station. Not kinda bad, real bad.
I disagree with "real bad" but can go along with "kinda bad"! But, I think in time these areas will be made presentable again. Hope!
retarded robert

Houston, TX

#64 Jan 3, 2011
is this thing making profit yet?
D rail

Fort Worth, TX

#65 Oct 8, 2011
Saw some cranes en such the ol train dun come off the trek down yonder by 2276 wunder how much that
Labor bill tallied up to .....that old trek is pretty much rotwood need sum volun tears wurkin on er fer free..... didnt read nuthin bout thet in the paaper
well-

Alpine, TX

#66 Oct 9, 2011
Its been over a year now. How many business' and jobs have been created? How much more have we had to dump into this money pit? Like to enlighten us RC?
New industrial park comin

Grand Prairie, TX

#67 May 13, 2013
323 & loop571, thanks
Waste

Nacogdoches, TX

#68 May 13, 2013
I can tell you the tracks are in BAD condition. The railroad was going to pull these tracks up before Rusk County was stupid enough to buy them. This will not bring business to Henderson.
FYI

Arlington, TX

#69 May 13, 2013
Waste wrote:
I can tell you the tracks are in BAD condition. The railroad was going to pull these tracks up before Rusk County was stupid enough to buy them. This will not bring business to Henderson.
It already has.
Miles of new track

Grand Prairie, TX

#70 May 14, 2013
Brand new tracks going down in new areas, miles and miles of brand new rail on brand new right of way, first area to get it will be fm 323 and the loop 571 in those cattle fields on fm 323 and the north side of loop 571, it's cutting through the woods to get there, it's in the paper and laid out on the rail plan, that is some big open fields and should make a great industrial park area, that area should be big enough to attract some companies and bring more jobs to henderson,
Waste

Nacogdoches, TX

#71 May 14, 2013
No it hasn't all it brings in is a few loads of sand . I know because the tracks run through my property. Rusk County wasted tax payers money. Henderson is not big enough to support any kind of real industry nor do they want to.
citizen

Borger, TX

#72 May 16, 2013
Hourly air service between Henderson and Overton would be more practical. Minden and tatum would make great stops too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fitness Gym (Jan '13) 2 hr love it 12
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 6 hr Fossilfarts 708
How Bout Them Henderson Lions 20 hr love it 5
The Filling Station 20 hr love it 9
bobby bane dead (Feb '14) 20 hr prayers 20
Pumpkns Downtown 20 hr prayers 5
Any good furniture stores in town 20 hr prayers 10
Henderson Dating
Find my Match

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Henderson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Henderson

Personal Finance