Henderson Celebrating Rail Line Opening

Henderson Celebrating Rail Line Opening

There are 72 comments on the Tyler Morning Telegraph story from Jun 24, 2010, titled Henderson Celebrating Rail Line Opening. In it, Tyler Morning Telegraph reports that:

By KELLY GOOCH Staff Writer HENDERSON -- The return of rail service to Henderson will be celebrated today during the grand opening of the Henderson/Overton Branch Rail Line.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tyler Morning Telegraph.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#1 Jun 25, 2010
Finally!

How many times have I said, "I'd go to Overton if we there was a train to ride there?"

Since: Jun 10

Henderson

#2 Jun 25, 2010
Does this mean Tom Hanks will be the conductor and show up with his magical ticket punch and offer cocoa to everyone while in transit?-In reference to "The Polar Express"
haha

Alpine, TX

#3 Jun 26, 2010
this is the biggest waste of money i have ever seen. what a joke. no business cares whether or not we have a rail line.. And I like how they say, it belongs to the citizens of Rusk County.. I sure didn't vote for this. NO wonder Cloutier didn't win the election
Plb4

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Jun 26, 2010
What will be the purpose of the railway?
agree

Henderson, TX

#5 Jun 26, 2010
It was a great photo opportunity. Plus guess who was the first to walk off the train? lol
Everyone was making this out to be such a grand event, and they didn't even clean the train it was filthy. But the more write-ups, pictures of so-in-so's accomplishments and he can use them when he runs again for what ever it will be.
Hedco should be scolded for the money for the project, instead of using it to actually bring businesses here.
It is a dog and pony show. always will be. Too many people wanting the limelight but not actually doing ANY work.
Survey the people, see what we want here and need here.
I am still waiting on alllllll the businesses that HEDCO said WERE coming.**** dust ***** Our town needs some heavy duty house cleaning in All departments city and county.
booofus rocks

Henderson, TX

#6 Jun 27, 2010
Big waste of money and time
booofus rocks

Henderson, TX

#7 Jun 27, 2010
I just had a idea. We could use the train to put the crap in Henderson on and send it out of town. Cloutier can have the first ride out.
G-man

United States

#8 Jun 29, 2010
new world order transit relocator
Jake

Columbus, IN

#9 Jun 30, 2010
Plb4 wrote:
What will be the purpose of the railway?
Just another bottomless pit to through the tax-payers money in and to give our leaders another excuse to raise property taxes.

Scrotum, Idaho

#10 Jun 30, 2010
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another bottomless pit to through the tax-payers money in and to give our leaders another excuse to raise property taxes.
I heard it was paid for by a grant.
booofus rocks

Henderson, TX

#11 Jul 2, 2010
Telstar wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard it was paid for by a grant.
A waste of a perfectly good grant.
choo whoooa

Houston, TX

#12 Jul 5, 2010
false NO GRANT, bank loan to rusk county rural rail district john cloutier--president, co-signed/ backed by the city>>>>>look it up it has been in the papers.
OMG

Henderson, TX

#13 Jul 13, 2010
I talked to a guy that works for the railroad and he said the rail is in need of repair for the entire spur. He also told me that it would cost approx. 1 million dollars per mile to repair. 3rd hand information but he works for the railroad. I think it was a waste of money and taxpayers will have to pay for it down the road or track shall we say!!!
too much

AOL

#14 Jul 13, 2010
OMG wrote:
I talked to a guy that works for the railroad and he said the rail is in need of repair for the entire spur. He also told me that it would cost approx. 1 million dollars per mile to repair. 3rd hand information but he works for the railroad. I think it was a waste of money and taxpayers will have to pay for it down the road or track shall we say!!!
Surely there had to be an inspection and evaluation before any bank would loan the money. Oh, thats right, they couldn't get it financed thru a bank.
i asked

Henderson, TX

#15 Jul 13, 2010
OMG wrote:
Lie/Mis-statement as far as cost/repair needed. Improvements can always be made to upgrade the line, but the truth is it is an operable 10 mile an hour line for manifest service RIGHT NOW. Get facts, not "I heard third hand". Your opinion is your own.
i asked

Henderson, TX

#16 Jul 13, 2010
too much wrote:
<quoted text>Surely there had to be an inspection and evaluation before any bank would loan the money. Oh, thats right, they couldn't get it financed thru a bank.
This is also a lie, mis-statement. The rail qualified for a loan through the bank,(actually 2 banks), but HEDCO chose to loan the money from reserves, as to avoid debt service cost. The investment grade appraisal(i.e.-inspection and evaluation) is four times what they paid, so you might want to get your facts straight also. That might require you making a phone call or going to a meeting. I know, it is easier to just gossip.
Deep Red

Henderson, TX

#17 Jul 15, 2010
LOL. Put that in your boofus!

Since: Jun 10

Henderson

#18 Jul 16, 2010
It amazes me FBC didn't get invovled and try and stop the opening of the rail line. They must be getting something out of the deal for shutting the hell up and stepping back?

Scrotum, Idaho

#19 Jul 16, 2010
Doesn't this have something to do with that former International Paper mill that someone has bought and will operate using this rail line?
help

Henderson, TX

#20 Jul 20, 2010
is the county paying for the upgrade of the track? tax base down nearly a million dollars next year, new employees for new jail, property tax outsight, time to get county officials that will conserve tax dollars not be so free spending tax dollars

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Henderson full of gays 21 hr Texas 65
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat Fartman 904
Opinions Needed regarding the need of a new day... Sat Searcher 3
Kelli Potts Jul 3 The other guy 26
Destinie Linn Webb looking for married men. (Nov '14) Jul 2 amazed 21
certified retirement community Jul 1 Thomas 2
Review: Vista College (Apr '12) Jul 1 sherlou 20
More from around the web

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages