Sewage backup into house, nobody is r...

Sewage backup into house, nobody is responsible

Posted in the Henderson Forum

WHAT

Austin, TX

#1 Jun 3, 2013
The city sewage backed up into our house about 6 weeks ago. The next morning, the city came out, unclogged the main sewage line and admitted to me the line (belonging to the city) was clogged. Our insurance agent sent a cleaning crew out and tore our floors out and left. I go to file a claim with the insurance co. and they state they aren't responsible (even though they paid a company to tear out the floors in my house, the city is. The city claims they have a clause, keeping them from the monetary obligations to replace my floor. Does anyone have any suggestions?
WHAT

Austin, TX

#2 Jun 3, 2013
I don;'t know why it says "Austin", it happened in Henderson, TX
sue

Henderson, TX

#3 Jun 3, 2013
A lawyer.
shiddycity

Henderson, TX

#4 Jun 3, 2013
Hire an out-of-town attorney. Lawyers here won't fight the shiddy city.
homeowner too

Henderson, TX

#5 Jun 3, 2013
I agree with sue. Hire an attorney. What insurance company is giving you this grief.
sue

Henderson, TX

#6 Jun 3, 2013
I agree hire someone outside of Rusk County.
citizen

Mccall, ID

#7 Jun 3, 2013
WHAT wrote:
The city sewage backed up into our house about 6 weeks ago. The next morning, the city came out, unclogged the main sewage line and admitted to me the line (belonging to the city) was clogged. Our insurance agent sent a cleaning crew out and tore our floors out and left. I go to file a claim with the insurance co. and they state they aren't responsible (even though they paid a company to tear out the floors in my house, the city is. The city claims they have a clause, keeping them from the monetary obligations to replace my floor. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Call the mayor and every city councilman!!! That happens to me at my business about ten years ago and the city paid damages. There wasn't much damage other than the flooring and some inventory. Good luck.
greasyneighbor

Henderson, TX

#8 Jun 4, 2013
you could always go knock on all your neighbors doors and see if one of them will admit to pouring grease down their drain. When you find the right person, ask them if they will pay for damages since it's their fault. See if they'll put you a clean out on your sewer line coming out of your house too. at least it will flood your yard next time instead of your house.
nbv

Henderson, TX

#9 Jun 4, 2013
That same thing happened to a lady on elm st. a few years ago and the city paid. unless they have added this so called clause if it their fault they are responsible. if the city is at fault they should pay. Don't let them screw u around.
he will help

Longview, TX

#10 Jun 4, 2013
Call mike barrow
WHAT

Austin, TX

#11 Jun 4, 2013
he will help wrote:
Call mike barrow
Who is that?
stink

Henderson, TX

#12 Jun 4, 2013
WHAT wrote:
<quoted text>Who is that?
This happened very close to elm street. Not sure what pouring grease down a sink has to do w it but we do have a huge problem w Sadler's stinky grease pits right down the road, if that plays a pArt??
right

Dallas, TX

#13 Jun 4, 2013
WHAT wrote:
happened to us 2 times since we have been here, never got any thing out of them
greasyneighbor

Henderson, TX

#14 Jun 4, 2013
stink wrote:
<quoted text>
This happened very close to elm street. Not sure what pouring grease down a sink has to do w it but we do have a huge problem w Sadler's stinky grease pits right down the road, if that plays a pArt??
When grease is poured down a drain, mixed with hot water, the grease stays warm and thin enough to pass through the line. But.... When it gets to the sewer main and hits the cooler water, it hardens up. Once this happens, it clogs or partially clogs the pipe. If it's completely clogged, the sewer starts backing up immediately. If it's partially clogged, any solids in the sewer start to collect on the grease until it's completely clogged. With that being said, if Sadler's has any problems with it's grease collecting system, it would definitely cause major problems downstream. Proving that they are the cause of the problem might be difficult though. A call to the city might help. I'm sure one of the city inspectors have the authority to check Sadler's grease collection system.
make a call

United States

#15 Jun 4, 2013
WHAT wrote:
Tell the city manager and mayor you will be calling the news stations! This will get the city attention you need.
FYI

United States

#16 Jun 4, 2013
WHAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is that?
The city manager.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LLoyd Henry Edwards, Henderson, TX (Nov '10) 6 hr Kandi 30
Jeremy Everitt (Mar '15) Sat SoDone 9
Why are women in this town so damn rude to wait... (Aug '16) Sat Willie Granville 21
Sexual transmitted disease Apr 21 Anonymous 1
Miranda scott Apr 21 Serendipity 2
Henderson pound Apr 20 Cureeyus 5
Steroids (Oct '16) Apr 14 Youngnutts 19

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages