if u scared u better stay out
wow

Monroe, LA

#3 Sep 13, 2012
We drank we fight and we will take your girl
Chase Sharp

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2012
All things considered I own this bar. I will be the first one to share the Truth before this topic gets going with who knows what all kind of stories people want to make up.

Sundowners does not have all kinds of fights. We have never had any real problems at Sundowners. Here lately we have had two cases that we aired on the side of caution and called HPD. One were two oil field guys were staying at the hotel and had been having childish issues at their job site that after a few drinks carried over to their afterwork past time of drinking. Words were exchanged and pushing began. HPD was called as well as their supervisors and the issue was settled.

The other was a local that needles to say finally was banned from his normal drinking holes after causing his normal trouble (per HPD) and has run out of places to go and decided on trying to bring it to Sundowners! He needles to say was sent on his way and banned as well.

I run a professional business and make an honest living amongst the community. I don't tolerate trouble and will not allow a few trouble makers to bring what I have worked hard for four years down.
true dat

Moscow, TN

#5 Sep 13, 2012
wow wrote:
We drank we fight and we will take your girl
You can't take them girls upthere unless your black lol
Customer

Henderson, TX

#6 Sep 13, 2012
Who cares about the fights, the service sucks!!!!
Lucy

Henderson, TX

#7 Sep 13, 2012
The first and last time I was in there was about 6 months ago,there was a local sheetrock/insulation guy in there with his girlfriend when his wife and daughter showed up and the fight was on. We were very uncomfortable with the situation and left just as HPD was coming in. I had seen this man in the cafe a few times and at Jacks, he scares me. What ever happened to going to a corner bar for a drink with a friend and not having to worry about who was gonna throw the first punch?? My friends and I have talked about opening a little bar for mature people who want a cocktail and not any violence. Would anyone on here frequent such an establishment? Kinda like "Cheers" lol
Craziness

Walker, LA

#8 Sep 13, 2012
I know exactly who your talking about...he thought his wife was crazy! Well he met crazy when he met the one he is with now! She has been thrown out of every club in Henderson and I have heard his name on the scanner more times in the last few months than I have in the 25 plus years I have known him...trust me when I say we all think he has lost his mind!!! Alcholol just intensifies crazy!
Brit

Henderson, TX

#9 Sep 13, 2012
Is this bj and do?
Craziness

Walker, LA

#10 Sep 13, 2012
From the discription I woul say yes, that's exactly who I thought they were talking about.
Lmao

Walker, LA

#11 Sep 13, 2012
Witnessed some of the crazy first hand with those two...they are nutty and toxic!
texas outlaw

Monroe, LA

#12 Sep 13, 2012
Who we talking bout lol
cowboy

Henderson, TX

#13 Sep 13, 2012
Barry is getting too old to be fighting. '
Sugar Britches

Tyler, TX

#14 Sep 13, 2012
I love going in there. And always get good service and food

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 Sep 14, 2012
Reasons not to go to a bar. Keep in mind I have nothing against bars and I know some great ones but this is just my list of reasons why I prefer to drink at home.

Beer is cheaper
I control the music and the TV.
No need to tip anyone
If I want to get hammered nobody can cut me off.
No worries about driving home
No bothersome crying drunks to deal with.
Lmao

United States

#16 Sep 14, 2012
Lucy wrote:
The first and last time I was in there was about 6 months ago,there was a local sheetrock/insulation guy in there with his girlfriend when his wife and daughter showed up and the fight was on. We were very uncomfortable with the situation and left just as HPD was coming in. I had seen this man in the cafe a few times and at Jacks, he scares me. What ever happened to going to a corner bar for a drink with a friend and not having to worry about who was gonna throw the first punch?? My friends and I have talked about opening a little bar for mature people who want a cocktail and not any violence. Would anyone on here frequent such an establishment? Kinda like "Cheers" lol
Hate to rain on the parade but if there is alcohol involved then you can expect some form of argument or fight out of at least two people it just happens for whatever reason. The people you witnessed thrive off of this kind of drama and will fuel the fire every chance they get especially the girlfriend. Sundowners is not a bad place my husband and I have gone a few times and enjoyed ourselves. Hope your next visit will be better since it seems the problem has been taken care of.
say my name

Henderson, TX

#17 Sep 14, 2012
Chase Sharp wrote:
All things considered I own this bar. I will be the first one to share the Truth before this topic gets going with who knows what all kind of stories people want to make up.
Sundowners does not have all kinds of fights. We have never had any real problems at Sundowners. Here lately we have had two cases that we aired on the side of caution and called HPD. One were two oil field guys were staying at the hotel and had been having childish issues at their job site that after a few drinks carried over to their afterwork past time of drinking. Words were exchanged and pushing began. HPD was called as well as their supervisors and the issue was settled.
The other was a local that needles to say finally was banned from his normal drinking holes after causing his normal trouble (per HPD) and has run out of places to go and decided on trying to bring it to Sundowners! He needles to say was sent on his way and banned as well.
I run a professional business and make an honest living amongst the community. I don't tolerate trouble and will not allow a few trouble makers to bring what I have worked hard for four years down.
you own the bar ?
say my name

Henderson, TX

#18 Sep 14, 2012
Sterling Marlin wrote:
Reasons not to go to a bar. Keep in mind I have nothing against bars and I know some great ones but this is just my list of reasons why I prefer to drink at home.
Beer is cheaper
I control the music and the TV.
No need to tip anyone
If I want to get hammered nobody can cut me off.
No worries about driving home
No bothersome crying drunks to deal with.
I don't go to the bar to watch TV I go to the bar to Hook Up a drunk women
Just thinking

United States

#19 Sep 15, 2012
I did go to Jack's ever once in a while. They puitt up with too many dumbasses cussing where it disrupts decent prople trying to just have a steak and a beer. By the time HPD is called, the fight had already started. That sucks. They had good food.
cuz

Grapevine, TX

#20 Oct 29, 2012
Sundowners sucks...horrible service and ownership

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 52 min PhartSiphoned 1,048
need help..... Mon concerned 1
looking for lost friend Jan 15 Basiclly100 1
gays (Dec '07) Jan 14 No1important 61
Dreadlocks piercer at Fugis Jan 10 singlebutlookin48 1
Phillip Shaw!? (May '16) Jan 9 Phil 13
Debra Timmons Jan 5 Debra Timmons 4

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages