Stay Away From Cherokee Pawn!!

Stay Away From Cherokee Pawn!!

Posted in the Henderson Forum

Hates Cherokee Pawn

United States

#1 Aug 26, 2011
Just trying to warn everyone that the people at Cherokee Pawn are terrible people! They will find a way to screw you out of your property! They are thieves and liars. You guys may have gotten away with stealing my property but I know that I will be able to stand before God and you won't! That makes me feel a little better! I do not pray on other peoples misfortune the way you do! By the way, I had the money to pick up my stuff before the first month due date but they refused to release it to me!
vultures fly at cherokee

Henderson, TX

#2 Aug 26, 2011
Pawn shops are like vultures. They prey on people who need a few bucks and then before you know it you lose your property. That particular place has a man that works there who professes to be filled with the Holy Spirit and speaks in tongues and lays on hands and is slain in the spirit and after all that he works at a place like a pawn shop. It makes you wonder about these Holy Ghost people. Been there done that and I really believe that he may be full of something but I have my doubts about it being God. When you fly with vultures you begin to become one. I know I have drifted off the subject but beware of cults because I got involved in one here in this town and they really like my money but when my family needed some prayer they forgot who we were. This guy at the pawn shop was a member of that group. I have no use for him or his cult. Stay away from Cherokee pawn or for that matter any pawn shop. I speak from experience. I won't give the name of the cult but they are located on hiway sixty four. If you don't believe me go for a visit but take your money with you.
Well I Say Be Careful

United States

#3 Aug 30, 2011
I've heard of that place on Highway 64 and what I've heard is not good!
There are other churches here in Henderson also that are more concerned about how much money you put in the collection plate!
When it comes time to 'need' prayer or counseling, you are looked down at!
This is how a true, spirit filled caring pastor would treat one of the members of the church??
That's okay, I'll pray for myself as well as others that need prayer and rely on the Lord for everything I need!
64 no more

Henderson, TX

#4 Aug 31, 2011
Well I Say Be Careful wrote:
I've heard of that place on Highway 64 and what I've heard is not good!
There are other churches here in Henderson also that are more concerned about how much money you put in the collection plate!
When it comes time to 'need' prayer or counseling, you are looked down at!
This is how a true, spirit filled caring pastor would treat one of the members of the church??
That's okay, I'll pray for myself as well as others that need prayer and rely on the Lord for everything I need!
What you heard is the truth. When they can no longer use you or you run out of money they are through with you. they've been there since2000 and have not grown at all. It's the worst place I've ever been and i wish I had never got to know them. They were a big part in the destruction of my family and my belief in God. The guy at cherokee pawn is one of their insiders or use to be. They may have run him off. He will pray for you as he takes all your money and merchandise and he will even speak in tongues for you and at that church they will cast out demons and God will show himself to them. It is really scary. I have to accept responsibilty for what happened to me. I am not stupid but I did some really stupid things at that church on 64. No one to blame but myself.
Got taken by CP

United States

#5 Sep 23, 2011
What did you expect? Cherokee Pawn makes money off of other peoples misfortune. They would go out of business if they were not crooks. Other pawn shops in the area have proper business ethics that CP lacks. Just go somewhere else. If you have not been ripped off by them, just keep going. With their greed, they will get to you real soon.
Wonder

Dallas, TX

#6 Sep 23, 2011
What church are you talking about? I didn't realize there was one on 64!
big money

Henderson, TX

#7 Oct 21, 2011
Wonder wrote:
What church are you talking about? I didn't realize there was one on 64!
CFI @ the former Gaston Campus! go visit them, they have healing, casting out demons, speaking in tongues, good singing,and a love for your offering. If you don't have any money, you might not get any of the above.
Your dumb

Lawrenceville, GA

#8 Jan 13, 2012
Do you even read what you type? I you people look like the bare footed hicks you are. Put down the meth, get a job and stop trying to live above your means. The maybe then you can stop pawning stuff and move out from your third generation, hand me down trailer.
Pawnguy

Kilgore, TX

#9 Feb 15, 2012
Hates Cherokee Pawn wrote:
Just trying to warn everyone that the people at Cherokee Pawn are terrible people! They will find a way to screw you out of your property! They are thieves and liars. You guys may have gotten away with stealing my property but I know that I will be able to stand before God and you won't! That makes me feel a little better! I do not pray on other peoples misfortune the way you do! By the way, I had the money to pick up my stuff before the first month due date but they refused to release it to me!
First thing to address is that your lying through your teeth....Pawn shops give you a one month loan with a 60 day grace , thats a total of 90 days, that you can come in and repay the loan and interest, so if you had the money during the first month they would have returned your item, if you go past the 90 daYS , the pawn shop now owns the item and they can do anything they want with it, including setting it on fire in front of you or beating it with a hammer. So if you lost your items you were past the 90 day time . Your just mad because you were lazy and didn't take care of your business on time....
Another PawnGuy

Henderson, TX

#10 Feb 15, 2012
For the one who claims that "pawn shops prey on people..." The people who pawn walk in of their own doing. And any amount of money that is loaned to them is fully disclosed and the terms of repayment and reclamation of their merchandise is fully explained before a pawn ticket is ever presented for signature.
henderson

Henderson, TX

#11 Feb 15, 2012
u must have been watchin history ch last night.....
Informed

United States

#12 Feb 16, 2012
Never understand why ppl bitch when they choose to pawn their things sign a ticket then expect the owners to hold on to their precious things forever. They help u out of a bind then you bitch that they hold up their end and you don't. Business is business. They weren't in the bind. You were.
Another PawnGuy

Henderson, TX

#13 Feb 17, 2012
Good point, Informed. We often tell customers if they can't afford to lose it, don't pawn it. Things happen. We don't want people to lose their items. Hollywood has done a bang up job of putting the crooked pawnbroker image out there. To the original poster, you need to be honest about the conditions under which you lost your items. If you came in to pick up your items before 90 days was up, then your stuff was here for you to pick up. There are two exceptions: one would be if you had pawned a firearm and the ATF denied your right to pick it up. The other would be that when you came in to pick your merchandise up you had lost the original ticket and could not produce a valid identification.
Hates Cherokee Pawn

United States

#14 Feb 26, 2012
Actually, I tried to pick up my property with cash well before the 30 day date. You are supposed to have up to 90 days to pick up your property. I am saying that it was less than 30 days, but they refused to release my property even though I had the cash and the ticket. I'm trying to warn people. I thought that they had to release your property by law, but I was wrong. They can do whatever they want once you pawn it, and you have no rights at that point. I am an educated person with a BA that fell on hard times. Please learn from my mistake and NEVER use a pawn shop. They will steal your property. I know what happened. I can stand before God and know that I do not steal from people to make money. I would rather be poor!
Informed

United States

#15 Feb 27, 2012
If that were true you'd have a police report filed and a criminal investigation would ensue. You wouldn't be bad mouthing a company on a forum. Because thy can get you for slander. The burden of proof falls on the slanderer. Good luck with getting this off topix because they have a case against u.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
deadbeat daddy 9 hr 69dbyberne 15
sabine isd school board Fri Donedonedone 3
sabine isd school board Fri Donedonedone 1
Really Good Dope Fri Wow 2
Fred Dunlap Anniversary Celebration Jun 22 Nick 6
Do NOT buy a Walmart swimming pool (Jun '11) Jun 22 Snowblind 31
K Patterson Jun 21 Mike 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages