Comments
1 - 20 of 43 Comments Last updated Nov 7, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Interested

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 14, 2012
 
Who is running?
KAS

Crosby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

I know Pat Brack is.
Banefield

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Art Rousseau.
Hendersonite

Buna, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Is Buzz running again?
Yuck

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 16, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Art will probably win. I am a republican but i have been known to have a touch of a democratic heart. Pat is so republican and political and outspoken it unnerves me... yuck Art has class and might make our town what it should be
Mandy

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 17, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Art all the way! Pat never speaks to anyone except c of c people
Barbara

Talco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Hmmmm. Yeah i guess some folks need Art to tell them how to think. As far as making the town what it should be???? That takes money and population. Unless you're thinking he is going to pay out of his pocket to make this town what it should be he dont work well with groups. He talks a lot and doesnt like to be disagreed with.
Disagree

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Barbara wrote:
Hmmmm. Yeah i guess some folks need Art to tell them how to think. As far as making the town what it should be???? That takes money and population. Unless you're thinking he is going to pay out of his pocket to make this town what it should be he dont work well with groups. He talks a lot and doesnt like to be disagreed with.
Let's face it, the Mayor doesn't do much but make our town look good and bring goodwill when we need it. He doesn't decide local laws and decide on school issues. I think we need someone that has some knowledge of historical growth for our city. I think he could help improve the looks of hwy 79 to out of towners. I think he could promote commerce by incorporating our down town and tourism. I think Pat is a nice person. As far as him not liking to be disagreed with? Please, if i hear one more political thing out of Pat then i might scream. Opinionated and might i add Church of Christ. I hope she doesn't think i am not going to make it to heaven.
Squabbles

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Barbara wrote:
Hmmmm. Yeah i guess some folks need Art to tell them how to think. As far as making the town what it should be???? That takes money and population. Unless you're thinking he is going to pay out of his pocket to make this town what it should be he dont work well with groups. He talks a lot and doesnt like to be disagreed with.
That's not true. Art works very well with groups and with individuals.
good luck

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

yes, ask Art about his contractors from out of town he brought here to work on his house and the gypsy. the ones who did not get a permit till they were caught. And if you think the mayor has no power, you are naive. Who do you think sets the agenda. They are both average at best.He is only running cause he is mad at her, she at least is up to date on what they have already been doing. He is VERY difficult to deal with once he realizes you may have a different opinion than he does. My contractor buddy is pretty pissed at him
wildblue

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

good luck wrote:
yes, ask Art about his contractors from out of town he brought here to work on his house and the gypsy. the ones who did not get a permit till they were caught. And if you think the mayor has no power, you are naive. Who do you think sets the agenda. They are both average at best.He is only running cause he is mad at her, she at least is up to date on what they have already been doing. He is VERY difficult to deal with once he realizes you may have a different opinion than he does. My contractor buddy is pretty pissed at him
He is not mad at Pat. He is irritated with City Manager and the City Government. Rightly so. Henderson needs to grow. There needs to be some vision and leadership. There is none now. All we have in growth is the 3% raise the City employess receive yearly.
Disagree

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

If Art did not get a permit then that is wrong. He should know better. I do think he has good ideas though and is not stagnent on thinking only inside the box. He does love our town and you can tell that by talking to him. I have nothing about Pat. I do NOT think she is mayor material and that is all. She is just too political for me and not everybody in this town is a republican. She needs to think down the middle and in between. We need a leader and a diplomatic personality type to make our town cohesive. Art may be a butt at times and head strong, most leaders are. I don't think either of them are going to set the town on fire with growth or everybody walking around hugging each other. But, out of the two i think Art the better pick. Somebody else please run. Think of somebody people. There has to be somebody out there that is people friendly, intelligent and has a mind that thinks growth is good for our community.
Citizen Rosy

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Mandy wrote:
Art all the way! Pat never speaks to anyone except c of c people
I don't think that is true Pat is one of the friendliest people I have ever met. I don't know that she is the best mayor candidate, but she does talk to everybody.
Got it- Maybe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 18, 2012
 
I called my council person this weekend and i found out that city employees didnt get raises 2 years ago and they got 3% last year. They did approve 2% this year. Let's be truthful though. For a person making $14 per hour that person would have recieved a total 70-71 cent raise over the last 3 years. Seems fair and right. Also, where is HEDCO in all of this? The tax payers voted for HEDCO to grow the town. Not much happening there. The city seems to be making strides cleaning up and doing somethe good projects. I remember a time several years ago where the city wasnt doing much. Our parks are very good now compared to surrounding towns. There isn't a large amount of property value to tax and the city doesnt have the money rolling in like Kilgore, but our city seems to do better with the smaller amount coming to it. I noticed this weekend all the work going on between Velvin Oil and yates park. Wow! And Fair Park and the plans for Lake Forest. The Civic Center is beautiful and Hwy 79 doesnt look the best, but it looks a lot better than it did 5 years ago afnd a whole hell of a lot better than it did 10 years ago. I know the city doesnt like the way hwy 79 looks either, but they seem to be chippling away at it. If they do too much at one time people call them Nazis. The new Denny's is going slow, but it will happen. People that say the town hasnt grown dont pay attention and arent as community minded as they would like for people to believe. I'm tired if nay sayers who do not know whats going on and try to convince others that all is bad. You shouldnt talk about the bad if you constantly and purposely leave out the good. Thats not right at all.
Maybe Not

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 18, 2012
 
Got it- Maybe wrote:
I called my council person this weekend and i found out that city employees didnt get raises 2 years ago and they got 3% last year. They did approve 2% this year. Let's be truthful though. For a person making $14 per hour that person would have recieved a total 70-71 cent raise over the last 3 years. Seems fair and right. Also, where is HEDCO in all of this? The tax payers voted for HEDCO to grow the town. Not much happening there. The city seems to be making strides cleaning up and doing somethe good projects. I remember a time several years ago where the city wasnt doing much. Our parks are very good now compared to surrounding towns. There isn't a large amount of property value to tax and the city doesnt have the money rolling in like Kilgore, but our city seems to do better with the smaller amount coming to it. I noticed this weekend all the work going on between Velvin Oil and yates park. Wow! And Fair Park and the plans for Lake Forest. The Civic Center is beautiful and Hwy 79 doesnt look the best, but it looks a lot better than it did 5 years ago afnd a whole hell of a lot better than it did 10 years ago. I know the city doesnt like the way hwy 79 looks either, but they seem to be chippling away at it. If they do too much at one time people call them Nazis. The new Denny's is going slow, but it will happen. People that say the town hasnt grown dont pay attention and arent as community minded as they would like for people to believe. I'm tired if nay sayers who do not know whats going on and try to convince others that all is bad. You shouldnt talk about the bad if you constantly and purposely leave out the good. Thats not right at all.
Population would not have grown if prisoners had not been counted.

HEDCO has lots of room for improvement. It's a good idea...in theory so far.
Top Dog

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 18, 2012
 
Got it- Maybe wrote:
I called my council person this weekend and i found out that city employees didnt get raises 2 years ago and they got 3% last year. They did approve 2% this year. Let's be truthful though. For a person making $14 per hour that person would have recieved a total 70-71 cent raise over the last 3 years. Seems fair and right. Also, where is HEDCO in all of this? The tax payers voted for HEDCO to grow the town. Not much happening there. The city seems to be making strides cleaning up and doing somethe good projects. I remember a time several years ago where the city wasnt doing much. Our parks are very good now compared to surrounding towns. There isn't a large amount of property value to tax and the city doesnt have the money rolling in like Kilgore, but our city seems to do better with the smaller amount coming to it. I noticed this weekend all the work going on between Velvin Oil and yates park. Wow! And Fair Park and the plans for Lake Forest. The Civic Center is beautiful and Hwy 79 doesnt look the best, but it looks a lot better than it did 5 years ago afnd a whole hell of a lot better than it did 10 years ago. I know the city doesnt like the way hwy 79 looks either, but they seem to be chippling away at it. If they do too much at one time people call them Nazis. The new Denny's is going slow, but it will happen. People that say the town hasnt grown dont pay attention and arent as community minded as they would like for people to believe. I'm tired if nay sayers who do not know whats going on and try to convince others that all is bad. You shouldnt talk about the bad if you constantly and purposely leave out the good. Thats not right at all.
These are across the board raises....not based on merit or work performed. Is there an employee evaluation done? I don't know.
Citizen Nosy

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 18, 2012
 
Got it- Maybe wrote:
I called my council person this weekend and i found out that city employees didnt get raises 2 years ago and they got 3% last year. They did approve 2% this year. Let's be truthful though. For a person making $14 per hour that person would have recieved a total 70-71 cent raise over the last 3 years. Seems fair and right. Also, where is HEDCO in all of this? The tax payers voted for HEDCO to grow the town. Not much happening there. The city seems to be making strides cleaning up and doing somethe good projects. I remember a time several years ago where the city wasnt doing much. Our parks are very good now compared to surrounding towns. There isn't a large amount of property value to tax and the city doesnt have the money rolling in like Kilgore, but our city seems to do better with the smaller amount coming to it. I noticed this weekend all the work going on between Velvin Oil and yates park. Wow! And Fair Park and the plans for Lake Forest. The Civic Center is beautiful and Hwy 79 doesnt look the best, but it looks a lot better than it did 5 years ago afnd a whole hell of a lot better than it did 10 years ago. I know the city doesnt like the way hwy 79 looks either, but they seem to be chippling away at it. If they do too much at one time people call them Nazis. The new Denny's is going slow, but it will happen. People that say the town hasnt grown dont pay attention and arent as community minded as they would like for people to believe. I'm tired if nay sayers who do not know whats going on and try to convince others that all is bad. You shouldnt talk about the bad if you constantly and purposely leave out the good. Thats not right at all.
Why on earth would the City Management be called NAZI for doing a job they were hired to do?
Got it- Maybe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 18, 2012
 
The Nazi accusation has happened. I'm a business owner on 79 and there are folks that dont care what their business looks like. He's not on the city council now but i heard an ex councilman call the guys Nazis when they the guys try to get folks to do what they're supposed to do. I remember when the city as a whole didnt care. If you have issues or questions call city hall. I call about 4 or 5 times a year and i get hooked up with the right person to answer my questions. I dont always agree but i dont feel like they are hiding anything either. I have family that own businesses in other towns and i can tell you that their experiences with contacting their city officials and the lack of work their city people do is not what i see and hear in Henderson. But i know everyone has their opinion.
plan for growth

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

wildblue wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not mad at Pat. He is irritated with City Manager and the City Government. Rightly so. Henderson needs to grow. There needs to be some vision and leadership. There is none now. All we have in growth is the 3% raise the City employess receive yearly.
For Henderson to GROW it needs to get very focused on PRODUCING. That can't be emphasized enough. Draw in industry. It doesn't matter how you beautify your city if you aren't producing. Henderson will not be a tourist's mecca. Ever. Wouldn't you love to see people come from all over the U.S. and world to live in Rusk County because you have actual high wage industry jobs to offer? I know I sure would :-)
Shine some Light

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

They have bars for men......and men in Dallas right? Hmmmm???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Henderson Forum right now

Search the Henderson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 min Love 17,033
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) 53 min Gasman 596
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Frank Pharts 21,431
Brent Neibert (May '12) 10 hr citizen 45
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 18 hr Gasman 754
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 18 hr Gasman 499
Boycott GREEN TOP EXXON - K2 Peddlers 19 hr Battle 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Henderson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Henderson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Henderson
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••