Bond Election Possible For Carlisle ISD

Aug 10, 2010 Full story: Tyler Morning Telegraph 27

By KELLY GOOCH Staff Writer HENDERSON -- Carlisle Independent School District is crowded and in need of more classroom space.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bond

Henderson, TX

#1 Aug 10, 2010
I am all for a bond for more class rooms if needed. If its for football NO, We have too many coaches now.I say drop a few coaches and take that money to help out.
Just how many coaches does a class a school have to have? we have about 9 I heard.
Here We Go

Henderson, TX

#2 Aug 11, 2010
Why must you attack our coaches first? Do you realize the other things these men and women do besides coach? The school attendance is increasing, and Carlisle is seriously running out of room. This has NOTHING to do with our coaches!
bond

Henderson, TX

#3 Aug 11, 2010
Someone neeeds to keep them in line. They run pretty wild I understand. Is it not true we have many coaches. Let me know the number I COULD BE WRONG.
I feel sorry for Overton. They have about half the coaches and no place to workout.
trying to help mothers

AOL

#4 Aug 11, 2010
I would never have my child attend at Carlisle! They had to fire a female teacher for "getting with" a student!Had a coach at one time that was giving the boys pills! and was telling the boys what HIGH SCHOOL girls he would "DO"... Has VERY FEW good teacher! Can only name one Mr. Lykins. SO I personally would start with th staff!
asta la vista

Henderson, TX

#5 Aug 12, 2010
Looks like little Mexico out there...some probably not legally here....Hispanics need more free room;food;school room. Pass bond for us hispanics or we go home.
We love America----we get free everything---gracious senior Payne..........
Here We Go

Henderson, TX

#6 Aug 13, 2010
Everyone of the coaches at Carlisle, with the exception of the AD, is in the classroom 5 periods a day teaching the kids subjects such as Science, History, and Technology courses. Yes they are passionate about their sports, but they are educators as well.

@trying to help mothers-Obviously you have spent little time in Carlisle interacting with the teachers because they are dedicated to the success of the students. Does this mean every one of them are perfect, of course not, but they are their for a common good. Carlisle's graduation rate is higher than several other schools in the area, which means the teachers are performing or the students would not be passing TAKS and receiving credits.

@asta la vista-Your ineptitude regarding cultural issues is apparent, and you don't warrant any further response.
Asta la vista

Henderson, TX

#7 Aug 14, 2010
What doe the AD do all day the AD do all day sat and twiddle his thumbs? a school your size has no Administration to do..he should be helping out somewhere helping an overloaded teacher at least.
I know all about Carlisle school as I have a friend working there-lots of under the table stuff going on between Supt. and AD.........
Seriously

Dallas, TX

#8 Aug 17, 2010
@ Trying to help mothers:

Making the sweeping statement that all but one teacher in a district are not good teachers because of the actions of two or three in the district's history....well...that is just as ignorant and dangerous as saying all parents are bad based on the behavior of two or three students. Do some research and homework on all surrounding districts before you make statements like that against a group of professionals.
want to know

Henderson, TX

#9 Aug 18, 2010
I want to know where the best free lunch is for my chillin. I has seven and all stay hungry.
Just have to say

Henderson, TX

#10 Aug 21, 2010
Asta la vista wrote:
What doe the AD do all day the AD do all day sat and twiddle his thumbs? a school your size has no Administration to do..he should be helping out somewhere helping an overloaded teacher at least.
I know all about Carlisle school as I have a friend working there-lots of under the table stuff going on between Supt. and AD.........
You need to find a new friend.
Just have to say

Henderson, TX

#11 Aug 21, 2010
trying to help mothers wrote:
I would never have my child attend at Carlisle! They had to fire a female teacher for "getting with" a student!Had a coach at one time that was giving the boys pills! and was telling the boys what HIGH SCHOOL girls he would "DO"... Has VERY FEW good teacher! Can only name one Mr. Lykins. SO I personally would start with th staff!
Looks like you majored in Ancient History 101...
Just have to say

Henderson, TX

#12 Aug 21, 2010
asta la vista wrote:
Looks like little Mexico out there...some probably not legally here....Hispanics need more free room;food;school room. Pass bond for us hispanics or we go home.
We love America----we get free everything---gracious senior Payne..........
The majority of Carlisle students do not live in Carlisle.
Just have to say

Henderson, TX

#13 Aug 21, 2010
bond wrote:
Someone neeeds to keep them in line. They run pretty wild I understand. Is it not true we have many coaches. Let me know the number I COULD BE WRONG.
I feel sorry for Overton. They have about half the coaches and no place to workout.
You don't know what you are talking about.
Just have to say

Henderson, TX

#14 Aug 21, 2010
bond wrote:
I am all for a bond for more class rooms if needed. If its for football NO, We have too many coaches now.I say drop a few coaches and take that money to help out.
Just how many coaches does a class a school have to have? we have about 9 I heard.
You can hear a lot of things...doesn't make them true.
in the money

Henderson, TX

#15 Aug 23, 2010
You have at least 9..the supt. is doing everything AD wants and more. Go count for yourself. Too many for 1A and even 2A. Go figure..football wins about half its games and still going up.
Nearly a coach for every STARTER
Get Over It

Henderson, TX

#16 Aug 23, 2010
In case you aren't aware, more than football coaching is happening in Carlisle. These coaches dedicate so much more to the kids than coaching football, but I guess until you have experienced it you wouldn't understand.

The superintendent has the district's best interest at heart and to insinuate anything less is absurd. He has a job to do and a school board to answer to for his decisions. He is supportive of all the extra-curricular activities out there, without discrimination.

And like it was said before, 9 or 90 coaches is really not the issue when every.single.one. of them are teaching students in the classroom as well. So now please get over it all and quit trying to bring negativity to a district who experiences success in all aspects on a yearly basis.
in the money

Henderson, TX

#17 Aug 24, 2010
You also ran off a great band director..answer that one since you have ALL the answers!!!!!

do you think that was in the BEST interest for the students????
Just wanted to say

Henderson, TX

#18 Aug 24, 2010
The AD at Carlisle has changed my sons life! The rest of the coaching staff has been there for my son also! Thank U! Coach B and staff
in the money

Henderson, TX

#19 Aug 24, 2010
If its for the better that's good..if its for the worse. not so good....he changed the band directors life also, for the worse....
did he recruit him ? I heard he had a good year recruiting this year......

Answer my question "get over it'....
Just have to say

Henderson, TX

#20 Aug 24, 2010
in the money wrote:
You also ran off a great band director..answer that one since you have ALL the answers!!!!!
do you think that was in the BEST interest for the students????
Time will tell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sharon Daniels takes Jimerson's plea offer (Mar '07) Fri Raine 80
Christmas Dec 25 Santa Claus 1
snitching is at a all time high Dec 24 theyknow 14
Destinie Linn Webb looking for married men. Dec 23 no1important 10
Lone Star card (Aug '12) Dec 22 keeping in rral 41
Henderson is so pathetic Dec 22 Just Wondering 10
Has anyone ever had to deal with ALL AMERICAN A... (Jan '11) Dec 22 Donna Hill 23
Henderson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Henderson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Henderson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:05 am PST

NFL 8:05AM
DeMarco Murray nears Emmitt Smith's Cowboys record
NBC Sports 8:20 AM
Watt could be first defensive player since 2008 to get an MVP vote
Bleacher Report11:26 AM
LB McClain (Illness) Downgraded to out
NFL11:34 AM
Cowboys' Rolando McClain (illness) to miss Week 17
Bleacher Report 3:06 PM
Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins: Live Washington Score and Analysis