Anyone recall the disc jockey Roady M...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
charlie jones

Mccoy, CO

#42 Mar 22, 2011
i would like to add a little bit about roady mule.i probably spent more time with roady the last two years of his life.as a matter of fact he spent quite a bit of time at my house....he and i just sitting around pickin and grinning....good times not to0 be forgotten. he always called me "hoss"....anyway he called me from longview early one morning and ask me if i would come get him and take him home to his mothers home in Hickey texas .shortly after he passed away....he was truly my picking buddyh and friend....feel free to e mail me at [email protected]
charlie jones

Mccoy, CO

#43 Mar 22, 2011
i would like to add a few comments abnout roady mule.roady and i spent some great times together the last couple of years before his passing.he spent a lot of time at my house visiting talking of the godd and bad times of the past......and of course doing some picking and grinin.....shortly before his passing he called me from longview early one morning and me to come pick him up and take him home to his mothers home in hickey...shortly thereafter 9i received the news he passed....till this day i still miss his houmor....the good times and most of all his love for the true country music.......feel free to e mail me at anytime.....
Sugar Land Tx

Sugar Land, TX

#44 Aug 5, 2011
He was my Great Uncle. I grew up at the house just below the Davis Cemetery.
Patti

Azle, TX

#45 Jan 23, 2012
I have grab hold of my Davis roots. I have visited some kin and was given a picture of the Davis String Band. I would love any and all the information any Davis I can get. My mom was Eva Mea Davis.
Teri

Sugar Land, TX

#46 Aug 2, 2012
He was my great uncle. I remember him well.
Teri

Sugar Land, TX

#47 Aug 2, 2012
Patti wrote:
I have grab hold of my Davis roots. I have visited some kin and was given a picture of the Davis String Band. I would love any and all the information any Davis I can get. My mom was Eva Mea Davis.
I'll be glad to help.
jack johnson

Tyler, TX

#48 Jun 6, 2013
Bill Elliott visited with Tim Nolan's parents in Glendale. I lived across the street from them. He was showing Tim some of his horse's tricks. I think he was a part of the Henderson Rodeo. I'm also pretty sure that he dated one of my cousins. Does anyone know what happened to Tim?
Day

Atlanta, TX

#49 Jun 7, 2013
Too old for me!
DLE

Tyler, TX

#50 Jan 16, 2014
Does anyone remember WHEN KGRI AM/FM moved to the tower just outside of town at the end of what now is Rayford Road?
jduff

Houston, TX

#52 Mar 10, 2014
I am not claiming to be his grdaughter like the previous post said i am just inquiring of someone with the same name
jduff

Houston, TX

#53 Mar 11, 2014
Actually after speaking with my dad Jerry Davis, i am in fact the grdaughter of Monroe Lewis Davis :) i live in liberty and there was a post made about my aunt Katrina and her first husband...my dad also recollected the station and cemetary and a pic of the headstone i found he passed away just a few months (july 78) after i was born in feb of 78...this is great that i have found little tidbits about my dads side of my family that i didnt have vrry much info on
Larry Graham Alexander

Tyler, TX

#54 Apr 10, 2014
04/10/2014

I grew up with Bobby Davis and played some gigs with him. I am a bass player.

When we were young kids, he and I dug holes in my parents' yard and played "golf" by whacking a beat-up golf ball with a stick from hole to hole.:-)

Bobby was an incredible musician and one of the best guitarists in the universe and beyond, despite the fact that he couldn't read a note!

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me any details concerning his death. He was a close friend and I miss him.

Thanks and regards,

Larry Alexander
Tyler, Texas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sadlers BBQ SOLD (Nov '07) 1 hr gls 58
Henderson high band. (Sep '15) Fri HHS Mom 9
Henderson Lion Hall of Fame (Nov '07) Fri Sterling Marlin 104
Biggest Thu SWGLD 19
chase holts Sep 21 Anyone 70
Jason Ballard Sep 20 Blake 1
Justice of the Peace wedding? Sep 20 Boone 1

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance