Southside Baptist Church
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Blessed

Henderson, TX

#22 Jan 10, 2011
There's no sense in asking anyone what they think about anything on topix.com . I have read all of these posts and it's crazy the stuff people will make up. I attend this church and my husband and I are about to join and transfer our membership from other churches. Bro Bill and his wife have only been there a few years that I know of so maybe the preacher everyone else is talking about is a different one. We are growing and growing every Sunday. They are about to expand the sanctuary because we are having more and more people join. Bro Bill is the most down to earth man and is always there when you need him. He helped my husband and I with many things, cooked hamburgers for us in his home, call and checks on you if you're going through something or just calls to see how you're doing! I love this church! Just please take it from me, if you enjoy good fellowship, good sermon, and lots of good people....just please come visit!
Blessed

Henderson, TX

#23 Jan 10, 2011
And if he doesn't preach from the Bible, then you must be talking about a different church. Every morning we open our Bibles, stand together, and read the word of God together before we begins his sermon. You will just have to come see for yourself. My email is [email protected] if you have anymore questions :)
Brokenhearted

Henderson, TX

#24 Jan 10, 2011
As I read all these posts I could not beleive what I was reading. Satan does not like it when churches are growing, so takes things like all of this to get trouble started. It is a shame. Get into God's word instead of spreading filth online. Think about how you will stand before God one day and account for what you had a part of. "He that be without sin let them cast the first stone." To the individual that asked about the church, go there and try it. Don't go on a few folks opinion.
Unbeleivable

Henderson, TX

#25 Jan 10, 2011
If you can't say something positive, don't even say it. Most of the time you don't even know what your talking about.
Why all the pain

Henderson, TX

#27 Jan 10, 2011
Why do you want to hate? It only causes pain and heartache to people. I hope that that the one that asked about this church does go and visit and not go on what man says. Do what God says to do. When referring to our precious Lord and Savior use caps. He is the one and only almight Judge. Praying for the hardened hearts. AND if you all want to make these accusations you could at least post your names.
reconsidering

Henderson, TX

#28 Jan 12, 2011
Maybe I'll try Calvary. If this church has sex scandals and the preacher doesn't preach from the bible, I don't think this is the place for me.
Interesting

Henderson, TX

#29 Jan 12, 2011
The pastor of Southside,Bill Gardner, has responded to this topic a few times to say to give him a call at his office if you have a concern. His replies are blocked... notice the missing posts?
Get a Life

Henderson, TX

#30 Jan 12, 2011
You can choose whatever church you want to visit, but I assure you Bro. Bill preaches from the bible and there are no sex scandals. Come on now people...get real.
Bill Gardner

Henderson, TX

#31 Jan 12, 2011
Let's try this one more time. Anyone who has any questions about Southside can feel free to call me at the church office. I've been at Southside for 3 years and I know of no scandals of any sort in the life of this church. We're imperfect people worshipping a perfect God and are completely committed to the preaching and teaching of His Word. Blessings to you all!
loco

Henderson, TX

#32 Jan 12, 2011
You were doing ok until you said there were no scandals at Southside preacher. Not a member and never been to your church but know better than that.
Get a Life

Henderson, TX

#33 Jan 13, 2011
If you're not a member and have never been then what do you possibly know? Nobody is perfect. If there is someone that is a member of the church that has maybe had some issues(NONE that I know of...just sayin) then that's their business and apparently are doing a lot of better than most people by going to church and trying to get right with the Lord. People really need to learn to mind their own business! If anyone has any questions or wants to see how this church is run then quit running your mouth and join us one Sunday :)
Olivia

Henderson, TX

#34 Jan 13, 2011
Pizza was great last night!
Kristin

Henderson, TX

#35 Jan 13, 2011
Yeah... pizza was good.. a lot of work. Taco Stackups next week. :o)
Worship Leader

Henderson, TX

#36 Oct 24, 2013
In response mostly to loco: I once had a Pastor who was known for saying, "If you find the perfect church, don't join it because you'll mess it up." (hint: you'll never find it) I've lived in Henderson 16 years and have been involved in several churches. While I've never been a member of Southside, I've attended several of their services and Bible studies and have never heard of any "scandals." But even if there are scandals in the church's past, it's in the past. I'm sure that if you searched hard enough, you could find something in every one of Henderson's churches that is less than edifying. However, just as a person shouldn't be judged on their past, the same goes for a body of believers. I know that Bro. Gardener teaches from the Word of God and I've never heard him say or teach anything that didn't line up. I have a very good friend and mentor that is a member of Southside and know that if he ever heard anything taught that was unbiblical,he wouldn't have stood for it.
Interested

Henderson, TX

#37 Oct 28, 2013
I'm looking for a real God-fearing Church, where the Pastor is not afraid to stand on the word of God , and preach the truth. A Pastor that will step on your toes , and point out things in your life that need to be changed. I'm not interested in a gossip session, and I'm not looking for '' click'' group to fall in to. I want to hear the word of God. Most of the Church's around here, are nothing more than an hour long make me feel good about myself social club. Tell me about the blood of Jesus, preach about hell , and that it's a very real place, tell me about the love of Jesus. And he that is without sin cast the first stone! satan has blinded the Church of today, the people are lovers of themselves. It's a new-age experience, where God is left completely out of the Church! I'm not interested in Church programs, Church coffee clubs, cookie making meetings! what about a dying world that's headed straight for hell! I don't want to attend a Church that plays Church! I want my soul feed, the word of God says man shall not live by bread alone, give me the true word of God!
Nick Dixon

United States

#38 Oct 28, 2013
Interested wrote:
I'm looking for a real God-fearing Church, where the Pastor is not afraid to stand on the word of God , and preach the truth. A Pastor that will step on your toes , and point out things in your life that need to be changed. I'm not interested in a gossip session, and I'm not looking for '' click'' group to fall in to. I want to hear the word of God. Most of the Church's around here, are nothing more than an hour long make me feel good about myself social club. Tell me about the blood of Jesus, preach about hell , and that it's a very real place, tell me about the love of Jesus. And he that is without sin cast the first stone! satan has blinded the Church of today, the people are lovers of themselves. It's a new-age experience, where God is left completely out of the Church! I'm not interested in Church programs, Church coffee clubs, cookie making meetings! what about a dying world that's headed straight for hell! I don't want to attend a Church that plays Church! I want my soul feed, the word of God says man shall not live by bread alone, give me the true word of God!
Now that you have made clear what your requirements are, what are you willing to give in return?
Interested

Henderson, TX

#39 Oct 29, 2013
I've given myself totally to Jesus Christ! I am not my own , I was purchased with a great price! It's not I that live , but Christ within me! I stand firmly with my feet planted on the word of God! I'm willing to stand and fight the battle for the cause of Christ. To go out in the highways and byways, and tell the love story of Jesus Christ. To preach the true gospel of Jesus Christ. We are living in the last days, many have left their first love. Men have become lovers of themselves. God is calling His Church to true repentance. I am a voice crying in the wilderness, Repent for the kingdom of God is a hand. Narrow is the way , and few will find their way, only the true believer. I will give my life for Him , because He died that I may live.
dirty

Henderson, TX

#40 Jan 21, 2014
Scandals
Killer B

Livingston, TX

#41 Feb 16, 2014
shirley christie wrote:
Maybe you don't like to hear the truth. He does preach from the BIBLE and it can be scary if your heart is not where it should be.
How would you know? His little flock of HENS.....He needs to have his legs tied in a knot. I puke everytime I think of that preacher. Women cannot pray during the sermon....The Bapitst churches do not have women preachers...they cannot even take up collection. FACE it you are lucky if you do not have to ride in the back of the bus.....
Mr_Personality

Henderson, TX

#42 May 11, 2016
[I go to church there. The pastor is spot on all the time. I have a Masters in Christian Education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trey and Amy Dec 7 letsbereal 2
The cookie jar Dec 6 laughing at dump ... 2
Texting and driving? Dec 3 Liam 7
Snitches in Rusk Co Dec 1 shootthatup 15
Mountain Lions in east Texas (Nov '15) Dec 1 uh oh 18
Review: Vista College (Apr '12) Nov 29 Darth Vader 11 34
Has anyone ever had to deal with ALL AMERICAN A... (Jan '11) Nov 29 Stupid 38

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance