kilgore fan

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Good players in the late 90 s cooper erwin ballinger Holland miley Howard Johnson brantley blanton I don't think Alexander ever helped to get these guys recruited
Defensewinschamp ionships

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2011

kilgore fan wrote:
Good players in the late 90 s cooper erwin ballinger Holland miley Howard Johnson brantley blanton I don't think Alexander ever helped to get these guys recruited
Yeah by far Brandon Cooper Paul Ballinger and Joseph Ervin. All State players that stuck together, Joel Griffith also!! However Dennis Alexander burned so many bridges that no one went to henderson to get them. Cooper Navarro, done it by himself. Ballinger N.M. State done it by himself and Ervin just got screwed! How dare people not mention these guys for HOF! They were the last class to really dominate, until this 3a team won state!!
BUCC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Judged:

There's quite a few names I could mention but my vote goes to my fam Mr DREW COLEMAN for your 2011 team. Mr. Wylie and Mr.Duncan as well as Ricky Dudley also belongs to a list of Hall of Fame from Henderson,Texas. So good luck with your Hall of Fame list because I sure would like to learn more of my HOMETOWN HISTORY -if its true and correct. Thanx
Interstingly Inquisitive

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

I was on a team for 3 years after Wylie, and remeber Hughes Stanley, Billy Wayne Lee, Chipper Dean. Didn't Billy Wayne earn all state as a tight end, a couple of times. He was also a pretty good basketball, baseball and track guy! He went to college as a high recruit didn't he? Anybody know what became of him? Chipper went to Baylor and tehre were others from the class of '72.
lion tamer

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

what are comments on Jason Sears? he made the cardinals baseball team in the draft.
vhale55

Quinlan, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

I am looking for a few ol henderson players. I was a team mate of theirs at Killgore College. Clifton Thurmand and Calvin Neal.
OLD SCHOOL

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2011

Gary and Mitchell Jones HANDS DOWN!
JohnG

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

Stacy F wrote:
Has anyone from HHS besides Ricky and Drew gone on to play professional football? I guess they're the only two that qualify for the 'real' hall of fame.
Dennis Duncan - Class of 1961. Tommy Wade - Class of 1960
JohnG

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

Stacy F wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did Tommy play for? I'd forgotten about Dennis, he did play for Houston (?) for a little while, didn't he? Never heard of RGA, but I've known Tommy and Dennis for years.
Tommy played for the Steelers.
Old Mustang

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Keith Bobo is a nice trick question for you trivia enthusiast. The question is - who is the only quarterback from SMU ever drafted by the Dallas Cowboys. Everyone of course always answers Dandy Don Meredith from Mt Vernon. Don was actually drafted by the Chicago Bears and immediately traded to the Cowboys. The correct answer is "Keith Bobo" from Henderson. He was drafted by the Cowboys in the 12th round in 1974.
Cass of 1988

Wylie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Dudley, Solomon, Cat Adams, Toby Mills, Bradford, Wylie, Bobo, Duncan, Michael Jones, two years of number one defense Blue Dogs, Powdrill, Adrian Dudley, Michael and Jimmie Candie, and there are alot other. I think its a great idea to have a Lion H of F. They need to put in girls athletes, coaches, and others who have given to the Lions accomplishments. Radio and p.a. guys like Wallace, Baughman, Dorsey and etc.
was not me

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Old Mustang wrote:
Keith Bobo is a nice trick question for you trivia enthusiast. The question is - who is the only quarterback from SMU ever drafted by the Dallas Cowboys. Everyone of course always answers Dandy Don Meredith from Mt Vernon. Don was actually drafted by the Chicago Bears and immediately traded to the Cowboys. The correct answer is "Keith Bobo" from Henderson. He was drafted by the Cowboys in the 12th round in 1974.
I watched Bobo light up New Mexico State back in 1972 in a game played in the newly opened Texas Stadium. I think he threw for about 400 yards and 3-4 TD's that day.
just wondering

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

What about Daniel Prior?
just wondering

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

and Drew Coleman?
903Lion

Ingleside, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

People forget about the 2002-03 Henderson Lions, who were the last team to win a playoff game before the 2010 team that one it all. That team was lead by a bunch of 3-year starting seniors. Austin Adams, who held a bunch of passing records before Del Barnes broke them all, Derek Horton, Gabe Williams, Michael Lewis, Lester Johnson, Jessie Tippit, Stephen Rains, and Eric Garland. I believe all those guys went on to play college ball excluding Derek Horton and Eric Garland who had legal troubles. I also think the kicker David Korff played college ball as well. Not saying that all those guys deserve to be in the HOF, but people always forget about that team.
Henderson

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Defensewinschampionships wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah by far Brandon Cooper Paul Ballinger and Joseph Ervin. All State players that stuck together, Joel Griffith also!! However Dennis Alexander burned so many bridges that no one went to henderson to get them. Cooper Navarro, done it by himself. Ballinger N.M. State done it by himself and Ervin just got screwed! How dare people not mention these guys for HOF! They were the last class to really dominate, until this 3a team won state!!
You have no idea what you are talking about. These were all great players and the coaches did try to help them. They definitely should be in HOF along with Ballenger's dad, David who was on the team that went to the semi finals also! Todd Jimmerson played really hard with them too and Robbie Grandgeorge.
H-Town

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

There is a guy named Shane Ballenger who was better than his Dad and His older brother Paul, but was paralyzed in a car wreck his junior year. He was first eam all district as a SOPH!!! when H-town was 4A

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of98
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Henderson Forum right now

Search the Henderson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 8 min Truth is might 21,080
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Anyone Know 16,790
anger management 4 hr yep 4
lions football 2014 8 hr sterling merlin 20
Boycott GREEN TOP EXXON - K2 Peddlers 17 hr nobody 7
rfid chipping coming to henderson hospital Thu Sterling Stupid 4
Review: Andy's Plumbing (Dec '13) Thu Worst plumber ever 20
•••
•••
•••
Henderson Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••