Pumpkin Smashing?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
A concerned adult

AOL

#1 Nov 13, 2007
I awoke the day of the syrup festival to notice most of my pumkins from my yard were missing. I was just wondering if anyone else had seen or been missing pumpkins? Aslo, I saw many smashed around town.
also concerned

Henderson, TX

#2 Nov 13, 2007
yeah my kids found a pumpkin smashed in our yard that same m orning and a few down the road
oh noes

Henderson, TX

#3 Nov 14, 2007
omg, the kids are smashing pumpkins!! what are we gonna do?!? god forbid they do something other than smoke mary jane

“love life and always laugh....”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4 Nov 14, 2007
Are you saying it is ok for them to steal and vandalize other people's property?
Pumpkins Cost

Henderson, TX

#5 Nov 14, 2007
Its going to cost around $2500 fix the sign they broke with a pumpkin. So OMG to you!!!

“All Texans ain't Cowboys”

Since: Sep 07

houston

#6 Nov 14, 2007
oh noes wrote:
omg, the kids are smashing pumpkins!! what are we gonna do?!? god forbid they do something other than smoke mary jane
Obviously you don't realize the damgage they did with these pumpkins. They destroyed property and stole property. Not to mention the clean up costs. Lots of folks put in a lot of effort and money for Thankgiving displays in their yard. And these punks come in and take that away.

And you make this sound like a joke. OMG. What an idiotic statement. Sounds like you need to stay away from Mary Jane. This was not a joke to the people who's hard earned money and time was spent on spreading some cheer for the holidays.

Bottom Line. If these punks are caught they should be charged with theft and vandalism.
be realistic

Henderson, TX

#7 Nov 14, 2007
I am saying that it is a lesser of evils.. they can steal and smash pumkins, or they can break your windows out, or stab your tires on your car.. be realistic, its just a pumpkin.. and btw.. if a pumpkin messed up a sign that was worth 2500 dollars, then the sign cost too much to start with

houston

#8 Nov 14, 2007
be realistic wrote:
I am saying that it is a lesser of evils.. they can steal and smash pumkins, or they can break your windows out, or stab your tires on your car.. be realistic, its just a pumpkin.. and btw.. if a pumpkin messed up a sign that was worth 2500 dollars, then the sign cost too much to start with
Why don't you go out, spend some money and some time and effort on a nice Thanksgiving display. Then let me come over and trash it for you.

Then we'll talk.

Let's see if it is "just a pumpkin" then.

houston

#9 Nov 14, 2007
BTW....Breaking windows, stealing pumpkins, stabbing tires, smashing pumpkins are all the same. It is called VANDALISM. They all carry the same consequences.
jeez louise

Henderson, TX

#10 Nov 14, 2007
ok i'll go buy some pumkins and you can come to my house and smash them then i will go to your house and break all the windows out, then we'll decide if its the same thing
No Doubt

AOL

#11 Nov 14, 2007
jeez louise wrote:
ok i'll go buy some pumkins and you can come to my house and smash them then i will go to your house and break all the windows out, then we'll decide if its the same thing
If you think about it, it is the same thing, depending on the cost of the glass versus the cost of the pumpkins.

This is what is wrong with today's youth, making excuses for them.
bigchief

Henderson, TX

#12 Nov 14, 2007
these brats now know that their mommies and daddys will use any means possible to justify bad behavour. teaching kids accountibility and responsibility is too hard, let them do what they want too. then attack their accusers, who already know about the spoiled litte brats.

houston

#13 Nov 15, 2007
jeez louise wrote:
If the cost of the items are the same then of course it's the same thing. Why can't you understand that it is NOT all about a matter of money? It is also about time and effort, not to mention pride, in setting up a nice Thanksgiving display. These were not just pumpkins laying around in people's yards to rot. You come to my house and steal or vandalize my pumpkin display and you'll find an ass full of buckshot.

Pumpkins or windows will result in a sore ass.

Also, do you realize they both can give you the same amount of fine or jail time if you are caught.

Stevens Point, WI

#14 Nov 15, 2007
jughead wrote:
<quoted text>
If the cost of the items are the same then of course it's the same thing. Why can't you understand that it is NOT all about a matter of money? It is also about time and effort, not to mention pride, in setting up a nice Thanksgiving display. These were not just pumpkins laying around in people's yards to rot. You come to my house and steal or vandalize my pumpkin display and you'll find an ass full of buckshot.
Pumpkins or windows will result in a sore ass.
Also, do you realize they both can give you the same amount of fine or jail time if you are caught.
I'm laughing, you're cracking me up!! The problem is the parents will 'save' these kids and get them out of trouble and the kids know it. They'll do this until the "kid" is a legal adult and mommy and daddy CANNOT get them out of trouble any longer, then they'll go through the system.

What a rude awakening!! If they learned early on that there are consequences for bad decisions, maybe they'd avoid escalating from 'smashing pumpkins' to who-knows-what, with the folks wondering "Where did we go wrong?"

The parents are NOT always to blame, I am NOT saying that, but many times, you can look back and see a pattern of "saving their you-know-what" time and time again.

houston

#15 Nov 15, 2007
I find it unbelievable someone would come on here and say what they did was alright. If it happened to them you know darn good and well they wouldn't think this way.
Here's a thought:

Let's say you went into your refrigerator and took out 1 egg. You placed that egg on your front porch. Somebody comes along, takes the egg and goes down the street and throws it at a house. They have in effect just committed 3 crimes.
Trespassing, theft and vandalism.
I if caught the person I could file a report on the stolen egg. They came on my property, without my permission and took something off my property. It could have been my $200,000 Lamborghini or a 5 cent egg. They both are the same crime. Although one would result in a much stiffer penalty than the other they still are the same crime.

Why is that so hard to get through someones thick headed thinking?
Maybe because they either committed the "crime" or know who did. Therefore putting the "blinders" on.
jeez

Henderson, TX

#16 Nov 15, 2007
c'mon we all know kids do stupid things.. its part of growing up. i guess you lived the life of a saint and never did anything that was wrong or illegal. what about when a 17 year old guy has sex with a 15 year old girl. If the parents bring charges on him he is labeled as a sex offender for the rest of his life and has to be registered as one. is that right? I think not..

houston

#17 Nov 15, 2007
jeez wrote:
c'mon we all know kids do stupid things.. its part of growing up. i guess you lived the life of a saint and never did anything that was wrong or illegal. what about when a 17 year old guy has sex with a 15 year old girl. If the parents bring charges on him he is labeled as a sex offender for the rest of his life and has to be registered as one. is that right? I think not..
You're missing the point being made here. God knows I've done things when I was a kid and wish I could take back what I did. I raised all kinds of ruckus in College.
These comments are directed towards the ones who come on here and act like it was NO BIG DEAL. To the ones who were the victims of this theft it was A BIG DEAL. Having someone enter your property and steal is A BIG DEAL.
Sure kids will be kids ya da ya da ya da. As long as their actions are put into this category some of them will eventually get into bigger and better acts of "stupidity". Again I stress I did say "some".
We, as parents, have got to stop turning the other cheek. Quit putting our blinders on. Or else things will never change.

What's even scarier is there are some "parents" who instigate this type of behavior.

Stevens Point, WI

#18 Nov 15, 2007
jeez wrote:
One time during a slumber party, we "stole" approx. ten real estate signs and put them in front of our high school. That's pretty harmless. We "wrapped" our principle's house one time. We liked him, there was no malice involved. Sex is a whole different topic, that has nothing to do with destroying property. Egging someone car or house was something that kids 'back in our day' got in trouble for, for good reason. You're not comparing apples to apples. Our house was one of five in the neighborhood that got hit with a hot pink paint ball last summer, it didn't come totally off. That is not "ok" and just part of growing up.

“love life and always laugh....”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#19 Nov 15, 2007
Amen Jughead I agree with you.
Josh Cominsky

Wichita, KS

#21 Nov 19, 2007
Smashing Pumpkins was a pretty good band in the 90's. I heard they were trying to make a comeback.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Back child support vs marriage license (Apr '14) 22 hr Hereyago 17
drug addicted pregnancy Sat Really 13
News Overton Police Chief Fired Over City's Lack Of ... (Mar '07) Mar 23 tyler sux 14
Miranda scott Mar 23 Smokey the bandit 1
Jeremy Everitt (Mar '15) Mar 23 usa 5
Witch's Grave (Apr '08) Mar 18 Lkayd 202
Has anyone ever had to deal with ALL AMERICAN A... (Jan '11) Mar 17 John 32

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages