Places NOT to eat

Since: Aug 13

Henderson, TX

#1 Aug 14, 2013
Just so you will know....recently worked at Cowgirl's Country Buffet. First thing a fellow employee said to me was "Don't eat anything here!" Roaches EVERYWHERE including the tea urn! UGH!
Frank

White Oak, TX

#2 Aug 16, 2013
I think they leave the food sit out to long in the buffet..

Since: Aug 13

Henderson, TX

#3 Aug 17, 2013
I only worked there for 2.5 hours. In the middle of that shift the manager told me that I wouldn't get paid until he felt like I could handle the job. He said I wouldn't be paid while in training. So I'm here working for free and paying a baby sitter at the same time. Uh....something is not right with this picture. I threw a fit and told him that THAT was illegal. He can't work somebody and not pay them. It's against the law here in the USA. Don't know how things are in China, but I wanted my pay and that it better add up to minimum wage. He finally gave me my $18.37 and told me not to come back. DUH!
Nasty

Henderson, TX

#4 Aug 17, 2013
I found a roach in my drink at Jalepeno tree.. I finally stopped eating there
petey

Livingston, TX

#5 Aug 17, 2013
I've thee are several taco stands out at Cross & Son's Trailer Park. Any one ever try them out?
defense argument

Henderson, TX

#6 Aug 17, 2013
Nasty wrote:
I found a roach in my drink at Jalepeno tree.. I finally stopped eating there
Well, their slogan IS "crazy good Mexican food". Did you expect to not have a drink that featured an insect? The Mexican national drink has a worm in it for gosh sake. They say that roaches are the only species that can survive an atomic blast. You should be thankful you are immune now immune to radiation.
Dennis D

Onalaska, TX

#7 Aug 19, 2013
petey wrote:
I've thee are several taco stands out at Cross & Son's Trailer Park. Any one ever try them out?
I've also wondered if those are any good. I've thought about going by there and trying one of them out.
Dennis D

Onalaska, TX

#8 Aug 19, 2013
defense argument wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, their slogan IS "crazy good Mexican food". Did you expect to not have a drink that featured an insect? The Mexican national drink has a worm in it for gosh sake. They say that roaches are the only species that can survive an atomic blast. You should be thankful you are immune now immune to radiation.
I wasn't aware of any roach problems or sanitation issues at Jalapeno Tree, but it gives me even more reason than I already had to avoid eating there. I'm thoroughly unimpressed with that bland, mediocre stuff they call Mexican food. The queso they put on their dishes tastes like that Campbell's crap that comes out of a can. I'll eat that every couple of years of so to remind myself of why I don't eat there. I can't believe anyone would actually believe that what they serve is good Mexican food. You know what they say about opinions, though.
Dennis D

Onalaska, TX

#9 Aug 19, 2013
I'll eat *there*

Dang typos!
Dennis D

Onalaska, TX

#10 Aug 19, 2013
also *or*
serendipity

Gladewater, TX

#11 Aug 19, 2013
petey wrote:
I stopped by one them there taco stands and I've got to say they're pretty darn good! And also the people are pretty good folks& keep the place spiffy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stop using this excuse. 13 min Susan 11
Jessica Dawson Martin is having an affair with... 18 hr Mike 9
People of henderson May 27 Lol 9
Who is Rand Cates May 27 Lol 3
Who got the best pus in town May 25 J Davis 13
All Stars May 25 Yup 8
Review: Vista College (Apr '12) May 25 blind leading the... 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages